Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For everybody that says "it works", go play Adventure Mode (Subspace Emissary) before saying that. That's where the game always seems to break if it's gonna.

And that's where I'm stuck. I've burned it with auto layer break, and a manual one. The manual got me a little further than the auto break, but now I'm at a spot where neither one works. It's just after Samus joins the team (not to be confused with Zero Suit Samus). Auto break crashed for me just before the end of a mission (which really sucked) - the one where Falco joins.

xtrahairy

Trophies
XP
Country
My case:
PAL launch Wii
Wiikey 1.9g
3.2E firmware
Verbatim DVD+R DL
Burnt Wiizard rip at 2.4x with specified layer break

Result:
Works fine with no stutters at all... untill I get to the part in SSE where you just finished the battle on the bridge of the Halberd, it's a consequent white screen + "Game disc cannot be read" from there. Looks like I won't be able to finish the single player with this disc.. Masterpieces don't work either.

stonersteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
For everybody that says "it works", go play Adventure Mode (Subspace Emissary) before saying that. That's where the game always seems to break if it's gonna.

And that's where I'm stuck. I've burned it with auto layer break, and a manual one. The manual got me a little further than the auto break, but now I'm at a spot where neither one works. It's just after Samus joins the team (not to be confused with Zero Suit Samus). Auto break crashed for me just before the end of a mission (which really sucked) - the one where Falco joins.

Ive got past that level no problems. I used Verbatim DL+R and a D2CKey Modchip.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody tried Freeloader and the Wiizard rip of SSBB on a PAL Wii? I am gonna try and burn the NTSC reatil rip without any modifications and then use Freeloader to play.

PAL Wii with Wiikey here.

Cheers,
M

ianlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stonersteve: I also used Verbatim DL+R (2.4X, Nero 7, auto layer break) and a D2CKey Modchip, disc is recognized, but console froze when trying to start game. The only thing I can think of is maybe I should have used manual layer break. How did you burn your back up your disc?

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I just burned the Wiizard NTSC release UNTOUCHED onto a DL Imation DVD. I used Imgburn and set the break point. Put the game in and it asked to update which I did as I already have the dupe channels. Restarted Wii and it worked perfectly, no lag, no data errors...NOTHING. Just been playing it for over half and hour and all fine.

I have a PAL Wii 3.2E, first day release with a Wiikey running firmware 1.9.

Cheers,
M

adiabatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished subspace emissary and have had at least 50 brawls, still working flawlessly.

PAL Wii
3.2 Firmware
D2PRO
Verbatim DVD+DL (used imgburn at 4x with manual layerbreak)
Did the NTSC to PAL update trick with trucha (so no dual channels)

SpookADUke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burned Brawl, and when I put the disk into the Wii, I was happy that I didn't get the 001 error, but then I got the green "Game Data cannot be read" error. I have been reading on the forums that you switch to 50hz, reboot, turn deflicker off, then switch back to 60hz. I understand this, but when I look for the option to change the hz, its not there.

I go to Wii Settings, go to screen, and then screen resolution(I think that's what it's called). Inside it, I only see EDTV/HDTV(480P) and Standard TV(480i). So am I looking in the wrong area, or is there something I have to do for the 60hz and 50hz options to appear?

Basically, how do I get to 50hz and 60hz? Thank you in advance.

logical-dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried this...

Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?
? Files : 4.02 MB (4,223,373 bytes)
? Date : 12 March 2008
? Needed : Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_USA_Wii-WiiZARD
?
? This PPF patch will modify the WiiZARD's iso file so the game
? can be played on PAL Wii systems. We removed the english updates
? so it doesn't apply the updates and you won't get duplicate
? channels. The region of the wii game is also patched. The modchip
? doesn't have to change the region on the fly anymore. This patch
? is confirmed working on the Wiikey 1.9g firmware in combination
? with 3.2E. The game runs on 60Hz and without any framedrops.
? It's signed with the Trucha Signer.
?
? How to install:
? 1. Extract the WiiZARD release to a folder.
? 2. Extract the included rar file to the same folder.
? 3. Start "ppf-o-matic3.exe"
? 4. Select the ISO File, WiiZARD's iso.
? 5. Select the included Patch file, our ppf patch.
? 6. Press apply, and wait for the finished sign.
? 7. Leech ImageBurn, http://www.imgburn.com/
? 8. Select write image to disc, select the iso file (source).
? 9. Set write speed to 2.4x, just to be safe.
? 10. Burn the baby.
? 11. Alternatively you can add the layer break manually, this
? didn't work for me, but for some others. Here is how it goes:
? In ImageBurn click Tools->Settings->Write Tab
? In the options section select Layer Break "User specified"
? and enter the following number: 2084960. Press OK and BURN.
?
? Have fun gaming this nice dual layer wii-game...
? Special thanks fly out to: LOTG

fatterdude2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes the PPF patch works a treat.

If you have wiikey make sure it is 1.9g though. Does not work otherwise (I tried) even if you remove the 001 check used for SMG)

Good Luck

My case:

PAL launch Wii
Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH
Wiikey 1.9g
3.2E firmware
Verbatim DVD+R DL
No Layer Break
RGB Cable. Wii settings in 50hz mode. Start game (get stuttering sound). Go to game options and switch deflicker off. Change wii settings to 60hz and restart game. No video/sounds problems so far

adamska23

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Tried the ppf patch on a pal console with d2pro. It didnt work for me, it loads fine but it freeze after the first loading screen with a white screen.

snakeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a problem thats making me go crazy. I downloaded wiizard's brawl, burnt it on 2.4x on a Verbatim DL and on Philips DL. The game starts but after the beginning loading is done, I get an error saying could not read disk, read manual, both DL's gave me the same message and they both are in great condition obviously. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening.

The Mole

Trophies
XP
Country
I am quite new to this all, could not bare to wait months for the PAL release.

Do i need to be worried about the update on the disc or is it safe to update (i don't want to brick my Wii).

I have dupe channels from playing the Japanese version will this create another set?

Cheers for any help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...