Gaming Why do people like the Vita?

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's a new "weeb" category?, would you call God eater a "weeb" game ?
I play it because I like the mechanics

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then again someone forgot that you can play PSP, PS1, emulate other consoles and etc...

There's actually a lot of games for weebs on vita. Sony is known for catering to those fans. A lot of games get localized. Akiba's trip (a blatant weeb game. Even contains weeb memes in dialogue.), Danganronpa series, there's a good number of VNs, Senran Kagura games, Sword Art Online, UPPERS! (which I'm organizing the translation for btw.)

I wouldn't really consider God Eater series to be weeb games. :)

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I love the Vita. I don't have it hacked nor a big memory card. I also have the Slim version. This slim is fine, more of a budget cut console over quality but I don't mind. Anyways.

I originally thought that the Vita would be a PS2 portable. And eventually, it was. Kinda. But not to the extent I had hoped. But as I was waiting for the PS2 games, I quickly fell in love with the other stuff the handheld had to offer. Not only was there a line of cool and interesting Vita exclusives, there were lots of other things. If you like jrpgs, visual novels, and other weird stuff, the vita is the place for you. Sadly, I feel like the loss of the Monster Hunter series really hurt the console in a way that undermined its success. I am not saying that MH would have single handedly saved the Vita, but I would have helped...

A major selling point to me was the inclusion of PSP and PS1 games. Anything you could get on the store worked on your shiny new Vita. Right along side your Vita exclusives. And most of them allow for you to map the second/right analog stick to any control you want. I immediately mapped L and R to the right stick for added camera control and played hours of Dissidia 012, the first thing I downloaded.

But if you want to know the major draw for me, its the indies. I don't really have a good PC or anything to play indies with, and the vita is just so perfect to be the dumping ground for all these kickstarter/small studio games.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(These Newer Consoles should stop selling games over the counter, it hasn't started to put a dent in consumer confidence at the moment, doesn't matter if I'm poor and can't afford the internet, that is a service the sellers of the consoles should provide for a game that is paid for that console)

(Two Unique Things happened with the Vita. It has a good deal of ps4 games at a lower price point, and the games themselves don't depreciate that much in price past their release date. Disk based games are at a record low in off the store shelf value. So in terms of value for your money in home based consoles you can play on your tv with out the consumer pinch of online games versus shelf games, the pstv wins, this round for now. Theres needs to be some major changes the next time around. Remember how the Virtual Boy and Game Gear failed, now this time around there's the Virtual Stuff, now all we need is a failure to complete the cycle, sure it will happen)

(Maybe, please stop Gamestop, Walmart, K-Mart and the rest of the Online Retails from selling direct from Xbox Live and PSN, help them run their own businesses, without dragging a ball and chain)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game selection. It's got a tie-in for Girls und Panzer, a rhythm game starring a lot of slice-of-life shows (Miracle Girls Festival), and a strong early-launch library, such as Killzone Mercenary, Unit 13, and Virtua Tennis 4

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because off the great hardware. But I really like the shape off the Vita, I like to have my hands side ways off the screen.
And that great big OLED screen. The Vita got really great games and good ports.
Only bad thing about the Vita was, those expensive memory cards....
On my PSP I got one off those MicroSD to MS duo converter, for 40 euro I got 16gb in my PSP that was in +/- 2009.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because ... We have borderland 2 and ffx-2 HD ! :grog:

Naaaah because of the screen and the power. The ds / 3ds are pièce of crap if you compare, weak CPU/GPU + horrible screen
Actually Nintendo manages to make the 3DS's display look incredible for a 240p TN/IPS display. It's just a better console than the Vita. The Vita is garbage :P

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Because now it's worth it, because it has many anime titles, because it is hacked now & because there is a memory card adapter which will be available soon.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Vita has plenty of great games, but it's difficult to deny that there's a lot missed potential when you look at the specs and think of the kind of games it was capable of compared with what we received. I think people really expected console-level games rather than the typical handheld games that populate the plaform.

I think the Switch is fulfilling a lot of the hopes that people had with the Vita.

Reactions: DarthDub and Fsm51

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What to say. 100 % best handheld ever. And you can emulate anything))
Even new SWITCH pure shit. So Vita still remains unbeatable

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Deleted User

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Lets see how all of this fits together, do you remember pee wee herman? After he was convicted of mastur*/exposing himself in public, lots of garbage cans were full of his movies, literally, in some neighborhoods they fulled the streets.......................I believe that was during the 1990s off hand, now when you talk about the North Korean War that will happen, I'm sure the game industry will take a few needed punches, for years of hardware abuses, and dirty tricks)

Microsoft - Sports Polluted Games, Prime Example Halo (American Culture War)
Nintendo - Muscle Memory Polluted Games, Prime Example Mario Franchise (We don't need American Culture Provided anymore)
Playstation - "Funimation" Pollution (Asian Cultural Preference in all its major brands), Prime Example Hyperdimension Neptunia (or xenogears esque/like games)
(Nividia Consoles - European Culture Wars, Prime Example Hitman)

.................what makes the PS VITA, good is its legacy games of the Playstation One. Today, everyone is not selling an honest gaming experience, which is part based on "tooth and nail (struggles) in the fictional verse", "progressive player rewards revealed through the mechanisms of the game, i.e. storytelling or progressive in game revelation" ................. what we have is the very sad "add on content", and the very sad, "trophy system"......................

Next Gen Consoles games, are, very poor in quality ............... that goes without saying, they are a dime a dozen, because that is true, the handhelds are holding the market for higher expectation, so, we've come to accept this in a smaller package ............... the retromarket will keep reoccuring, because the current gen games are just not that good, period.

Reactions: Deleted User

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have either but when I eventually get one the only reason I have for getting and likeing them is miku and sao games, thats about it, otherwise I like 3ds more

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Nintendo does put a lot of effort in marketing its games, so they appear to be "kiddy" or "dreamy" or as the inheritor of its "Legacy" ............... I believe they do that so its fan base takes some confidence in the rebuttals of peer based reviews, and same generation console/game comparisons ................. the same tactics game reviewers and game retailers use to promote online based games and sports, over all other genres, Nintendo seems to use in reverse to monopolize on its fan base)

(These are the older methods of selling the product. I like to compare this to the way "Dial up Internet Service Providers", used to badger you over the phone whenever you wanted to cancer the service or cancer the recurring payments, hoping you would just give up and say "okay, you win, I realize I made a bad decision")

(I believe the future of gaming will produce far less consoles in a competing market, and like the transition of the "Sega Corporation", will exist in name only as a Third Party Software Provider, Nintendo based on its policies is losing ground in the Android and Cellular Gaming Market, Nintendo does not have a strong based on home consoles because it can't compete anymore, it exists with some degree of strength in the handheld market, but I'm sure that won't last, the last one or two consoles it has even produced has failed)

(The Consoles that Nintendo has been releasing are very cumbersome to hold in your hand, and they look very ugly, it like when you make the buying decision, you must also accept the fact that you are getting a lower quality product and lower quality games, you must learn to pick out of the "flee market" what you like in what they have to sell in their lineup ................... All of that was good a few years ago, but right now, you need real competition in game quality and performance, and you can't just shut out your peers and competitors ................ this is the new reality of what gamers want because the "retro games", and "pc emulation" have raised the benchmark and that is a lasting reminder of why these yester year policies will not hold to the market, the next console nintendo releases, will fail also, until they give way to market pressure and they may even follow the path of the "Sega Corporation", existing in name only)

(True, I don't view the current gen games with much value at all. But I do own a ps4 and I make a purchase now and then, because there is something I want to play that catches my interest. I buy less games this generation then I have in the past generations of games. This is not attributed to "retro games", "pc emulation" or "piracy", this is attributed to the current lineup of games not having as much quality or the traditional mechanics I enjoy. I play some online games that is okay, but once you buy the right online game you want, you don't keep buying more of the same. Regardless, I know the games cost more to make, and the turnover is must faster from development to sales, all of that should not impact me as a consumer but it does ................ so I read more reviews before I buy, and I buy less)

(not only do I read more reviews before I buy, and buy less, but I take advantage of the online sales discounts, especially because the game stores that sell the games that have been out for months on their store shelves at full price, is an abusive practice and more people are saying no)

TsUnDeReAznGuY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 4 Golden! Chie,Marie,Rise best gurls!XD I only have a few games. It's mostly for Jrpgs that are only exclusive to the vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?