Country
United States
now this is frickin' crazy:

my system:

pal wii
firmware 3.1e
wiikey with firmware 1.9g

NONE of those newer games seem to work.

i tried super mario galaxy: burned with regionfrii --> game says it wants to update - i let him do this and disconnect power at ~15%. then i put in the brickblocked one - and it doesn't recognize the disc.

some procedure with guitar hero 3 - does EXACTLY the same. it simply doesn't recognize the discs
frown.gif
(

buhuhuhuhuh... what might i do wrong? i have NO idea left
frown.gif
PLZ!!! help me
frown.gif
((

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.9g is pretty buggy and inconsistent. It's a quick fix to get SMG to work, but it introduced a whole ton of bugs. Much of it is likely related to your media because apparently the media compatibility for WiiKey was basically broken. I use Tayo Yudens and have had no issue with the dumped 1.9g firmware I programmed to a chip myself (so it's the same thing you have going on).

profxavier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mh i don't think the media is responsible for that. beuase the wi reads the disc which is regiofrii'd ONLY - but it doesn't read the disc which is regionfrii'd AND brickblocked.. so i guess it must be something else.

i USED to work though.. because i once made it with metroid prime.. and metroid prime regionfrii'd AND brickblocked STILL works.

so i simply don't know that to do now
frown.gif
i'm kinda stuck...

thebugsdontbothe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it by design that you lose all your lives after you save your game and you come back to it later? I just lost my 50+ lives which is a real bummer since it took me a while to build all that up. Sure there are a few 1-UPs in the observatory but that's besides the point.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it by design that you lose all your lives after you save your game and you come back to it later? I just lost my 50+ lives which is a real bummer since it took me a while to build all that up. Sure there are a few 1-UPs in the observatory but that's besides the point.

Yeah I think it's by design. I haven't played the game yet though, but in Mario 64 if you collected x amount of lives, then loaded the game up a second time you lose the lives you collected and start with the default number

thebugsdontbothe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it by design that you lose all your lives after you save your game and you come back to it later? I just lost my 50+ lives which is a real bummer since it took me a while to build all that up. Sure there are a few 1-UPs in the observatory but that's besides the point.

Yeah I think it's by design. I haven't played the game yet though, but in Mario 64 if you collected x amount of lives, then loaded the game up a second time you lose the lives you collected and start with the default number

The reason I ask is because New Super Mario Bros didn't do that.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My other games all work fine still after the 1.9g update. But I never do any patching to my ISOs, just burn them and away I go.

Have noticed you reset to 5 lives when loading a profile, but meh, extra lives come pretty easily.

I've gotten 75 stars now and have completed the end sequence once now.

Fantastic game...

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
guys, I need to make screen caps of luigi being played in the game, but I couldn't find a complete save :/

there's only a half-complete one on wiisave, just like mine. anyone could help? maybe post their own save file?

klajess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
^^wiirelease-0388^^

This release currently only works on the Wiikey with update 1.9g, D2CKEY and Cyclowiz (AFTER firmware update) modchips. NO OTHER modchips support the game yet. Please read the full thread before asking questions!
Note: Super_Mario_Galaxy_USA_Proper_ReadNFO_Wii-PROMiNENT is not real
rofl2.gif
hello i have it myself played i tell you how see here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTlV1U7FBmU

klajess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
^^wiirelease-0388^^

This release currently only works on the Wiikey with update 1.9g, D2CKEY and Cyclowiz (AFTER firmware update) modchips. NO OTHER modchips support the game yet. Please read the full thread before asking questions!
Note: Super_Mario_Galaxy_USA_Proper_ReadNFO_Wii-PROMiNENT is not real
rofl2.gif
hello i have it myself played i tell you how see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTlV1U7FBmU
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEY4UMsmKNA

i play bymyself

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, Im about to kill myself...

Here's the story: I download SMG from Usenet, I extract it and get alot of CRC errors, so I download the files that got the CRC error again and check if everything is OK. It is btw
tongue.gif
So I extract the ISO and burn it at 4x speed from Nero.

I go down and update my Wiikey to 1.9g, then I use the Metroid 3 trick to avoid duplicate channels with Mario. Everything works fine, no duplicate channels and Mario boots perfectly. So im all happy and I start the game. YAY mario galaxy, YAY the story about the star festival, YAY i can play as mario but then...I get to the scene where these flying ships come and blows up stuff and suddenly, the game freeze... I think: "OK, its probably just a bad burn" so I go up and burn a new copy (Its brickblocked btw) and put it in, everything seems to work fine but no..It freeze at the same place... So then I set the burn speed down to 2x and I try burning with IMGburn! It boots, everything is fine but no..Now it freeze 3 sec before it did when I burned with nero...PLZ HELP!!! IM DESPERATE HERE!!!

I think the problem is either the Wiikey update, the metroid trick, or the ISO file.

PLZ HELP!!!
cry.gif
Â
cry.gif

next time, use the PAR2 files to repair the archives using QuickPar

emoo55

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ok guys help me out. When I first got the game I played it worked fine but then the next day I wanna play it. So it just goes the the wii strap page and says error cant read disc ? whats wrong? I played it good the first time!? but not it just give me error cant read disic Any thing on this? Can you help me?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you should burn it again on a better media and at a lower speed ?

By the way, I'm really enjoying this game !
It has been ages since I had this much fun playing a videogame, I don't know about you, but when I loose a life I just get back and try to do better,this game is totally addictive, just like the old school Mario games, you always get back for one more try !
I even thought there was something wrong with me lately, since I didn't have enough motivation to play trough the average game, but this title proves indeed that it's the game's fault if I don't feel like playing it.
I already took 2 days off the work this week on order to play some more.....Hopefully it will be over soon
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.