Wii #0635 - Mario Kart (Europe)

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Elrinth said:
okay, so I have pal wii and I don't want to get any dual channels or brick anything.. what do I do?
smile.gif

I have wiikey, but I haven't installed latest update, should I do that before?

myselfPAL USERS CAN UPDATE SAFELY NO MATTER WHAT

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's in the Mario Kart channel?

You can see time trial stats from friends. and download them and try to beat them.
you can try to beat the continental or worldwide champion's ghostdata on each track
you can see if you're friends are playing and join the match they're in
you can send your own ghostdata to friends and have them challenge it
and you can join competitions (doesn't work yet, I guess this is controlled by Nintendo)

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have a stupid question. How do you change the country that it shows when the globe spins and displays the people in an online game?

I'm on a US Wii, with the region in the Wii settings set to say "United States" but it still defaults to show me as being in Europe. I've seen other people's where it says their specific country and people in this thread have said it showed them in the US but I can't figure out how to set that.

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Okay I have a stupid question. How do you change the country that it shows when the globe spins and displays the people in an online game?

I'm on a US Wii, with the region in the Wii settings set to say "United States" but it still defaults to show me as being in Europe. I've seen other people's where it says their specific country and people in this thread have said it showed them in the US but I can't figure out how to set that.
That's very strange. What European country does it say you are from?

I know there is an option in game to show your country or not. Maybe try checking there?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
jhoff80 said:

That's very strange. What European country does it say you are from?

It's not saying any specific country, its just showing me on the map with no country named, but above the Europe section. I wonder if its because I'm using a Wiinja Deluxe with a WiiBrickBlocked release, but didn't use RegionFrii or anything like that?

Anyway, not that big an issue, I'll be getting the US version when its released, but just was wondering. (Hopefully the save will be compatible but we'll see.)

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you need to check your options then. Make sure it lets you display country.

It defaults to Europe because you are, of course, using a PAL copy.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
I think you need to check your options then. Make sure it lets you display country.

Its set to display my country, and in the Wii menu the country is set to US. Maybe the pal version just can't read the setting from the US menu?

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
coolbho3000 said:

Its set to display my country, and in the Wii menu the country is set to US. Maybe the pal version just can't read the setting from the US menu?
Strange. It reads my US setting fine.

junkmonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I along with a select few of others experience graphic lag during mario kart gameplay when a lot is going on on the screen.
Two people have pointed out that it is only during 480i playback, someone said to patch it with wiifrii, but that you need a key.bin ?
Where can I obtain key.bin ?
I do not have an HDTV, it is a standard TV and it does not playback 480p. Is there any way to force it to 480p ?

It also seems that only people with 3.1U are having the problem, this is not for certain though.
Is there any way to obtain the 3.2U that does not contain the IOS 37.. the IOS 36 one...?

Thanks

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
junkmonk said:
Hi, I along with a select few of others experience graphic lag during mario kart gameplay when a lot is going on on the screen.
Two people have pointed out that it is only during 480i playback, someone said to patch it with wiifrii, but that you need a key.bin ?
Where can I obtain key.bin ?
I do not have an HDTV, it is a standard TV and it does not playback 480p. Is there any way to force it to 480p ?

It also seems that only people with 3.1U are having the problem, this is not for certain though.
Is there any way to obtain the 3.2U that does not contain the IOS 37.. the IOS 36 one...?

Thanks

You can get a key.bin on www.google.com

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
jhoff80 said:
coolbho3000 said:

Strange. It reads my US setting fine.
Hmm, weird then.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just burned it, and played it on my PAL wii console. I did not touch the ISO.
It recognises the disc but gives me an error when I run it:

Error #001,
unauthorized device has been detected.

What did I do wrong??? this error doesn't like it's a badburn.

I got the super smash brawl firmware, and the game runs flawlessly, just like super mario galaxy.

Though my wii says there is a new update though internet? Should i download that update???

Please help me!! I want to play mario kart with my friends tonight.
Sorry for the offtopic question, i see this forum only has Nintendo Releases. Is there a similiar website so i can see the xbox 360 releases? Thank you.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chrisssj2 said:
I just burned it, and played it on my PAL wii console. I did not touch the ISO.
It recognises the disc but gives me an error when I run it:

Error #001,
unauthorized device has been detected.

What did I do wrong??? this error doesn't like it's a badburn.

I got the super smash brawl firmware, and the game runs flawlessly, just like super mario galaxy.

Though my wii says there is a new update though internet? Should i download that update???

Please help me!! I want to play mario kart with my friends tonight.
Sorry for the offtopic question, i see this forum only has Nintendo Releases. Is there a similiar website so i can see the xbox 360 releases? Thank you.

The game is detecting your modchip. Which one do you have and which firmware is on it?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After i resetted my Wii, Mario kart booted and worked, eventhough first time I got that weird error.

I got Wii key- with 1.9G

Im trying to update to 1.9 S

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Actually I'm having the same exact issue, I noticed though my friends who's names are displaying in the correct region did the full update I used brick blocker not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it