Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

hyosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does anyone have problem to pass this point in pyrosphere? http://tinyurl.com/2vbpzkb

that door in the end of the corridor is red for me, no matter what I do :­(

I saw some vids and walkthroughs, and that door is already blue when you enter this room, so, I really don't know what to do... The game never crashed before, I'm using IOS22, tried using IOS49 but no success at that point, the door keeps red... Is it an anti piracy door or anything like that? Oh hell... Is it really one of those bugs that f*** all your gamethrough, like that one in zelda twilight princess? :­(

EDIT: oh well, it's a red door of death, ok, i hate you, metroid (kidding)

BREVITY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the game and want to load it to my HDD. I seem to have tried everything in the CIOS arena but I cant seem to get it to install. It doesnt even seem to try. I am using USB GX Loader 9.38. I have Hemmes cIOS 222/223 with the system setup for 222 I have IOS 249 V17 since I thought someone said 20 didnt work. All my other new games work and installed quickly (Mario Galaxy 2). But I cant even get this one to install. Ideas?

Thanks for the help,

songwar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

I've been playing this game with flawlessly with no issues up till now. I think I'm near the end of the game and my wii freezes after a certain cutscene.

My wii has system menu 3.2U and I was playing it using USBLoader GX with CiosRev19 (ios249) with base ios 37 I believe.

This is the cutscene where the freeze happens:
SPOILERS
It's the cutscene after you kill the metroid queen when you finally meet the real Madeline Bergman. It's really long and it ends with MB calling all her minions to come kill you. Right at the end of the cutscene where Samus tells Madeline to watch out, it freezes.
SPOILERS

I think it might have something to do with the layer break.
I copied the ISO to my drive with WBFS manager so it automatically removed the update partition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

onim4ru

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem here. Freezes exactly in the same point. The wii crashes and stars to emit a kind of buzzing sound.

I'm on a 4.3E (Wan) and i'm using the latest version of the USB loader GX.
I fixed the other crash problem (at the beginning just after the tutorial) by installing the ciosx rev20b but now i don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

gregory020

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont know if anyone can help me but im at 98% after ending and need the last two missiles wich are both in main sector the problem is the 2 elevators to those rooms are closed is there something i must do to open the door or am i screwed also my pointer shows a room where i have to be in the same section and i just cant seem to get there any help much appreciated

loumperking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got this problem hope someone can help me:
the game was working nice but after get down the elevator sector 2 and going to the zone with the wolfs the game music dont work(only hear the wolfs) also the game stop loading more information( cant get out left or right door, each door says loading) if i press + the game show me the information correctly but after u press back u cant press it again also if press home the game freeze.
i tried ios 222/223 rev 4 all give me the same. im using usb loader gx on my black wii 4.1u. using usb drive 16 gb sandisk.

MewtwoEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dang, it freezes for me at the beginning right after taking the training, the cutscene where Samus is getting a call from ¨baby cry¨

im able to run all other games using my USB Loader GX, Mario Galaxy2, Megaman 10, Sin and Punishment 2, Monster Hunter 3 all of the newer games, anyone can help me? i got the Hermes combination

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BREVITY said:
I just got the game and want to load it to my HDD. I seem to have tried everything in the CIOS arena but I cant seem to get it to install. It doesnt even seem to try. I am using USB GX Loader 9.38. I have Hemmes cIOS 222/223 with the system setup for 222 I have IOS 249 V17 since I thought someone said 20 didnt work. All my other new games work and installed quickly (Mario Galaxy 2). But I cant even get this one to install. Ideas?
Are you able to rip Super Smash Bros. Brawl or other dual-layer games? Because if not, then you have the same problem I think I have; your Wii can't read dual-layer discs anymore.

QUOTE(MewtwoEx @ Sep 4 2010, 11:32 AM) dang, it freezes for me at the beginning right after taking the training, the cutscene where Samus is getting a call from ¨baby cry¨
That's likely the bad dump that's going around. Download either a save that has the game completed (you won't be able to unlock things like Hard Mode and the theater/gallery yourself, but at least you can skip cutscenes with the (-) button, so skip that one scene and watch it on YouTube), or a save that's just after that point, and continue on. Or, you could just get a better dump.

kwami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got it working on softmodded wii with memorex dl disc didnt even have to use layer break just burned at 2.4x turns out i had a bad dump before
yaywii.gif

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Can some help out a noob? I'm using this release, I burnt it on a DL disc and the disc channel said there was an error reading the disc. I tried again and this time it loaded, I set my language and subtitle preference than I got a screen saying there was a disc error. I tried again, but I haven't been able to get past the disc channel error screen

Anonyamalious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm the iND release works as I just finished the game. Was using the Wiitard release and it froze at the 'baby's cry' scene. I was using CFG USB loader with Hermes 223 m-load and it froze once at the scene with Madeline, after I switch to cIOS 249 [FRAG] rev20 it was fine. Hope this helps all those still are to run this backup.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried burning with a DVD + R DL Verbatim and imgburn won't let me change the booktype, giving me the error "invalid field in cdb" on each choice (BenQ, Lite-On, etc) I can set the layer break just fine and then burn it with no problem, but it ends up being a bad burn because my Wii can't even detect it.

My Wii reads DL discs just fine, got a DVD9 copy of SSBB to prove it, so my Wii isn't the problem. I bought Verbatim DVD - R DL to avoid the book type change bs, and it seems with -R DL's, you can't set the layer break. ARGH. Help??????????

WiiStrudle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone could please help, I would greatly apprciate it, This game freezes for me right after I select english, and the first opening cut scene begins to to play, it plays about 20 seconds of it and freezes. I am using the configurable USB loader, and have also tried usbloader gx. Here is what I tried:

1. Updated system with pimp my wii to all new IOS's
2. Updated USB configurable loader
3. Updated USBloader GX
4. tried playing on 249, 222 and 223 (all still freeze in the same spot of the CG)
5. Tried forcing NTSC....

I fail no matter what I do. If someone is using either of these loaders, and see any settings I am missing, please help.

Thanks in advance.

WiiStrudle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I have tried neogamma...still no luck. I also just tried some other things as well:

1. Replaced Configurable USB loader, with default 222 version
2. Tried going from Hermes 5.1, to Hermes v4
3. Went back to 5.1 when it still didn't work...

I've also tried loading it with 222, 223 and 249...all freeze in the same spot, right in the beginning video, after I select English, there is an opening video, that looks to be astroids or fragments of something, after 20 seconds of playing it, the video freezes and my wii locks up. I have to hold the power button to turn my wii off...

It seems I have all the cios/ios everyone suggests, but still no Metroid other m love.....remember I updated all of my cios/ios with pimp my wii..so now, I'm not sure what is missing...

this is the iso I am using:
Games/Wii Metroid Other M USA REAL PROPER REPACK WII-BiOSHOCK

I am thinking of trying this iso...because I don't know what else to do:
Metroid Other M PAL Wii-WiiERD

Does anyone think it will make a difference, or am I somehow missing something still...I don;t know how I can be...but none the less, I am no expert. I do have boot2 recovery installed, and have a backup of my nand, so I am willing to try suggestions...

Update: Also tried neo gamma r9 rev 47....still no love, freezes in the same spot....

LeGacyFN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine wont work after the tutorial scene(baby's cry) I tried everything and when i switch the game to 222 or 223 it wont even start up. you know when you see the games in usb loader gx you can see the animation/music come up for that game? well on metroid other m the animation/music isnt there. so my question is any1 that has gotten this game to work can you see the animation on your loader? I also removed the update partition with wii backup manager and it still froze at the same point. :( so im asking that question about the animation/music because then ill know if my iso and wbfs game is a bad dump. also if you have it working where did you download it from?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine wont work after the tutorial scene(baby's cry) I tried everything and when i switch the game to 222 or 223 it wont even start up. you know when you see the games in usb loader gx you can see the animation/music come up for that game? well on metroid other m the animation/music isnt there. so my question is any1 that has gotten this game to work can you see the animation on your loader? I also removed the update partition with wii backup manager and it still froze at the same point. :( so im asking that question about the animation/music because then ill know if my iso and wbfs game is a bad dump. also if you have it working where did you download it from?
Most likely a bad dump. Also don't ask for download sites. I can say I got mine from Usenet, but that was so long ago you probably can't access it anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended