Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have 30 some stars in maybe 5 hours, and thats taking my time. I am asuming some of th 120 will be challangeing like in m64. The game has great replayability. I have played several of the levels over and over again to show my friends.

Umberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have finished this game in 25 hours with 120 stars. Now i'm replaying the all game with that "thing" that you unlock when you finish the game with 120 stars. Some stars are very difficult to get, in a star i have lost about 50 lifes

josh1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys iv got a wikey pal 3.1e firmware wii updated the wikey with 1.9g update burned mario 4 times using different speeds and different programs with the region free wii doesnt read the game burned mario with region free and brickblocker the wii reads the game but wen i click start the 01 error comes up any ideas pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just finished paper mario so i need this game to work

profxavier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mh, guys, plz - some1 help me
frown.gif

i got a PAL wii with firmware 3.1E. now i updated my wiikey with 1.9g - fine so far.
then i put in the config disc to enable region override - fine, too.
then i started the config disc AGAIN to see if everything went ok, BUT - the region override option is OFF again ?! wtf?!

i tried the 10-15% update thingy with SMG, then. this works so far. but when i put in my bblocked-regionfriid copy in, the wii says, that it doesn't recognize the disc. "unable to read the disc - check instruction manual"

so..?! what can i do now?
frown.gif

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can answer 1 of your questions. On the config disc, it LOOKS like the Region Override is off. But in fact it's still on from the last time you put it one. It just shows off
wink.gif

josh1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok got mine sorted i done the 1.9b update but i wasnt putting the 1.9g update in properly when it says press a i had to press y on my gc pad then it asked me to press a to update so then i pressed a on the pad update went fine message came up about rebooting mario so i switched my wii of tried the burned mario with just region free nothing tryed the burned mario with region free and brickblocker and all is good been playing for a while now switched my wii of and back on just to make sure mario loads up and it does by the way i wasnt asked to do the mario update it just went straight to the game...i have a pal wii with 3.1e and now 1.9g....

Raze1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok got mine sorted i done the 1.9b update but i wasnt putting the 1.9g update in properly when it says press a i had to press y on my gc pad then it asked me to press a to update so then i pressed a on the pad update went fine message came up about rebooting mario so i switched my wii of tried the burned mario with just region free nothing tryed the burned mario with region free and brickblocker and all is good been playing for a while now switched my wii of and back on just to make sure mario loads up and it does by the way i wasnt asked to do the mario update it just went straight to the game...i have a pal wii with 3.1e and now 1.9g....

Wow, my brain is fucked after reading your post ^^ Punctuation ftw!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is there no demo mode in Super Mario Galaxy? All it does is sit at the title screen and pan around the view of the comet and the planet horizon. Perhaps it will be added in the retail version, or is everyone else convinced the store demo version is indeed the retail version?

josh1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey raze for someone using your language punctuation is probably not your strong point either..forgot when i sighned up i needed an a level in punctuality foollllllll

Freakof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wiican chip, I know probably most of you didn't even know it existed, but I have one. And I have a ntsc 3.0u Wii.
And the game makes the same error as everybody else. The thing is there is no update for the chip like wiikey or something.
Anyone knows if there's a patch that goes on the SMG disc itself to disable the protection?

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

goddammit, why is it so difficult for people to put punctuations in their posts???

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wiican chip, I know probably most of you didn't even know it existed, but I have one. And I have a ntsc 3.0u Wii.
And the game makes the same error as everybody else. The thing is there is no update for the chip like wiikey or something.
Anyone knows if there's a patch that goes on the SMG disc itself to disable the protection?

Which do you have? The GW-201 or the GW-302? Perhaps you can use the technical support email at http://omo-1.com/index.htm ? Can't hurt to try.

The answer to your question is that there is no known way of patching Wii discs yet.

Freakof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which do you have? The GW-201 or the GW-302? Perhaps you can use the technical support email at http://omo-1.com/index.htm ? Can't hurt to try.

The answer to your question is that there is no known way of patching Wii discs yet.
Thanks, I'll try sending them a message. And how do I know which version I have? I didn't install it... But from what I know it can't be firmware updated.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, Im about to kill myself...

Here's the story: I download SMG from Usenet, I extract it and get alot of CRC errors, so I download the files that got the CRC error again and check if everything is OK. It is btw
tongue.gif
So I extract the ISO and burn it at 4x speed from Nero.

I go down and update my Wiikey to 1.9g, then I use the Metroid 3 trick to avoid duplicate channels with Mario. Everything works fine, no duplicate channels and Mario boots perfectly. So im all happy and I start the game. YAY mario galaxy, YAY the story about the star festival, YAY i can play as mario but then...I get to the scene where these flying ships come and blows up stuff and suddenly, the game freeze... I think: "OK, its probably just a bad burn" so I go up and burn a new copy (Its brickblocked btw) and put it in, everything seems to work fine but no..It freeze at the same place... So then I set the burn speed down to 2x and I try burning with IMGburn! It boots, everything is fine but no..Now it freeze 3 sec before it did when I burned with nero...PLZ HELP!!! IM DESPERATE HERE!!!

I think the problem is either the Wiikey update, the metroid trick, or the ISO file.

PLZ HELP!!!
cry.gif
cry.gif

megadown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me how to burn the wiikey update from linux!!!!! Iv tried running filechop under wine, but I've burned like 20 coasters so far
frown.gif

I used K3b to burn the Wiikey update and it worked fine. I use this app for all me GC and Wii backups and haven't had a bad burn yet. Just ignore any errors about it not being a proper dvd and should work fine.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Id love to know if there are any mp3 rips or a soundtrack coming out for this, the music is amazing, i keep humming them when im not playing!

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Im about to kill myself...

Here's the story: I download SMG from Usenet, I extract it and get alot of CRC errors, so I download the files that got the CRC error again and check if everything is OK. It is btw
tongue.gif
So I extract the ISO and burn it at 4x speed from Nero.

I go down and update my Wiikey to 1.9g, then I use the Metroid 3 trick to avoid duplicate channels with Mario. Everything works fine, no duplicate channels and Mario boots perfectly. So im all happy and I start the game. YAY mario galaxy, YAY the story about the star festival, YAY i can play as mario but then...I get to the scene where these flying ships come and blows up stuff and suddenly, the game freeze... I think: "OK, its probably just a bad burn" so I go up and burn a new copy (Its brickblocked btw) and put it in, everything seems to work fine but no..It freeze at the same place... So then I set the burn speed down to 2x and I try burning with IMGburn! It boots, everything is fine but no..Now it freeze 3 sec before it did when I burned with nero...PLZ HELP!!! IM DESPERATE HERE!!!

I think the problem is either the Wiikey update, the metroid trick, or the ISO file.

PLZ HELP!!!
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

I'm guessing a bad ISO. I couldn't see a modchip causing a problem like this. Do you have any problems with any of your other back ups? I saw a new SMG up on Usenet today, so you may want to try downloading it again, or grabbing the par files for your existing release and check just to make sure they're all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup