Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Always the same group of anti piracy whiners that ruin every thread on here. In case you haven't noticed, none of us here in the HACKING section care about your anti piracy opinions. or concerns.
Now you kn ow how we feel when you post hacking related content outside the hacking section :) Retroboy is a PITA too...

I think modding a console will lead to piracy no matter what. You can't get mad when people use homebrew for piracy. If you are the gatekeeper, how can you be mad, when you opened the gate?
Pretty much. It's asinine how many people advocate anarchy or for the right of full freedom and yet expect everyone else to conform to the same moral restrictions they hold.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you kn ow how we feel when you post hacking related content outside the hacking section :) Retroboy is a PITA too...

Pretty much. It's asinine how many people advocate anarchy or for the right of full freedom and yet expect everyone else to conform to the same moral restrictions they hold.

Pretty much, how is making unauthorized modifications of a console any less immoral than pirating a game? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everybody realized that modchips cost money because they cost money to produce and to ship to you so you can have it. You guys just keep meshing it into something worse.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everybody realized that modchips cost money because they cost money to produce and to ship to you so you can have it. You guys just keep meshing it into something worse.
I mean, I'm sure no one thought it was free.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That money is not going to the developer of the game. I'd argue that's a level of plagiarism.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That money is not going to the developer of the game. I'd argue that's a level of plagiarism.
The chip it self has nothing to do with piracy...

The money it goes into the chip is the same as buying an accessory from a 3rd party manufacturer where the money will not go the the original brand, it's not different than buying a crap copy of a DS3 controller for the PS3...

And about piracy, there's way more ppl buying games and they are making bigger profits, I my self have no money so I can't pay for them, I buy like 1 or 2 cheap games per year for my PC\PS4...

And anyway I would never buy a Switch or a single game from nintendo, so I would only buy one if it gets hacked, so it means either way Nintendo won't lose any money with me as I wouldn't even buy any console from them in first place...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: reminon

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The chip it self has nothing to do with piracy...

The money it goes into the chip is the same as buying an accessory from a 3rd party manufacturer where the money will not go the the original brand, it's not different than buying a crap copy of a DS3 controller for the PS3...

And about piracy, there's way more ppl buying games and they are making bigger profits, I my self have no money so I can't pay for them, I buy like 1 or 2 cheap games per year for my PC\PS4...

And anyway I would never buy a Switch or a single game from nintendo, so I would only buy one if it gets hacked, so it means either way Nintendo won't lose any money with me as I wouldn't even buy any console from them in first place...
3rd party controllers usually have to pay a license fee to the original developer, and the original developer usually have exclusivity on that accessory for a while.

The game developer is the sole body that can legally provide you that game, and they depend on all their sales being legitimate.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...According to
Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc.,
this is not the case. A device "Game Genie" that requires the original work "NES" to be able to perform it's function, does not create a derivative work, or constitute copyright infringement, much less plagiarism.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3rd party controllers usually have to pay a license fee to the original developer, and the original developer usually have exclusivity on that accessory for a while.

That's a more recent development (like 360 recent). http://brandonw.net/360bridge/doc.php

Doubtless there were some before that went that route so as to be able to put things on the box, and possibly dodge some patent or trademark (Sony's symbols and colours might well have been trademarked) issues, but fees wise it is far from a requirement historically.

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I for one Am REALLY looking forward a patch to uncensor the text and reverse the name changes on Xenoblade 2, patches are what made me hack my WiiU, without WiiU and 3DS hacks we wouldn't have uncensor/unlocalizations(or Project zero 4) and to me that is more importante than piracy or at least it is a price I'll gladly pay, since easy system hacking means, more consoles sold and that means more games, also I won't be an hypocryte and say I don't pirate when I hack my system but I always buy games I like(I bought XBX and Tokyo Mirage Sessions even though I play the hacked/patched versions)

Last edited by Erxkum,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The game developer is the sole body that can legally provide you that game, and they depend on all their sales being legitimate.
I'm talking about cheap eBay copies of the original controller or others that have no connection with M$ or Sony... Like you can buy a cheaper wireless copy of the X360 wireless dongle for PC unbranded...

There are lots of X360\Xone, DS3 and other controller copies... Sony even went further and started blocking some controllers on the PS3...

So buying a TX chip is just the same as buying a 3rd party accessory without any connection to the brand, you pay for the chip only...

I also have CronusMax and can connect almost any controller on my PS4 and even use my G25 as if I bought a G29, it emulates it with full force feedback, it's another accessory that bypasses PS4 crap controller authentication and not related to a specific console as it does the same on PS3, Xone, X360...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise