• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why is weed or cannabis considered a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
LSD, shrooms and everything in between can have some real nasty trips if you're not smart about it. Gotta keep in the up.

I wouldn't take blotters if I where anything but happy yeh.
Also, quantity of intake has a lot to do with having a bad trip or not.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Drinking potatoes is fun and all.. But I'm an American! We eat fries!

Eat fries, fry butter, drink frying oil.
I'll atleast keep it healthy ;o;

Vodka can be made out of pretty much anything one can ferment really.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Synthesized drugs are harmful as it's made from pure chemicals.
Nature grown drugs like cannabis, shrooms and opium aren't healthy for you either but are a lot better then MDMA, meth and coke etc.

What? You would rate opium as a better choice than MDMA? That is a claim you are going to want to justify.

Going further there is no foundation for calling artificially created substances more harmful than naturally derived ones.

That is an argument for banning cigarettes, not for legalising weed.

I never quite got that line of logic.

Scene as it were
So we live in a free country after a fashion.
"We are going to either ban or maintain historical bans because the harm done by said substances, or at least the risk of harm, is so very high"
Fair enough, might question the efficacy of that but it seems to play under the law so go it for now
"As everything is dangerous under the right conditions, or wrong conditions as the case may be, these are substances we deem suitably harm free to allow for consumption, possibly restricted by age, activities you can do under the influence of them or something. These are the metrics we have used to quantify harm"
Excellent
[someone does some science]
Going by those metrics these restricted substances are demonstrably less harmful than the ones you allow. The remedy for this as we all kind of agreed we like consistency and logic to underpin laws far more than "magic book governed by elites says so" or "boss man's gut feeling" is to either further restrict things or to remove those restrictions.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use common sense in what you purchase then you wouldn't get that shit.
You're exaggerating it.
exaggerating the pain of potter's rot? no. however, Silicosis isn't something that develops overnight, its an occupational disease, so I will accept that I has exaggerating that particular brand's ability to give it to you.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
somedays i like to drink coffee, and for real, brazil is the biggest coffee exporter but still, the coffee here is even better XD
people say they drink strong coffee and this is kinda bad, but i would like to see them drinking our coffee, its much more stronger even being the SAME as the other countries.
so, the taste can change something?
Hehe I would be more than happy to try local Brazilian roasts :)

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
LSD gives you beautiful dreams and drone keeps your mind paranoid ;p

There's a hell of a lot more traffic accidents regarding alcohol then there are regarding marijuana, same goes for violence

So technically, you should legalize marijuana and make alcohol an illegal substance.

It partially depends on the person as well.
If I drink large quanitites of alcohol, I start talking a lot and become affectionate.
However a friend of me mate gets extremely violent.
But that's besides the point.

I know that. None of it should be illegal, just look at the US during prohibition, people shot dead over liquor. It just gives power to criminals to have it illegal. Goes for all drugs.

The people who wrote those laws to make drugs illegal are dead, and everyone should be allowed to ingest whatever substance they chose into their own body, it is not the property of the government. I'm pretty sure it will become this way, maybe not during our lifetime, but someday. First up is cannabis legal all over the world. Someday.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
exaggerating the pain of potter's rot? no. however, Silicosis isn't something that develops overnight, its an occupational disease, so I will accept that I has exaggerating that particular brand's ability to give it to you.

You do know that you can contract that by working in construction as well right?

It very rarely happens that cultivators lace their products with such harmful things and anyone with common sense knows that dealers won't sell purposely bad rubbish as they want to keep their customer base.

Reactions: DeoNaught

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know that. None of it should be illegal, just look at the US during prohibition, people shot dead over liquor. It just gives power to criminals to have it illegal. Goes for all drugs.

The people who wrote those laws to make drugs illegal are dead, and everyone should be allowed to ingest whatever substance they chose into their own body, it is not the property of the government. I'm pretty sure it will become this way, maybe not during our lifetime, but someday. First up is cannabis legal all over the world. Someday.

There will always be substances that are controlled.
You can't avoid it.

Governments also earns money on controlling those substances.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that you can contract that by working in construction as well right?

It very rarely happens that cultivators lace their products with such harmful things and anyone with common sense knows that dealers won't sell purposely bad rubbish as they want to keep their customer base.
yes. all I said was it was occupational, and potter's rot is just the only nickname i was familiar with. miners, potters, construction workers, and a few other occupations can all put people at risk.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes. all I said was it was occupational, and potter's rot is just the only nickname i was familiar with. miners, potters, construction workers, and a few other occupations can all put people at risk.

So you taking it out on Marijuana is just fearmongering and completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.