Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want homebrew to

- remotely turn off the Switch
- transfer over save data to MicroSD or PC
- Gecko
- Game modding for the inevitable censorship that will be inflicted upon Nintendo published titles

Piracy is the last thing on my mind. I'm perfectly capable of paying for my games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been a gamer for the past ~30 years (No I'm not 30 but you don't start gaming at 0) and when I was a kid I had a Commodore 64. I discovered the homebrew scene back in 1988 when almost everything in your C64 was kind of homebrew, games were made by small groups of people, you made games, you messed around with your programs, that was the whole idea from the get go.

My Commodore 64 played all type of games, games I bought, games I made, games my neighbour made, we all were lucky enough to have the great fun of messing around with it, the fun of making our own things and messing around with things from others. When I RTFM enough to make my own things my mind was blown.

I think my generation, at least the part of my generation that shared this freedom, will always love and want homebrew, because it is the fun itself. More even so on the go. And of course we mess around and build things on android, etc. But it is always fun to hack and mess with every other system.

ZzzWayne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well for me, recently homebrew has allowed me to play zelda botw comfortable on my favorite controller (DS3). But most importantly, backups of saves. I have logged an insane number of hours playing pokemon games as a kid. I know that one day the flash/ battery saves will eventually die and thankfully I've been able to extract the saves with homebrew

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
My number one reason is for a gamestream client so I could have access to all my Steam library also. I have an Nvidia Shield Portable, and I use it to play my steam games on since I hate sitting at a computer. Sometimes I hook it up to the tv and use Xbox 360 controllers to play games, but it is not as simple as just docking with the Switch. It would give me a way to have access to all the new Nintendo stuff plus PC games in one device that is portable and has physical controls.

I'm sure someone would come up with some other cool stuff, too. Like maybe a Plex client.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For the Switch an option like the PSVita has for overclocking would be nice, fixes a lot of the performance issues with games.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
custom themes and modding games like smash bros or even rythim games to get new songs...made by the community, not pirated ones

D

Deleted-384698

im probably a minority but i don't actually play many video games and buy consoles for the express purpose of hacking them

since psp days this has been the case for me

but when i do play games, i play undubs, and therefore unhacked consoles are useless anyway!
it looks like atlus is getting the message at least, persona 5 getting a japanese voice dlc, this is a trend i hope continues

also the ol dated operating system or bash running on a portable console party trick never gets old

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs