Gaming Why do people like the Vita?

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Best handheld console ever.
Shape is great, it looks beautiful, it's powerful, the OS is nice to use.

Everything about the Vita is great, I just love it.

Definetly bro, no doubt ;)
bce86e93cafa68d9879fb64a478c1371.jpg

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Officially the Vita, is the best console since Sega Saturn. Remember Sega Saturn had better hardware and better games at least initially then the PS1. It had Castlevania SOTN, with the additional characters and content, that was removed from PS1................then the content and characters were added into the PSP version, then a FULL SCREEN patch was made for the psp version so you can play it full screen on the pstv.................that small fact makes it the best console on the market, that and henkaku ofcourse.

Sadly, the Sega Saturn failed because of the methods used to make the games required more man hours, then say the PS1, since they were using more modern development tools. I don't believe anything about it being harder to program for.

Its like a "Birthday Shower", you know. When a New Console is released on the Market, it gains an automatic percentage of Sales because of simple curiosity. When the PS1 was released, this curiosity claimed sales, and everyone wanted to brand this as a fresh start, it had nothing to do with a better quality product. Or the myth of a harder to program for Sega Saturn..........................Fortunately they had the interest of dedicated game developers, otherwise, after the "Birthday Shower" effect, in a few months or a year or two that console is dead, and the pay to play profits along with it.

This is a big part of the gaming industry the "Birthday Shower" effect, whatever the official marketing name is, anyway. Sony is still number one, because they released the "PS4 4K", a revised version of the PS4. Don't get me wrong, the other consoles available are not that good, but this behavior of the market has not changed, this has always been the case with video games and gaming consoles.

Just look at Nintendo, the games are poor quality, and they keep releasing consoles that play the same games. LMAO. And people are going to buy a whole bunch of it, but the turn around is less and less....................You see the streaming of all of sony's products happen over the ps4, I think your looking at the concept for the next new console. We should have ps3, ps2, psp, ps1, and even ps4 all available at our finger tips for download, the console doesn't even have to make a single new game, there's a lot of content any game freak would like to play, they never had to chance too) (maybe we could even have the nintendo ds and 3ds libraries added to our game choices for the ps5 or the "PS-Gen-X")

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Future-Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love both my 3DS XL and my PSVita..PSVita has a large library of backwards compatible games and #DS seems to have some unique games I can't get on other systems...its all about the games. PSVita has a bigger screen which is great on my old eyes..( Still need to wear my reading glasses though)

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always loved the psp hack scene back in 2006-2007. And once I saw the vita being released I figured Sony did the right thing gething rid of umd's and going with carts. And overall I thought the vita was a slick-looking device. It could run psp/ps1 classic games from the psn, which I always loved my ps1 as a childso to me that was a plus... So after giving it awhile I was sold and at 200$ with a game I figured why not with my budget /income it wouldnt be a loss in anyway(borderlands 2, v2.0 vita) shortly after buying it 3.18 was concidered golden firm and i just so happen to be on it so i took advantage of it and we had a ps1 loader and psp emu and that opened up the gaming library on the vita by A lot! it was everything a psp modded could do but on a vita another plus!! Now as time goes on even more homebrew has been released etc. But I didn't buy solely on modding it I bought it because I liked the design and potential it had and still has. But being modded is just a plus and makes it even better imo.

Reactions: ishygdaft

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my vita because I love following hacking progress on systems, the psp was also a big act to follow and I wanted to see how Sony would do it. I got my vita back in 2015 for 40 dollars and I've only updated this Vita twice the whole time I've owned it. I Bought Zetta Hero Project and sat on firmware 3.18, I also got tekken 2 for the ps1 loader with proper sound. Didn't do much with it for a while, bought a few psn games..not much. Then like 4 months ago I was at a pawnshop with my buddy. We saw a vita in the glass display for 140 with a few games (3g model, like what I already had). We charged it and checked the firmware, I wouldn't have thought anything of any firmware above 3.51 because of the old psmobile rejuvenate platform, the thing was running 3.60. I thought that it might be a bad idea so I looked around for a minute on my phone to see what was the best option out there... low and behold it was henkaku...BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT, just kept chanting this to my buddy so he did. Later he wanted a nice memory stick for the vita because it came with a 4gig. I offered to trade systems, he had bought a launch model first edition with the box and all the goodies, because of the crazy cost of memory he went for it. This launch Vita... let me tell you, it's mint, almost no scratches, perfect buttons and joysticks, it even had under 100 charge cycles. After that I got henkaku, then taihenkau, then Enso. It's been one hell of a ride.

Last edited by ishygdaft, , Reason: The whole story

MoonUsotsuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I Don't know why people like it, because i've never owned one, but I can tell why I would want one
It is the only platform in the market where Persona 4 Golden is available, also many indies and other AAA titles that caught my attention, but mostly persona.
I also can say that I did had both a DS an a PSP, actually I still have the psp, there are great game on both systems, it's only the games that you're into that makes the difference.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the Vita because I'm a JRPG addict and I can play PS1/PSP titles on it. All on the go, too.

The one thing that I really loathe about the Vita are the overpriced proprietary memory cards. Which I'm sure is one of the reasons that shooed off many potential buyers. Sure, there's the whole SD2Vita adapters recently, but it's already a bit too late.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the vita because it's sleek, the screen is great, and it's got dual analog sticks. Well the Phat has the great screen but the Slim is sleek, lighter, and imo more comfortable.
That and you can play so many different systems on it and it runs most of it very well. I still have a PSTV running TNX just for the PS1 compatibility.

Sony may have neglected the vita but homebrew developers and hackers made it a great system

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ishygdaft

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the PSP that was my main handheld console when it came out. I remember going to circuit city with my dad to go buy it and for Spiderman 2 the game and movie for PSP.

And eventually I saw the vita when I starting working at toysrus and thought it was a beautiful looking console. Eventually I ended up buying one years later well 2 years ago I ended up buying the borderlands edition.

Beside the looks I love the games, it's like a mini console. I found the games better then the 3ds, I had a 3ds as well the games felt more like a console game then the 3ds games did. Hard to explain to me, I can't really explain it but I just love the vita.

IceRune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well like the vita cause i thought phantasy star online 2 was gonna be on it. Until sega denied me my wish. :nayps3:

But thinking about it now, it has console quality games in a mobile setting, while to me is mixed feelings. As i always said, console exclusive games are important for it to survive, most psvita games exist on ps3 or ps4. I guess is not a bad thing, is just like Hedio Kojima said about the switch, when he compared it to his own game metal gear solid HD collection using the transferring feature (Allows you to use single save data on both systems to continue playing without starting over) Still is a system that deserves praise for the hardware alone, as for the games there is a good and healthy selection of them not to mention psp and ps1 ports as well, remote play on ps3 and ps4, and that playstation now, some video stream apps like hulu, netflix, or playstation vue. :)

In other words, at the start it didn't have much to offer but as time passed it offered a bit more than was expected, even though no one actually bought the 3G model and used it as a phone :P

Honestly there is bad things about it Like the OVER PRICED PRIORITY MEMORY CARDS. ENCRYPTED FILE SYSTEM, VERY LIMITED FILE MANAGEMENT AND BACKUP DATA (Save data back ups are very awkward) But some people would buy this over maybe a 3DS in some cases. Yes is true 3DS is more popular than vita but why is that? More games to offer for many players from various ages, lots of titles from various well known companies, supportive brand management and pr with the content. Meanwhile sony seem to have given up on vita like a year after playstation tv was announced (like late 2015) Though games still get made for it, the only thing holding it back are the overpriced memory cards, so as long as that wasn't the main issue, sure there more reason to like it.
I have never really owned a PSP or PS Vita or other similar Sony device that's portable as a kid (and still today.) I have always had hopes of my parents getting me one when I was at the age of 11 - 13 when I was starting to get into more content on the PS3 like Infamous, Uncharted, so fourth but its never really happened, instead I got Nintendo hand helds pretty much most of the time.

The DS was one of the first consoles I had owned, and from there I upgraded to the 3ds, since then I have never really thought about turning or looking back at anything Sony or Microsoft for portable gaming.

It seems like a really good console with a lot of indie games & packed with a few action games but thats pretty much it, I don't really know why people come to appreciate so much in general.

I didn't know you could use it as a phone. How does that work? Can it actually call people?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know you could use it as a phone. How does that work? Can it actually call people?
Apparently it can. You need a sim card provided by at&t though, which is known for not being popular among most cell phone users. But i never used it, i had a google nexus with t-mobile which was far simpler. Supposedly it was also supposed to have 3G internet with it. There is settings for it in the system but only for the models with the 3G simcard function.:unsure:

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because it does have some good games. Because it can play PSX and PSP games. Because it has a nice screen. The vitas only flaw is its small library. Doesn't mean it's bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho