Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 163,991
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AGH! ITS BEEN TOO LONG!
I still dont have it, and I'm so close. I'm trying to burn the file with imgburn/nero and im getting an error about power calibration. any help?

it could be ur blank dvd wasn't design to be burnt at low speed.
try higher speed when burning.
I went out and bought some more blank DL DVDs. $15 for a 15 pack. Im burning it now at 2.4x and nothing's come up yet
biggrin.gif

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
PAL user here, I first burned the the DVD5 with Verbatim DVD+R, I did the 15% trick and everything worked fine.
Then I tried the DVD9 version, I first burned with Traxdata DVD+R DL (Brickblocked ISO!) and I got alot of disc errors and stuff.
Then I tried on a 8x Verbatim DVD+R DL and burned at 2,4x speed in IMGburn, everything seemed to work fine, no updates (Since I did the 15% trick on the DVD5 version) but then I found a problem! Mario's DOWN B attack and Squirtles B attack made the game freeze! But I changed from 50hz mode to 60hz mode and now everything is fine!

Been playing for over 10 hours, finished SSE, have all characters, played alot of online matches and not a single error yet!

So works fine here!

Wii 3.1E with Wiikey 1.9g Beta here btw
wink.gif

BEST GAME ON THE WII YET!

10/10!

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL user here, I first burned the the DVD5 with Verbatim DVD+R, I did the 15% trick and everything worked fine.
Then I tried the DVD9 version, I first burned with Traxdata DVD+R DL (Brickblocked ISO!) and I got alot of disc errors and stuff.
Then I tried on a 8x Verbatim DVD+R DL and burned at 2,4x speed in IMGburn, everything seemed to work fine, no updates (Since I did the 15% trick on the DVD5 version) but then I found a problem! Mario's DOWN B attack and Squirtles B attack made the game freeze! But I changed from 50hz mode to 60hz mode and now everything is fine!

Been playing for over 10 hours, finished SSE, have all characters, played alot of online matches and not a single error yet!

So works fine here!

Wii 3.1E with Wiikey 1.9g Beta here btw
wink.gif

BEST GAME ON THE WII YET!

10/10!
QFMFW
But seriously it's a great game.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah shit. Im stuck with memorex. I can get some verbatim tomorrow, but how do I get these things to work?

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone have any errors like :
Clear Brawl (special Brawl, the other option besides metal on that line) making the game freeze
The game slowing down

I've burnt quite a few DVDs, on some of them everything works (cleared SSE, all characters and stages, ...) but still get thoses two annoyances...

Do you think this comes from the DVD ? I mean the game slowing down on regular brawls (and it is very noticeable) (not online or anything) seems strange and I wouldn't think it's the disc... (Actually, sometimes it slows down even in the menus, the hand that appears to select the characters moves very slowly...)

Any ideas ?

Edit : Here's an image of the clear brawl going wrong (it froze seconds after taking the screenshot)
clearbugvv1.jpg

It appears and crashes in exactly the same way with all the DVDs I have.

nd731

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a new burn with the same media i had before(HP DVD+R DL) but using IMGburn, and i got the game to work. But after beating classic mode, i got a black screen and the system froze. Tried the bonus movies and it gave me the error message screen. Played SSE/adventure mode and got to the point with DK and Fox and it froze.

Do you guys think this is just a bad burn or is my ISO missing files? It's 7.92GB. I burned it at 2.4x

nd731

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it. Still not working. Even tried burning it on 1x with the very last HP Dvd+r DL disc. I guess i'll have to try it on a different brand.

Verbatims and memorex are the most successful ones correct?

nd731

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have wiikey with 1.9g. My wii fw is 3.1j and i also have region override ON and DVDr speed at 6x. The first DL copy which I burned at 2.4x seemed to work fine up to the point where i beat classic mode or try to watch the bonus videos. It also froze on me during adventure mode a couple times. The last 2 copies burned were at 4x and 1x. Neither one of those even loaded up. They both freeze when it tries to load up the intro video.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_USA_Wii-RICKROLL Pre'd at 11:58 GMT+0 today. I refuse to make a thread until it's been confirmed real or not. Any of the German posters with access online? Gimme a shout if you can confirm this release.
Also shortly after came: [11:58] [ Wii ] - [ I_Need_A_WiiKey_Update_USA_Wii-FUCK ]

[-UPDATE-]
Confirmed fake.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the funny thing is, when SBB comes out in the US, people wasted their money for DVD-Rs and DLs for the JAP version, and you could buy an original SSBB for the same money in the end, lmao

That's why you do the research, find out what's working for people, and *THEN* burn it or take your five or six dollars and buy a couple duals..

As for the hardcore fans who just can't wait to play SSBB, somehow I don't think a wasted blank or two is going to worry them if they actually get to play the GOTY.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1