• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why is weed or cannabis considered a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
like its a herb, that you grow.

like you know, how people call it the entry way drug.

Its been stereo-typed, at one point people said it makes white women fall in love with african Americans.

or like SHOULD it be considered a drug?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Because it contains chemicals that alters the way the brain functions.
Perturbators are drugs, and despite people agreeing or not, it is classified that way.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cause it has a mind altering substance in it.

Also, white women fall in love with african americans due to cannabis is bullshit.
Female friend of mine is an avarage cannabis user and she has no attraction towards black males, nor black females.

Reactions: Kioku and DeoNaught

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah, thats why I said stereo-typed

Another thing to point out, it's "gateway drug".
But that's also nonsense.

Basically, the fact that it's illegal makes most people vulnerable to other drugs like H, crystal, molly and more.
They get it from street dealers who usually carry more then just cannabis.

If you look at places where cannabis usage is legal, there's a lot less usage of harddrugs.
Obviously, the usage will remain cause different groups use different things.
But that's usually subculture related.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
OP
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even sugar can be considered a drug, because we get addicted to it physically and psychologically. a lot of things can be considered drugs.
yeah, but why is Weed in particular,
Many things can be considered drugs, I know this one woman who a problem with sugar consumption.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing to point out, it's "gateway drug".
But that's also nonsense.

Basically, the fact that it's illegal makes most people vulnerable to other drugs like H, crystal, molly and more.
They get it from street dealers who usually carry more then just cannabis.

If you look at places where cannabis usage is legal, there's a lot less usage of harddrugs.
Obviously, the usage will remain cause different groups use different things.
But that's usually subculture related.
Its also arguably less damaging the cigs.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Its also arguably less damaging the cigs.

If you vaporize it yes.
But you're still inhaling smoke which isn't good for you.

Then again, even breathing the outside air is harmful for you as there's exhaust gasses and radiation in the air.
Everything is bad for you when you look at it properly.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you vaporize it yes.
But you're still inhaling smoke which isn't good for you.

Then again, even breathing the outside air is harmful for you as there's exhaust gasses and radiation in the air.
Everything is bad for you when you look at it properly.
^ antioxidants ftw.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The street weed here in the U.K wreaks of shit meaning you can smell that crap from across the street. Also the smell sticks to whoever is taking the drug.

Is it the same in America and other places?

Reactions: proflayton123

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The street weed here in the U.K wreaks of shit meaning you can smell that crap from across the street. Also the smell sticks to whoever is taking the drug.

Hence one should smoke hashish.
Doesn't smell unless you have a trained nose and you're standing right next to it and isn't shit quality, often higher THC quantities then weed.

But hey, remember kids! drugs are bad.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What you might be describing is skunk which does stink, though I too have seen, or smelled as the case may be, the cheap and nasty stuff too and would have to agree compared to the nice sweet and somewhat pleasant smells you got in Amsterdam it was ghastly. But yes the cheap and nasty exists over there too, they tend to call it ditch weed in the places I have been there. Fortunately soap bar (even cheaper and nastier than cheap and nasty, usually hash bound together with whatever chemical happened to be lying around and would not kill you immediately) seems to have all but vanished.

As for the question of the OP as others mentioned it alters the mind in a clinical an replicable way. I would agree that if you are banning things on the basis of harm done it is logically dissonant to maintain a ban on cannabis though. That said any pretence of logic with drug laws vanished around the time the anti legal highs legislation was being passed.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
But hey, remember kids! drugs are bad.

LOL i dont smoke and that is my line!

I am one of those with a overly sensitive nose meaning i can smell that crap from a mile away. Trust me i grew up in a druggie hood so that smell wont leave me for a while. (its already been 7 years since i moved out of that hood and i still cant stop myself from sensing the smell of weed.)

Reactions: TobiasAmaranth

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
like its a herb, that you grow.

"A drug is any substance (other than food that provides nutritional support) that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body"

It's not a pejorative term, herbs don't cause a physiological change.

It's considered a drug, because it's a drug. I guess what you mean is why it is a controlled drug or an illegal drug (depending on where you live).

Cannabis is legally grown to produce hemp, however their license wouldn't cover using it as a drug.

yeah, it doesnt have the stuff that the cigs have, nicotine, arsenic, Cyanide, and many more.

That is an argument for banning cigarettes, not for legalising weed.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: vpd and VinsCool

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
What you might be describing is skunk which does stink, though I too have seen, or smelled as the case may be, the cheap and nasty stuff too and would have to agree compared to the nice sweet and somewhat pleasant smells you got in Amsterdam it was ghastly. But yes the cheap and nasty exists over there too, they tend to call it ditch weed in the places I have been there. Fortunately soap bar (even cheaper and nastier than cheap and nasty, usually hash bound together with whatever chemical happened to be lying around and would not kill you immediately) seems to have all but vanished.

As for the question of the OP as others mentioned it alters the mind in a clinical an replicable way. I would agree that if you are banning things on the basis of harm done it is logically dissonant to maintain a ban on cannabis though. That said any pretence of logic with drug laws vanished around the time the anti legal highs legislation was being passed.

I have heard of skunk before, but i have never smelled it. I am sure what i smelled was weed since the dealer was infamous in our hood for being the #1 weed guy.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LOL i dont smoke and that is my line!

I am one of those with a overly sensitive nose meaning i can smell that crap from a mile away. Trust me i grew up in a druggie hood so that smell wont leave me for a while. (its already been 7 years since i moved out of that hood and i still cant stop myself from sensing the smell of weed.)

I've done dope meself so I can smell it as well ;p
Was at one time even so bad that I could recognize which strain it was just by smell.

Then again, the smell of heroin is worse.
Not that that smells any better then Mary ;p

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have heard of skunk before, but i have never smelled it. I am sure what i smelled was weed since the dealer was infamous in our hood for being the #1 weed guy.
I've got skunks in my area. Weed and skunk smell totally different. In fact, weed smells infinitely better, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.