Gaming Why do people like the Vita?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Because ... We have borderland 2 and ffx-2 HD ! :grog:

Naaaah because of the screen and the power. The ds / 3ds are pièce of crap if you compare, weak CPU/GPU + horrible screen

Because better hardware.

With all this "power and features" the Vita is still a failure at that lame brand owner's eyes and pockets. This proves once again that a system's "awesome" specifications don't mean success. It's all about games and fun.

I have a Vita's because I got it for really cheap, that is the first reason.

Now I like my Vita because is the perfect replacement of a PSP (which I also own) in terms of emulation, even though most of the official games released on the Vita's platform are crap, I'd say only 10/15 of them are worth playing.
And now that we have something like a CFW (not quite a CFW anyway) and SD2Vita adapters, we can finally enjoy our gaming handheld as it should have been from the beginning, without the hunger for money of that lame brand owner.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With all this "power and features" the Vita is still a failure at that lame brand owner's eyes and pockets. This proves once again that a system's "awesome" specifications don't mean success. It's all about games and fun.

I have a Vita's because I got it for really cheap, that is the first reason.

Now I like my Vita because is the perfect replacement of a PSP (which I also own) in terms of emulation, even though most of the official games released on the Vita's platform are crap, I'd say only 10/15 of them are worth playing.
And now that we have something like a CFW (not quite a CFW anyway) and SD2Vita adapters, we can finally enjoy our gaming handheld as it should have been from the beginning, without the hunger for money of that lame brand owner.

Playing VCS on an OLED screen, yes please.
The sole reason why I got a Vita is the PSP being completely compatible with it and the PSP had some nice titles.
Aside from the few good Vita titles, it's just a neat system with better hardware then the 3DS.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Playing VCS on an OLED screen, yes please.
The sole reason why I got a Vita is the PSP being completely compatible with it and the PSP had some nice titles.
Aside from the few good Vita titles, it's just a neat system with better hardware then the 3DS.

<sarcasm> Yes! VCS looks nice on an OLED.. </sarcasm>

And that "better hardware" is a failure at that brand owner's eyes/pockets... If it weren't for Henkaku/TaiHenkaku/Ensö, SD2Vita, and all homebrew, most Vita's would be getting buried on the desert. LOL

Even the DS/DSi have better officially released games than the Vita. :yaynds:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
<sarcasm> Yes! VCS looks nice on an OLED.. </sarcasm>

And that "better hardware" is a failure at that brand owner's eyes/pockets... If it weren't for Henkaku/TaiHenkaku/Ensö, SD2Vita, and all homebrew, most Vita's would be getting buried on the desert. LOL

Even the DS/DSi have better officially released games than the Vita. :yaynds:

Opinions, opinions, don't drown in them.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For now that I'm waiting for the 3.60 motherboard, I'm using it to watch my photos on OLED :D

(I actually have 2 original games but ain't nobody got time for those)

The PSTV, well, between the missing features, the ghetto controller I have, and it requiring an external monitor... well it's not too entertaining

Last edited by Ryccardo,

IceRune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it can. You need a sim card provided by at&t though, which is known for not being popular among most cell phone users. But i never used it, i had a google nexus with t-mobile which was far simpler. Supposedly it was also supposed to have 3G internet with it. There is settings for it in the system but only for the models with the 3G simcard function.:unsure:

It sounds like the vita is a really nice handheld device. I just ordered one from eBay. I know they quit making them, but they are still available on there. I want one because I really like JRPGs.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The neglect maybe not but the second part rings true with the psp as well, umd sucked :P

the umd was a terrible idea. create a mobile device that goes in the hands but have it use moveable parts. I bet umd's were scratched constantly due to this.

edit: the vita itself is pretty solid despite the overpriced memory cards and the serious lack of exclusives. last I heard, there were only 62 exclusives on the system.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: ishygdaft

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the vita is a really nice handheld device. I just ordered one from eBay. I know they quit making them, but they are still available on there. I want one because I really like JRPGs.
Still seem kinda unfair to quit making them when people still publish games for them. Like trying to make a snes game and only people who still have a snes can play it, but yeah, it is a good system, too bad people treat it poorly when it deserves better. :(

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I kind if forgot about this thread, and i'm kind of dissapointed with myself because of that. So i'm going to show what I think about the two consoles to end the thread at a conclusion :P.

If I had to choose between the two consoles i'd probably pick the PS Vita over the PSP. Mostly because of the PS Vita's libary of indie games that make it unique and its huge line up of JRPG's (which i'd assume are very popular in japan but I don't live there so who know's :/.) Not only that it can play PS4 games provided your PS Vita is not hacked and you don't want your PS4 to be banned with your PS Vita along with it, you can also emulate a bunch of systems on the PS Vita, such as NES, GBA, SNES, DOS BOX, some older systems like Atari, and even PS1 & PS2 Games. There might have been some I missed but for the most part that's what is normally included. You can also store videos and backup tv shows or movies to it if you really wanted to.

The only downsides to the system though that really make or break your expectations is that there is no 1st party game support, the 3G model Vita is *almost* useless because you can use a Hotspot instead and carry that with you, You have to choose between PS4 compatibility of emulators if you don't want to ban your PS4 for using PS Vita CFW, the memory cards cost a lot of money, and the console is really expensive because of its capabilities to stream PS4 games to the PS Vita, And that's really all that has to be said,

In terms of what this system is capable of and for its time how amazing it was. I'd say its worth awhile to keep, the Nintendo Switch might have the upper hand in terms of graphical capabilities but in the end the PS Vita is essentially a must for anyone who is into casual gaming on the go and wants to get a rich gaming experience or wants to play their PS4 games on the go.

