Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

fatterdude2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
adamska23 I had same problem. change wii settings to 50hz then start the game. Movie sound is choppy but hopefully you can then go to game options and switch deflicker OFF. Exit game and go back to wii settings and change them to 60hz and try again... least that worked for me with rgb cable and got me past the white screen

snakeman what chip you got. I had same problem with wiikey before I upped it to 1.9g. If not then maybe you gotta set layer break (or not depending on how your burnt the ones you already tested. I heard anything other than wiikey has to have layer break set)

etkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it reads it in the Wii Menu, but when I go to play it, it gives me an "Unauthorized device detected." Can anyone help?

NTSC Wii, 3.1 U
Wiikey 1.9g
Verbatim DVD+R DL, burned in Nero
Dupe Jap channels from playing JAP Brawl
Unauthorized device detected

nirslsk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US Wii 3.2U
D2Pro
tried two different burners: Pioneer DVR-112 (internal) and Sony DRX-840U (external)
ImgBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL tried different burning speeds, 2.4x, 4x and MAX (which defaulted to 4x)

without layerbreak the game freezes with a white screen during loading.
with layerbreak the game loads and plays, but i get a read error (green text on light green background) every 20-30 minutes. any idea what i might be doing wrong? i'm thinking of trying ritek next, but somehow i doubt it'll make a difference..

adamska23

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
adamska23 I had same problem. change wii settings to 50hz then start the game. Movie sound is choppy but hopefully you can then go to game options and switch deflicker OFF. Exit game and go back to wii settings and change them to 60hz and try again... least that worked for me with rgb cable and got me past the white screen

Yeah i just tried it but its still freezing on the white screen.

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so what's the final word on layerbreak for those of us with NTSC/Wiikey consoles? Does it have to be manually set or can we just burn it?

zeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.9g wiikey NTSC wii, I burned and played it fine but i can't get past the research level in the subspace emissary, just turns into a black screen. only problem ive had other than the occasional could not read disc error

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used a RIDATA DVD+ with an old GSA-4167B . No custom layer break (Wiikey 1.9g) . Removed the error #001. Worked fine, tested all subspace videos (I've completed it with the DVD5 rip) and no problems so far. Game runs fine in other parts.

Will test tomorrow to see if all levels in subspace are ok.

Awesome game. I've read a lot of people complain about Subspace but, for me, it surpassed my (high) expectatives.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
nirslsk said:
US Wii 3.2U
D2Pro
tried two different burners: Pioneer DVR-112 (internal) and Sony DRX-840U (external)
ImgBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL tried different burning speeds, 2.4x, 4x and MAX (which defaulted to 4x)

without layerbreak the game freezes with a white screen during loading.
with layerbreak the game loads and plays, but i get a read error (green text on light green background) every 20-30 minutes. any idea what i might be doing wrong? i'm thinking of trying ritek next, but somehow i doubt it'll make a difference..
I burned it on a verbatim dl dvd without setting any layerbreak and it works just fine.....

You sure you didn't have any apps open during the burn?

nirslsk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i had nothing open at the time. but just in case i tried burning another copy without layerbreak just now, same issue. oh well, i guess i have a funky wii drive and/or d2pro installation...

nirslsk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weirdest thing, i got the update today that's supposed to prep your wii for wiiware, put one of the six copies i burnt of SSBB (all of which gave me a read error every couple of levels) at random and played through a good seven or eight levels for about three hours without any problem. maybe nintendo included something in the update to address some of the issues people have been having with the game. my retail copy is arriving from amazon tomorrow so it's good to know i probably won't have any of the issues i had with the backups before the update.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
the game finally works on my wii
biggrin.gif
yay! I had the dvd5 version but its so much nicer to actually have all the cutscenes.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sebacestmoi said:
Hello,
I've got a question.
I've got a JAP Wii with update 3.2J.
I've got a Wiikey with update 1.9s.
If I buy the original Super Smash Bros Brawl US game in a store it will works on my Wii or not?
And with the JAP version?
I don't want to download this game I want to buy it.

Thanks you for helping me and sorry for my bad english, I speak French.
Both versions should work, the USA one will give you Dual Channels however.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all i'm new to this,i'm getting my PAL launch Wii chipped shortly with the wiikey and i was just curious,how do i go about burning this properly for use?
will i need a DL dvd?
Do i just burn it,then play? (i only ask this as i notice that the 1.9s update for the wiikey addresses the SSBB problem,does this mean that its now as simplae as juts burning the release to a DL disc and playing? or do i need to use brickblocker and region frii?)

Thanks for any help
smile.gif

isaac52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikachu025 said:
Sebacestmoi said:
Hello,
I've got a question.
I've got a JAP Wii with update 3.2J.
I've got a Wiikey with update 1.9s.
If I buy the original Super Smash Bros Brawl US game in a store it will works on my Wii or not?
And with the JAP version?
I don't want to download this game I want to buy it.

Thanks you for helping me and sorry for my bad english, I speak French.
Both versions should work, the USA one will give you Dual Channels however.
I have the same exact problem as him, except I ALREADY BOUGHT IT AND IT DOESN'T WORK!
I have a legit USA copy.
a burned JAP copy on DVD+RW, and DVD-R, and neither work.

laerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I burned smash bros with my laptop Pioneer burner using a TDK DL+R disk and it works just like the orginal. No issues whatsoever. All this crap about using only verbitan disk is false.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse