• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why you shouldn't visit CNN if you want recent, unbiased news

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You clearly have no idea of what a joke is.
I came into this thread expecting a serious a thread.
Thus far you've only shown conspiracy, your lack of understanding of what a liberal bias is, and very little evidence to back up your claims. You're only attacking CNN because it's not showing the same articles with the same amount of attention as the other News sites, that's not really grounds for saying they have a "liberal bias."

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came into this thread expecting a serious a thread.
Thus far you've only shown conspiracy, your lack of understanding of what a liberal bias is, and very little evidence to back up your claims. You're only attacking CNN because it's not showing the same articles with the same amount of attention as the other News sites, that's not really grounds for saying they have a "liberal bias."

The OP was completely serious. Read that and base your responses off it.

I've shown very clearly CNN is intentionally not reporting on this scandal, which is nationwide breaking news that every other major news outlet picked up. At least one other person in this thread wasn't able to find any sort of link to the story on CNN without heavy searching. Unacceptable. The only mention of the story at all is a single word a few pixels big amongst ten or so others, and those amongst dozens of other links to various things which are much more prominently displayed.

Another person in this thread has posted links to other pieces of evidence of a CNN liberal bias. That is the whole point of this thread. Refute it if you can.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The OP was completely serious. Read that and base your responses off it.

I've shown very clearly CNN is intentionally not reporting on this scandal, which is nationwide breaking news that every other major news outlet picked up. At least one other person in this thread wasn't able to find any sort of link to the story on CNN without heavy searching. Unacceptable. The only mention of the story at all is a single word a few pixels big amongst ten or so others, and those amongst dozens of other links to various things which are much more prominently displayed.

Another person in this thread has posted links to other pieces of evidence of a CNN liberal bias. That is the whole point of this thread. Refute it if you can.
I read it.
One, they are talking about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/politics/camp-irs-hearing/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews
They didn't see it as big a deal as other news, which doesn't justify anything, but they are talking it.
Totalnoob is a nut job and shouldn't be taken seriously, ever.

You keep throwing around liberal bias like you know what it means.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read it.
One, they are talking about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/17/politics/camp-irs-hearing/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews
They didn't see it as big a deal as other news, which doesn't justify anything, but they are talking it.
Totalnoob is a nut job and shouldn't be taken seriously, ever.

You keep throwing around liberal bias like you know what it means.

There isn't a prominent link on their site, you cannot find it without manual searching. No one's going to notice it unless they specifically look for it.

One part of a liberal bias would be the reluctance to promote stories that portray liberals in a bad light/make conservatives look like victims, which is what CNN is doing in this case.

Look somewhere besides reality if you want unbiased news. There is no such thing.

I agree, but CNN is particularly bad.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There isn't a prominent link on their site, you cannot find it without manual searching. No one's going to notice it unless they specifically look for it.

One part of a liberal bias would be the reluctance to promote stories that portray liberals in a bad light/make conservatives look like victims, which is what CNN is doing in this case.
I see it on CNN, about 3 times actually. If anything their site does lack all the pictures of the other sites, but it's clearly there, three times too.
Hell it's right there on CNN politics if you miss the pictures
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

I see no where in there are they making a conservatives look bad though, if anything it's your bias that is making it look that way.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I'll say this. You shouldn't visit CNN. Not because of some perceived bias (I've seen a fair share of liberals claim that CNN is unfairly biased towards conservatives, so hey), but because they are a really shoddy news agency. When they aren't filling in airtime with inane bullshit or bungling the news with their incompetence, they're the news equivalent of ambulance-chasers shamelessly after every last attention-grabbing headline.

They might not get the news right, but they'll interview the shit out of those traumatized shooting survivors as they file out of the school.

TL;DR: Don't avoid CNN because it's liberal shit or conservative shit. Avoid CNN because it's just plain shit and you can do better elsewhere.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all fools! Its clear that Joe Biden and Al Gore (Vice president dream team!) set up the train collision so that Stalin could harvest the last of the 5000 souls he needs to revive the old god Jarluu so that he may begin a new age in which The Illuminati will fly on gyro-copters firing crossbows at all who are not doing handstands while singing the Canadian anthem.

This is the dystopian future I have foretold! Run to you anti-Illuminati bubbles and havest as many turnips as you can! THE TURNIPS A PLEASE JARLUU!!!

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CNN's has been reporting on this through out the day . CNN's problems are as follows , they prefer to get the story out fist facts be damned. They also like to change the headline to the same story , just to get click throughs I suppose , nothing relevant is ever added.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized something, CNN never posted the article on the homepage. The only link (the tiny word IRS) is there because that list of 10 or so words are current trends, meaning the highest searched buzzwords show up there. So it only appeared there because it was being searched heavily on the site and other places (#2 search key), not because an editor placed it there.

On a side note, Benghazi is the 3rd most searched term, and that is the only place on the homepage where it appears (even though that is another ongoing national story), another scandal that hurts liberal agenda CNN is refusing to promote.

Let's think for a moment, if both of these are heavily searched terms (Not just on CNN, on the internet as well), therefore many people are interested in the topics, why would CNN make it so difficult to find on their site? If it's what people want to read, why wouldn't they put it on the home page? Because they don't want people to read it. They don't want people to know about the completely illegal actions committed against only conservative groups, or about the four Americans who were killed which the Obama Administration blatantly lied about. They are not interested in broadcasting unbiased news, only that which fits in with their liberal agenda.

That is conclusive evidence, and I can't see how anybody can possibly deny it.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, here's a video exposing CNN's blatant lies about a Norway shooting in late 2011:

Summary of the video: CNN blames conservative writers for the actions of Anders Breivik (the shooter), when Anders himself claimed the mainstream media (ironically) was one of his main influences for the attack. Please watch it for yourself.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Summary of the video: CNN blames conservative writers for the actions of Anders Breivik (the shooter), when Anders himself claimed the mainstream media (ironically) was one of his main influences for the attack.

Whether CNN was right, wrong, misinformed or otherwise I will leave to others to debate but in that case I am not so sure the gunman himself as that useful a source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning