Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys I got a super noob question, how do I PM someone? I couldn't find that option, and in the "conversation" page I cannot initialize a conversation, either.
Someone has to PM you, or you have to have at least 100 posts. Once you get 100 posts, you level up from Newcomer to Member, and can also post links and access the trading forum.

Reactions: Kate0012

Kate0012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, I figured that would be the cause. Someone actually tried to help me through conversation and I just couldn't find that "start a conversation" button so it must be because I'm still new.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I completely out of luck trying to get nintendont to work with a generic wii u pro controller?

Edit: Another noob question, anyway to remove that annoying update failed message in the bottom right? Running Haxchi on 5.5.1

Last edited by frankadank,

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I recently installed the retroarch channel to my HDD but I also have an HDD to vWii (so everytime I want to launch retroarch I must to make sure the right HDD is connect). Can I just move the channel to NAND using the data managment or I have to uninstall it and install it again to NAND?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recently installed the retroarch channel to my HDD but I also have an HDD to vWii (so everytime I want to launch retroarch I must to make sure the right HDD is connect). Can I just move the channel to NAND using the data managment or I have to uninstall it and install it again to NAND?
yes you can move from usb to nand in data management

Reactions: dragon12

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your vWii HDD is connected to slot 0 and hidden with UStealth, then you can have both connected.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and happy new year everyone! I am back because I finally managed to get an SD card that is larger than 2GB. I am currently having trouble sending files via FTP to my WiiU. Here is my step-by-step process so you know exactly where I'm at:

• I am using Haxchi and not CBHC.
  • When I boot my Wii U, I open Haxchi and let it boot back to my home screen. It is my understanding that doing this activates the actual CFW (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
  • I then open Haxchi again and hold the designated button (B for me; I set it via config.txt) to open Homebrew Channel.
  • From within HBC, I open FTPiiU.
  • After retrieving my game via Wii U USB Helper, I connect to my Wii U with FileZilla and attempt to transfer then entire folder for the game into the install folder on the Wii U.
At this point is where I run into trouble. There are successful transfers, but there are also certain files that the transfer has a critical failure on, and upon viewing the log on my Wii U, it's giving me "SUCCESS 550" feedback. I read somewhere else in this forum that if you see "SUCCESS 550", it means the CFW is not active.

My intent is to install the game to my USB drive using WUP installer, as I have with other, smaller games, but of course I haven't been able to get to that step with this particular game.

Do you see anything I'm doing wrong in this process? Regarding the new SD card, I managed to format it to FAT32 and then copied the contents of the old SD card onto the new one.

Thanks for reading and for your assistance!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and happy new year everyone! I am back because I finally managed to get an SD card that is larger than 2GB. I am currently having trouble sending files via FTP to my WiiU. Here is my step-by-step process so you know exactly where I'm at:

• I am using Haxchi and not CBHC.
  • When I boot my Wii U, I open Haxchi and let it boot back to my home screen. It is my understanding that doing this activates the actual CFW (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
  • I then open Haxchi again and hold the designated button (B for me; I set it via config.txt) to open Homebrew Channel.
  • From within HBC, I open FTPiiU.
  • After retrieving my game via Wii U USB Helper, I connect to my Wii U with FileZilla and attempt to transfer then entire folder for the game into the install folder on the Wii U.
At this point is where I run into trouble. There are successful transfers, but there are also certain files that the transfer has a critical failure on, and upon viewing the log on my Wii U, it's giving me "SUCCESS 550" feedback. I read somewhere else in this forum that if you see "SUCCESS 550", it means the CFW is not active.

My intent is to install the game to my USB drive using WUP installer, as I have with other, smaller games, but of course I haven't been able to get to that step with this particular game.

Do you see anything I'm doing wrong in this process? Regarding the new SD card, I managed to format it to FAT32 and then copied the contents of the old SD card onto the new one.

Thanks for reading and for your assistance!
Why are you using ftp? Why not just take out the SD, insert it in your pc and manually copy the files? That's how most of us do it.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using ftp? Why not just take out the SD, insert it in your pc and manually copy the files? That's how most of us do it.
That's a great question. Thanks for responding. The thing is I only have one computer (at least one that isn't a slow, basically broken Toshiba Satellite), and it's a Surface Pro 3. As awesome as the SP3 is, it has its limitations. One of these limitations is the SD port only fits micro SD. My 128GB SD card is a full-size SD card. I had to borrow my girlfriend's computer just to format it and copy over the contents of the smaller 2GB drive I was using before. I can't find my USB SD port adapter, and even if I did, there's no guarantee it would work, and if it did, most of the space on my internal drive has been used up by vital programs that I can't live without (the SP3 only came with I think 64GB; it was the lowest-end model). Another limitation of the SP3 is it only has ONE (YES. ONE.) USB port, which means I can't have both the adapter plugged in as well as my 2TB drive, which I have all of my Wii U content on.

TL;DR: I'm broke and can't afford shit.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Wii game channels (From Wii Shop Channel) on my vWii side of my Wii U and I have a few questions:

- Can game channels be transferred to SD card?
- If yes to above, can I still use cheats with WiiLauncher Gecko OS Alternative on game channels that are on the SD card?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Wii game channels (From Wii Shop Channel) on my vWii side of my Wii U and I have a few questions:

- Can game channels be transferred to SD card?
- If yes to above, can I still use cheats with WiiLauncher Gecko OS Alternative on game channels that are on the SD card?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)
I actually wondered the same thing. I filled up my system memory on my vWii pretty fast with some retro titles and had to delete some

danman75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here goes my noob questions...
I have both sysnand and emunand on 5.5.1. I installed Haxchi and have a Mocha icon that I use to boot into emunand (the icon that was formerly the DS game). I never do anything on sysnand, just emunand. After 5.5.2 came out I had no desire or need (i thought) to update anything. However my son and I enjoy playing Lego Dimensions BUT the updates for new sets I buy do not come through the regular updates (which I can still do on 5.5.1), they come through the eShop. BUT they don't come through the eshop the regular way (or I could just use NNU patcher), you have to initiate the download once you are in the game through "options" and you are then taken to the eshop to download the updates on a set by set basis.

Sorry for the long preamble but I figured anyone who can help might want to know some of these details. So my question is if I update my sysnand to 5.5.2, having already installed Haxchi, would I still be able to boot up as usual into 5.5.2 sysnand and go straight to my Mocha icon and boot into 5.5.1 emunand? In other words, would I have to do ANYTHING different once I upgrade sysnand to 5.5.2, or would everything else work as it always has? My son and I thank you in advance for any advice that can be given.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr