Hardware Wii Slowdown Problem

ItsJosepphDays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i'm new here, i've seen a similar problem here on GBATemp.

I'm having a very annoying problem (most of the time)... When i click the Mario Kart Channel i get a really strange slowdown animation, in this video you'll see exactly how it acts. I opened Today & Tomorrow channel just you can see how other channels works normally:

There are some rare times that this glitch doesn't happen, it only happens when the console has been turned on for a while. Please help me...

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i'm new here, i've seen a similar problem here on GBATemp.

I'm having a very annoying problem (most of the time)... When i click the Mario Kart Channel i get a really strange slowdown animation, in this video you'll see exactly how it acts. I opened Today & Tomorrow channel just you can see how other channels works normally:

There are some rare times that this glitch doesn't happen, it only happens when the console has been turned on for a while. Please help me...

That problem is actually normal. The Mario Kart Channel just uses a very complicated animation, which causes slowdowns.

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, really!? Wow, i didn't think Nintendo could make a channel so badly...

So i shouldn't worry about it?

Right. Nothing to be worried about.

I even have some custom channels on my Wii console that do that sometimes. They also have very complicated animations. The Wii simply doesn't have the computing power necessary to handle animations like this properly. The Wii's processor is just a single core 729MHz PowerPC CPU. It also has only 64MB of RAM. I'm actually amazed the Wii works as well as it does.

Last edited by Argonitious,

ItsJosepphDays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Nothing to be worried about.

I even have some custom channels on my Wii console that do that sometimes. They also have very complicated animations. The Wii simply doesn't have the computing power necessary to handle animations like this properly. The Wii's processor is just a single core 729MHz PowerPC CPU. It also has only 64MB of RAM. I'm actually amazed the Wii works as well as it does.
I completely agree, i get impressed how Nintendo can make such wonderful graphics with a bad hardware, like the Wii U...

I just find strange how they didn't notice the Wii didn't have enough power to show that animation, anyway, thank you! :D

Last edited by ItsJosepphDays,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I have heard of the Fallout TV series. Many people thought it was good.