Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude dont call people made up insult names. piracy is not stealing as no one has physically lost anything, it is COPYING without permission. i do not condone.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude dont call people made up insult names. piracy is not stealing as no one has physically lost anything, it is COPYING without permission. i do not condone.
its stealing
copying, taking or reproducing something that you didn't buy is stealing

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
look at all the internet arguing.
I love when people waste their life away.
ah

I think we can all agree here folks, that piracy is indeed wrong.

Some people have to rely on it to play their favorite games, others can simply afford a gaming lifestyle and don't bother.

However way you slice it, if you have pirated at least once in your life, and you're at a point in your life where you can give something back, please support the developers you have once pirated material from. I know I did, and it feels good.

Don't use piracy if you don't need to. Your purchases are what makes the gaming industry work.

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think we can all agree here folks, that piracy is indeed wrong.

Some people have to rely on it to play their favorite games, others can simply afford a gaming lifestyle and don't bother.

However way you slice it, if you have pirated at least once in your life, and you're at a point in your life where you can give something back, please support the developers you have once pirated material from. I know I did, and it feels good.

Don't use piracy if you don't need to. Your purchases are what makes the gaming industry work.

What I'm really interested though, is game hacking, I mean I love Japanese games and English localization when it happens usually sucks or removes something and that really upsets me, what I am looking forward is for undub, translation and uncensor patches.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I've heard it's not even neccesarily about piracy or whatever. It's because of their attitude towards how their chips are installed. While the full conversation can be found in Nintendo Homebrew's #meta channel history (search for from:vb_encryption_vb#7046 and the message "FUCKING SLIM BALLS" for the full conversation), the gist of it is that if Xecuter's modchips break, they universally blame it on the soldering job if it wasn't done by team Xecuter, even if the soldering was done just fine (or in some cases even better than Xecuter's team themselves).

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What I'm really interested though, is game hacking, I mean I love Japanese games and English localization when it happens usually sucks or removes something and that really upsets me, what I am looking forward is for undub, translation and uncensor patches.

If you buy the games, then you could mod the entire engine to force a moustache on all the characters in the game, for all I care.

By buying it, you've already supported the devs.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I've heard it's not even neccesarily about piracy or whatever. It's because of their attitude towards how their chips are installed. While the full conversation can be found in Nintendo Homebrew's #meta channel history (search for from:vb_encryption_vb#7046 and the message "FUCKING SLIM BALLS" for the full conversation), the gist of it is that if Xecuter's modchips break, they universally blame it on the soldering job if it wasn't done by team Xecuter, even if the soldering was done just fine (or in some cases even better than Xecuter's team themselves).

TX has a shit PR, we know.
Their products are the mirror opposite of it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy the games, then you could mod the entire engine to force a moustache on all the characters in the game, for all I care.

By buying it, you've already supported the devs.
I wish is that EA would open frostbite to modding, their game engine are amazing, but modding communities do way better games than the whole EA studios together...

Some day I would even probably wish EA stop making games and do just the game engine and free to use with small royalties like UE4 Devs did.

They killed my awesome C&C game and NFS 4 me expired after NFS Underground 2, first most wanted was also cool, but far from U2.

Red Alert 2 4 ever. After C&C generals EA only made crap.

I also find BF1 booring and even more unrealistic than BF4.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy never has affected the fate of a console, it isn't right but at the same time it isn't affecting much. Did you know Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the most pirated game for the Wii? 1.28 million pirated downloads. And yet the Wii was one of the most popular consoles of all time. Most consumers don't know how to modify consoles or how to put in modchips. Even if you're gonna yell about piracy, it won't help. Piracy has always been a thing and it will never change. You guys need to calm down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone