• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why is weed or cannabis considered a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OH FUNFACT
i said EVERYTHING in excess can be bad or kill you right?
a fun thing, you might not believe, but my mom smoke cigarretes for more than 30 years and her lungs are more healthy than someone who don't smoke

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OH FUNFACT
i said EVERYTHING in excess can be bad or kill you right?
a fun thing, you might not believe, but my mom smoke cigarretes for more than 30 years and her lungs are more healthy than someone who don't smoke

I know people who reached the age of 95 and have lit their first fag at the age of 10.

It all depends on how frequently you smoke and well, how healthy the rest of your body is.
Smoking may cause cancer, smoking may kill, smoking may cause other side effects.

Fearmongering is what fuels the public opinion on substances.

Reactions: VinsCool

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you taking it out on Marijuana is just fearmongering and completely irrelevant.
what? no I'm pro weed, I was just making people aware that the glass stuff was a bad idea. like you said, any one with common sense would avoid it, but lets face it. some people don't have common sense. not trying to fear monger or anything. sorry for the confusion.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what? no I'm pro weed, I was just making people aware that the glass stuff was a bad idea. like you said, any one with common sense would avoid it, but lets face it. some people don't have common sense. not trying to fear monger or anything. sorry for the confusion.

Then why say contradicting things?
I dun get it.

But eh, you are right about that.
I've said it in another thread but I'll say it again.
You can make something foolproof but someone will just make a better fool.

That reminds me that Nigerian email scams are purposely written in terrible writing so that only the most gullible people fall for it.

I know it has nothing to do with the subject at hand but it is related to the stupidity of humans.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like any kind of drug that isn't legal or controller, mostly because of what I've seen it do to my sister the past twenty years :( You really don't want my opinion.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know people who reached the age of 95 and have lit their first fag at the age of 10.

It all depends on how frequently you smoke and well, how healthy the rest of your body is.
Smoking may cause cancer, smoking may kill, smoking may cause other side effects.

Fearmongering is what fuels the public opinion on substances.
i'm sorry idk what is "fag" (just faggot XD )
is this some drug or idk?
also my mom in all those years she always did exercices, so she worked with her lungs a lot, the doctor said that, she can breath more air than a normal person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i'm sorry idk what is "fag" (just faggot XD )
is this some drug or idk?
also my mom in all those years she always did exercices, so she worked with her lungs a lot, the doctor said that, she can breath more air than a normal person

google said:
fag3
faɡ/
noun
BRITISHinformal
noun: fag; plural noun: fags
  1. a cigarette.
    "she's got a fag in her mouth, and she's squinting her eyes against the smoke"

It means cigarette.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oooooooooooooohhh
also 10 years old is too early for cigarretes, i mean you do whatever you want, but its still bad, and since you're growing it can fuck even more with your body in the future

Things where a lot different back in the '20's.
Don't forget that people used to irradiate water in the 40's cause they thought it was good for you.
Back in the late 1800's people even made Xrays of your feet to see if shoes fit you properly.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooooooooooooohhh
also 10 years old is too early for cigarretes, i mean you do whatever you want, but its still bad, and since you're growing it can fuck even more with your body in the future
times have changed. yea, its young now, but it wasn't that big of a deal 70~ years ago.

Reactions: DinohScene

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget that people used to irradiate water in the 40's cause they thought it was good for you.
Back in the late 1800's people even made Xrays of your feet to see if shoes fit you properly.
to be honest i'd like my feet xray'd but i also spend a couple hours in a shoe store cause a flat foot, high inseam, and wide foot is seldom what shoes are made for

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
to be honest i'd like my feet xray'd but i also spend a couple hours in a shoe store cause a flat foot, high inseam, and wide foot is seldom what shoes are made for

Once isn't a problem.
But how people in the 40's did it (not 1800's, excuse me on that) was beyond the "safe" dosage.
Not to mention they where more of a marketing tool then actual help.

But if you got issues with footwear, you could try Nike shoes.
Me brother has flat feet, horrible flat feet and according to him it works.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once isn't a problem.
But how people in the 40's did it (not 1800's, excuse me on that) was beyond the "safe" dosage.
Not to mention they where more of a marketing tool then actual help.

But if you got issues with footwear, you could try Nike shoes.
Me brother has flat feet, horrible flat feet and according to him it works.
nike, dr. scholls, and under armor was it? those are the three that seem to fit me well but my city still isn't keen on having wide fits in stock so i still end up shopping around and buy shoes that are too big sometimes just cause.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

And they use to think draining blood will heal you, and yet George Washington died. 0.63 gallons was drained from him, speeding his death.

What next? Cutting off Dick Skin can cure diseases?
Well actually they use to think cutting of Dick Skin (circumcision) cured many diseases.
And here we are years later still chopping dick skin.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A drug is by its definition: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

That's what cannabis does. That's what nicotine does, it what caffeine does, its what alcohol does, etc. etc. The issue is that the term 'drug' has much too often had negative connotations immediately associated with it. But just because something is by definition a drug, that doesn't automatically make it a bad thing or something that should be avoided by all means or anything like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And they use to think draining blood will heal you, and yet George Washington died. 0.63 gallons was drained from him, speeding his death.

Well actually they use to think cutting of Dick Skin (circumcision) cured many diseases.

I'll take having a circumcised penis over having to deal with smegma your whole life. Plus many females are turned off by having to do things orally with an uncircumcised penis. So I do get why we still practice that even if it has nothing to do with curing diseases in this modern age.

Reactions: DeoNaught

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nike, dr. scholls, and under armor was it? those are the three that seem to fit me well but my city still isn't keen on having wide fits in stock so i still end up shopping around and buy shoes that are too big sometimes just cause.

Fair enough.
I always get skate shoes cause I can't walk on Converse.

Actually, circumcision does help prevent STDs more then having dick skin.
A uncircumcised man is more likely to contract HIV as the foreskin can develop micro cuts through which the HIV virus can pass into the bloodstream.
Still, the chance is only a bit higher then in circumcised males but it's still an increase in risk.

Nowadays it's mostly done due to religious reasons (fucking stupid and they should ban religion all together, but that's another topic) or to remove it due to health concerns.
Phimosis etc.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The question has already been answered that weed is a drug. So no need to continue that topic anymore. Like people said, Weed is a drug because it alters your brain. Anything that alters your brain is considered a drug. Medicines you get from clinics are drugs. Some drugs are considered good, some bad.
Fair enough.
I always get skate shoes cause I can't walk on Converse.

Actually, circumcision does help prevent STDs more then having dick skin.
A uncircumcised man is more likely to contract HIV as the foreskin can develop micro cuts through which the HIV virus can pass into the bloodstream.
Still, the chance is only a bit higher then in circumcised males but it's still an increase in risk.

Nowadays it's mostly done due to religious reasons (fucking stupid and they should ban religion all together, but that's another topic) or to remove it due to health concerns.
Phimosis etc.
Key word I used is CURE not prevent. They formed a theory called the Reflex Neurosis Theory of Disease. Basically they believed all diseases came from human sexuality, erotic sensations and sex organs. Any use of sexuality without procreation was considered bad.

This is why historically homosexuality was considered bad as well as masturbation. Its basically free sex without the responsibility of a life time of taking care of a kid, before condoms and birth controls were invented. Just one act of sex was a life time of responsibility. Homosexuality was all the fun without the responsibility, and as well of fearing the species would die off with homosexual relationships. It was then written into religious books after, since religious laws were based on the mindset of those times. Religion and community were intertwined

Many middle eastern countries use their religion for Female genital mutilation to suppress women sexuality. The same was for western countries with circumcision to suppress male sexuality, to try to stop males from masturbating.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't see cannabis as a drug, you are obviously delusional lol.
With every substance (even food), don't blame the drug, but your own behavior. Weed is highly addictive when using with wrong reasons. Same with other drugs.
Here in the Netherlands, I surely have experienced weed as a gateway drug, but also with other drugs, its often not the drug itself that's bad or to be feared. Even though gateway drug is negative, It made the psychological and physical changes much easier to accept and comprehend.

Btw, the alcohol studies these days seem to contradict the believe that its good for you. Can't find a good source for now, but you might want to look into it.
http://www.popsci.com/moderate-drinking-bad

Last edited by Loke,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.