Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

Hajaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Soldering isnt that hard once you learn how to do it propely. My first soldering jobs were on my xbox og, gamecube and ps2, and while successfull, in hindsight i did an incredibly poor job. After a while i started getting into modding arcade sticks and i took the time to look up some videos on how to solder properly. Basically you just find some old pcb to train on and make sure you heat both the pad and the wire at the same time where they touch and once both are heated up just press the solder into the joint. Shaky hands become less of a factor because your tip is basically resting in that spot.

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Soldering isnt that hard once you learn how to do it propely. My first soldering jobs were on my xbox og, gamecube and ps2, and while successfull, in hindsight i did an incredibly poor job..
Yes, but who?
Who is GBAtemp? Who are the Moderators? Who are the major Devs? Who is team Xecuter?

Reactions: pandavova

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profiting from piracy is the lowest thing to do?

Ads on your downloads is shitty but need to host somehow - if this is hardware - okay, fair. If it's software, or like some DRM shit :(
TX is not like that, with them you usually pay for a chip which they have probably spent thousands or millions into developing and probably killed quite a few Switches in the process of trying to hack it... And I'm also sure they have HUGE expensive equipment in their workstation like expensive oscilloscopes, expensive high precision multimeters, some crazy nand programmers and soldering equipments + HUGE BRAINS........

So you pay for a chip+software in one package (I bet it will still be like that), and maybe if they want they can even add cool features that are not find on the original console, like on the Xbox original you could add a LCD to it and do some other stuff...
Also a great way of killing your system. Hard mods aren't noob friendly, and that's a good thing. And the 3ds wii, would like to speak with you in regards of recovering from bricks
My RGH X360 still works... and my Gateway on the 3DS is still working and I'm still using emunand, though I don't use the console.

Though Gateway promised an update LONG ago and still nothing, but its not like I care, I will keep using Gateway and not the later exploits since I only played online original demos and don't care to any nintendo online service, so I don't even care for the latest firmware either.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don matter what you say, people all over the world ll never pay any respect to someones else effort, never

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If i look at your signature i'am asking myself "He cant buy the games but 8 consoles?!"
it's confusing to be honest!

As someone who has been down the road of poverty before, I will ask you not to judge.

I was exactly like @TheGreek Boy a few years ago, and it wasn't nice. The only reason I cared about piracy in the first place was so I could play games that I couldn't afford.

I was poor but I had like 5 consoles. That means nothing. I put every penny I had into buying second hand console systems because I love gaming. That's the reason we are all on this forum to begin with.

If I had to buy 10 new games for a PS4, that would cost as much as all my consoles combined.

Like him, like my past self, and like many other people, piracy is only a way to get what we cannot get.

I have since left poverty, life is treating me better, and I don't even remember the last time I cared about piracy.

If I want a game, I buy it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who has been down the road of poverty before, I will ask you not to judge.

I was exactly like @TheGreek Boy a few years ago, and it wasn't nice. The only reason I cared about piracy in the first place was so I could play games that I couldn't afford.

I was poor but I had like 5 consoles. That means nothing. I put every penny I had into buying second hand console systems because I love gaming. That's the reason we are all on this forum to begin with.

If I had to buy 10 new games for a PS4, that would cost as much as all my consoles combined.

Like him, like my past self, and like many other people, piracy is only a way to get what we cannot get.

I have since left poverty, life is treating me better, and I don't even remember the last time I cared about piracy.

If I want a game, I buy it.
This is ridiculous. You are talking about gaming as if it's food or shelter. It is not ok to steal games no matter how poor you are simply because you "really want to play".

I can't believe how common entitlement is these days that pirates can't even be honest with themselves about what they're doing. Back in the day we were proud pirates dammit.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ridiculous. You are talking about gaming as if it's food or shelter. It is not ok to steal games no matter how poor you are simply because you "really want to play".

I can't believe how common entitlement is these days that pirates can't even be honest with themselves about what they're doing. Back in the day we were proud pirates dammit.
Piracy is hardly stealing, and in this case you would be hard pressed to even call it a lost sale

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Piracy is hardly stealing, and in this case you would be hard pressed to even call it a lost sale
It absolutely IS stealing, and it absolutely is NOT a lost sale.

This isn't a grey area, it's black and white. If you can't afford something you either make sacrifices to afford it, or you still can't afford it and you go without. Piracy doesn't suddenly become justified in this case. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't lie about what it is. It's stealing.

Last edited by subcon959,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is stealing
You took something you didn't buy

Piracy is the illicit duplication of a digital medium, the original game, media, etc is still there. You're just making an illegal copy. That's piracy. Yes, it's still illegal, but the original copy of the movie, game, etc is still there, isn't it? Stealing implicates that the original is taken and can't be replaced. People need to calm their tits about people who pirate, and give this a read

http://gbatemp.net/threads/piracy-common-myths.344858/

This isn't a grey area, it's black and white. If you can't afford something you either make sacrifices to afford it, or you still can't afford it and you go without. Piracy doesn't suddenly become justified in this case. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying don't lie about what it is. It's stealing.

For your reading pleasure. Also, this is hardly the right place to be preaching anti piracy agendas on a site where many people have downloaded ROMs off the internet. People are gonna pirate no matter what the opposing side may be, get used to it.

Theft implicates the item being stolen and irreplaceable, piracy is the illicit copying of something and distributing it, not the same thing. Take for instance, say I rent a book from the library, I go to a copy machine and copy 100% of it, then I return the book. I made an illegal copy, but the book was returned, so really, it's not stealing the book, I just copied it illegally.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: WhiteMaze

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

You have a vague definition of "stealing" or "theft". Piracy involves copying or downloading a 'copy' of the software or media. Theft usually indicates a loss. Which, the only loss in piracy is a potential sale. Not trying to justify piracy, but don't confuse the two.

Last edited by Kioku,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have a vague definition of "stealing" or "theft". Piracy involves downloading a 'copy' of the software or media. Theft usually indicates a loss. Which, the only loss in piracy is a potential sale. Not trying to justify piracy, but don't confuse the two.
Your argument seems to be about semantics when you clearly understand the morality so doesn't change anything.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, there are millions of games on god knows how many platforms out there and when you best hobby is enjoying a game and you have no money to buy more than like 2 per year from the millions out there, I don't even judge...

I my self if switch won't run backups I won't ever buy the console so in my case is all the same as I would also never buy a nintendo game or even any console from them so yeah... (I can only dream about the console right now and I have seen Zelda on my friend's Switch it looks pretty cool, but not 70 eur cool + 320€ for the console, that is even more than a month of my old salary and I'm currently on a 0€ salary, unemployed :( ).

ps: I'd rather save to buy a crazy ass top of the line cheap indie game for my PC. Last game was 1.49€ indie and would cost probably 70€ on the Switch. Before this game I bought one like a year ago Rising Storm Vietnam 2 for around 6€ when it came out and I had way more fun in it than on the crap very unrealistic Battlefield 1 which I have like 20hours... And SQUAD is my favourite top of the line most realistic FPS I have which cost like less than 20€ a few years ago and nothing can get close to it, I never liked Arma dull gameplay (and probably no consoles will ever have such a realistic game, anyway I wouldn't even try playing it with a controller since even in the PC I have to be looking at which pixel on the screen is moving for me to aim and shoot :) )...

Last edited by guily6669,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Your argument seems to be about semantics when you clearly understand the morality so doesn't change anything.

Ah, so my argument is invalid because I agree piracy is wrong? Talk about shallow.

You're practically telling me you have no argument to enforce "piracy is stealing" which anyone who knows anything can argue the opposite.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone missed the memo

But yes, continue shoving your anti-piracy agendas down our gullets. We're not denying piracy is wrong, we're pointing out that copying something illegally is not theft.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/theft

noun

1.The act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of thepersonal goods or property of another; larceny.

2. an instance of this.

3. Archaic. something stolen.

Piracy

noun, plural piracies.
practice of a pirate; robbery or illegal violence at sea.
the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book,recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc.:
The record industry is beset with piracy.

Also called stream capture. Geology. diversion of the upper part ofone stream by the headward growth of another.

Gee, look at no. 2, what a coincidence! In this context, piracy is no. 2 definition.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone missed the memo

But yes, continue shoving your anti-piracy agendas down our gullets.
I can't believe I'm actually replying to you since you're clearly on your period this past week, but I'm not anti-piracy and never have been. Perhaps practice a bit of reading comprehension before typing the first thought that comes into your head? Or maybe take that break you suggested elsewhere and come back less negative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P