• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why is Russia so bad-ass?

PixlCrushr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe that I'm the only one who thinks this. Their language, and the way they speak, their culture, their general attitude towards everything just seems so... cool. especially all their disused cold-war machines of death/crazy innovation.
Don't get me wrong, I know the atrocities committed during the soviet union, but still, come on.

Pixl.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds more like a blog, to be honest.

I guess if you think Russia is so "bad-ass", as you put it, you should learn more about their culture, maybe take up learning the language. I personally think it's a pretty cool language myself.

Meh, they're pretty rad I guess.
Assuming this was a pun on radiation, I laughed pretty good.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's because us Americans spanked them in the Cold War.

GO USA FUCK YEAH.
Was there really any spanking involved? I thought it was just a case of back-and-forth "my American penis is bigger than yours!" "oh yeah, well, MY Soviet penis is bigger!" but there was no actual Lombardi slap from either side. Hence "cold" war.

Reactions: 1 person

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't really care for Russia, I just see at a poor frozen hell where no one really wants to live. The language doesn't look that great either. But if your Russian, didn't mean to offend you. It's just that a great part of Russia is in some form of poverty.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist, we really just outspent them. Nothing more, and it really got us nowhere. Just a way to supposedly destroy the Earth over 200 times. Not very useful, I'd imagine.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that I'm the only one who thinks this. Their language, and the way they speak, their culture, their general attitude towards everything just seems so... cool. especially all their disused cold-war machines of death/crazy innovation.
Don't get me wrong, I know the atrocities committed during the soviet union, but still, come on.

Pixl.

No because you met the wrong people or you heard the rumors about them.. That's not true. My friend came from Eastern Europe and he is very friendly and good person to hang out with. We befriend for almost 2 years without a problem. Dont give the wrong idea about them. You are just meeting the wrong people at the wrong time. I loved the Western and Eastern Europeans. Since I was from Western Europe. They are awesome people if you knew where to meet the right people. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one