Hardware Wii U: The Ultimate (All Generations) Nintendo Console

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ideal setup includes not having to swap hard drives to access all of these at once. Can WiiWare games on vWii be installed to the same SD used for Wii U content?

Reactions: gamecaptor

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think it has to happen at the app level; not something we can turn on and off (at least that's what I believe).
It patches cafe2wii to disable the part that underclocks the ppc when it resets it to load vwii. You can choose to use it or not, but can't be disabled while ingame.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all my retro needs covered with original hardware + Framemeister, but convenience is also attractive, so I get the OP's point about the Wii U. One thing I'm curious about though --- per the OP, best method for N64 on Wii U is through Wii U's N64 VC. I assume this means rom injection, since I doubt Nintendo released that many N64 titles. Can anyone point me to compatibility info for this, i.e. what N64 games fail on the Wii U?

I have my Wii softmodded, but never got around to buying the Wii U. But the little Nintendo geek inside my skull won't stop nagging.

Reactions: gamecaptor

spraydom22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yep that would be it. Thanks. Actually the compatibility is not that great, huh. Still, it's N64, so not surprised.

Not64 on vwii can play some of the ones not available/working on wiiu vc.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

Wii/Wiiu use powerpc code and n64 emulation isn't very developed on the ppc platform, so you won't find decent emulation on the xb360 or ps3 either. ARM is better (android) and of course it's most mature on x86.

Last edited by spraydom22,

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just build a power pc or buy one that can handle the Cemu emulator. Heck most of those games aren't Wii U games so just fire up the respective emulator on your computer and start playing. If not then you're just wanting an excuse to purchase the console :)

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just build a power pc or buy one that can handle the Cemu emulator. Heck most of those games aren't Wii U games so just fire up the respective emulator on your computer and start playing. If not then you're just wanting an excuse to purchase the console :)
I believe the point of the thread is pointing out the achievement of being the first Nintendo console where you can play/emulate almost every Nintendo game ever made, only missing Switch/3DS games. This is quite an accomplishment considering NES/SNES/N64/Wii&GBA/DS were officially supported, lacking only Gamecube/GB due to moronic business decisions.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe the point of the thread is pointing out the achievement of being the first Nintendo console where you can play/emulate almost every Nintendo game ever made, only missing Switch/3DS games. This is quite an accomplishment considering NES/SNES/N64/Wii&GBA/DS were officially supported, lacking only Gamecube/GB due to moronic business decisions.
Shouldn't it be Wii U/3DS games? :P

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the PC already have that accomplishment? You can also play all the games with a PS4 controller. LOL

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wouldn't the PC already have that accomplishment? You can also play all the games with a PS4 controller. LOL
I believe the point of the thread is pointing out the achievement of being the first Nintendo console where you can play/emulate almost every Nintendo game ever made, only missing Switch/3DS games
And also, portable. +1
Of course you can play anything in a PC, but that goes beyond the point.
People should really stop comparing hacked consoles to PC, because obviously PC will always win no matter what, it's the entertainment, fun and knowledge you can gain from hacking a console which adds to the experience, and emulators on said system is a huge bonus for backwards compatibility when you want an all-in-one machine.

And playing with a PS4 controller?
Ewww, I'd rather play with an Atari joystick, PS controllers suck in design.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: wiiLike2Hacks

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not64 on vwii can play some of the ones not available/working on wiiu vc.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

Wii/Wiiu use powerpc code and n64 emulation isn't very developed on the ppc platform, so you won't find decent emulation on the xb360 or ps3 either. ARM is better (android) and of course it's most mature on x86.
PS3 doesn't use PPC architecture, as it uses the Cell CPU. It will be really interesting to see Xbox One and PS4 homebrew in the future since it's all x86, a lot of really interesting ports and optimizations are going to happen. They're not nearly as powerful as a half decent gaming PC but we're more likely to see Dreamcast and Gamecube emulation become a thing on those consoles than any other ones (although the child inside of me secretly hopes for GCN VC on Switch).

Reactions: fmhugo

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also, portable. +1
Of course you can play anything in a PC, but that goes beyond the point.
People should really stop comparing hacked consoles to PC, because obviously PC will always win no matter what, it's the entertainment, fun and knowledge you can gain from hacking a console which adds to the experience, and emulators on said system is a huge bonus for backwards compatibility when you want an all-in-one machine.

And playing with a PS4 controller?
Ewww, I'd rather play with an Atari joystick, PS controllers suck in design.

Would you really rather play with an Atari joystick? It would be hard to play Zelda Skyward Sword.

Reactions: Vorde

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2