I would also say go and get a PSP if you want to take the cheaper route but you will be losing more of a rich gaming on the go excperience for a cheaper device & most emulator support.

The PSP can still play most of what the PS Vita can (except PS Vita games of course.) But it won't have the PS4 streaming feature, support for GBA Games as far as I know, and limited support for PS2 games in comparison to the PS Vita.

If I had to factor in price over "WOW", I would get a PSP becuase of how cheap it is. Some might argue that a 2ds would be better worth it, and while that is true it really depends on what you want to emulate. So far the only systems I emulate on a New 3ds xl are SNES Games, NES, GBA, DS/Dsi, Gameboy, Gameboy Color. And that's it really, and I don't think older titles like back from the Atari do work (I may be incorrect on that.) So it really depends, do you want to play the classics or do you want to play modern games and many virtual console games.

Thanks, :P (and sorry for the late reply.)

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[...] If I had to choose between the two consoles i'd probably pick the PS Vita over the PSP. Mostly because of the PS Vita's libary of indie games that make it unique [...]

Indie games on the Vita are in my opinion, the game library that makes having one worth it, even more than those "officially" released games that use an Anime as a reason to exist, while they're complete crap.

Speaking of RPG's, I don't like those where you take turns to get bored... I prefer ones with real action. Like the upcoming "Legend of Mana".

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh I kind if forgot about this thread, and i'm kind of dissapointed with myself because of that. So i'm going to show what I think about the two consoles to end the thread at a conclusion :P.

If I had to choose between the two consoles i'd probably pick the PS Vita over the PSP. Mostly because of the PS Vita's libary of indie games that make it unique and its huge line up of JRPG's (which i'd assume are very popular in japan but I don't live there so who know's :/.) Not only that it can play PS4 games provided your PS Vita is not hacked and you don't want your PS4 to be banned with your PS Vita along with it, you can also emulate a bunch of systems on the PS Vita, such as NES, GBA, SNES, DOS BOX, some older systems like Atari, and even PS1 & PS2 Games. There might have been some I missed but for the most part that's what is normally included. You can also store videos and backup tv shows or movies to it if you really wanted to.

The only downsides to the system though that really make or break your expectations is that there is no 1st party game support, the 3G model Vita is *almost* useless because you can use a Hotspot instead and carry that with you, You have to choose between PS4 compatibility of emulators if you don't want to ban your PS4 for using PS Vita CFW, the memory cards cost a lot of money, and the console is really expensive because of its capabilities to stream PS4 games to the PS Vita, And that's really all that has to be said,

In terms of what this system is capable of and for its time how amazing it was. I'd say its worth awhile to keep, the Nintendo Switch might have the upper hand in terms of graphical capabilities but in the end the PS Vita is essentially a must for anyone who is into casual gaming on the go and wants to get a rich gaming experience or wants to play their PS4 games on the go.

I would also say go and get a PSP if you want to take the cheaper route but you will be losing more of a rich gaming on the go excperience for a cheaper device & most emulator support.

The PSP can still play most of what the PS Vita can (except PS Vita games of course.) But it won't have the PS4 streaming feature, support for GBA Games as far as I know, and limited support for PS2 games in comparison to the PS Vita.

If I had to factor in price over "WOW", I would get a PSP becuase of how cheap it is. Some might argue that a 2ds would be better worth it, and while that is true it really depends on what you want to emulate. So far the only systems I emulate on a New 3ds xl are SNES Games, NES, GBA, DS/Dsi, Gameboy, Gameboy Color. And that's it really, and I don't think older titles like back from the Atari do work (I may be incorrect on that.) So it really depends, do you want to play the classics or do you want to play modern games and many virtual console games.

Thanks, :P (and sorry for the late reply.)
PSP does have GBA emulators and they work perfectly

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Vita has the better hardware while 3DS has the games.

If you're into RPGs then the Vita is your go-to RPG machine and in addition to that, you can also load up PSP, PS1 and retro emulators on it so it can do really a lot but said lot can be done on an Android anyway.

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably the only one on this forum that has not yet hacked my Vita lol

The proprietary memory cards suck..at the time the biggest I could afford was a 16 GB and it's pretty much full, I haven't completed some of the games on it so I can't really free up much space either. I don't play it enough to warrant paying the outlandish prices a 64 GB goes for. There's not that many games unless you're really big into JRPGs and indies. I really wish Sony would have supported the system longer or had some more first party titles, since the ones they did have were pretty high quality.

Prior to the Switch, the Vita was the closest you could get to a console experience on a handheld. I love my 3DS but let's face it, hardware wise it has the limitations you'd expect from a handheld. The Vita felt damn near like a portable PS3 when I first got it.

davidgilmour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it's hacked you can turn it into a decent emulation machine.
You misspelled “fucking awesome”

Because Henkaku. That's why we all open the chest and use this portable again.
I have to add: because SNES portable on a OLED. Others would say PSX, GBA or PSP. I go with SNES.
I say Mame and PC Engine. Waiting for Supergrafx emulation.

you can emulate anything, even new SWITCH pure shit
Wow, which drugs you on?

Best fucking d-pad ever made!

Last edited by davidgilmour,
Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls