Homebrew Wii64 help!

sushiplatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to load Wii64 it freezes on the "load game" screen. What can I do to make this work? I have an NTSC U softmodded Wii, and I have a folder "n64roms" on my sd card with roms in it. Let me know if you need any other info.

thanks in advance,

SP

celebi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to seem like I'm hijacking this topic but, anyone able to compile the latest build? I've tried to compile it on Windows & a Mac (both with devkitPPC R16 installed properly) and I get errors both times. The latest build is r473. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sushiplatter said:
Whenever I try to load Wii64 it freezes on the "load game" screen. What can I do to make this work? I have an NTSC U softmodded Wii, and I have a folder "n64roms" on my sd card with roms in it. Let me know if you need any other info.

thanks in advance,

SP

Well, this may sound stupid, but make sure that your HBC is the most recent edition, and make sure that if you have 3.4, you downgrade the firmware of IOS. I had the same problem for a while and then if found out that I had incorrectly installed HBC.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
i get the same problem... also, when i installed my wiiware/vc games to my wii, some of the n64 games didnt work like quest 64
frown.gif
y is that? do i need to use wii64 with it?

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sushiplatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out my problem. I wasn't using the VC controller, d'oh. Now it works but some of the roms I load are terrible. Thanks for all the help.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! Trying my best to find out as much info myself without asking but looks like I need to now.
smile.gif

OK, I got Wii64 from the WiiBrew page. I got a few roms (.N64, .Z64 & .V64 which WiiBrew says it supports) and the app loads fine. When I go to load a ROM it says, "An error occured". I haven't tested the ROMs on a PC but I assume they work??

WiiBrew doesn't say it supports SDHC but it also doesn't say it doesn't?
biggrin.gif
Could that be the prob? 4G.

Oh, I also followed:
QUOTE said:
# For SDCARD: Put ROMs in a directory named N64ROMS in the root directory,
# Create a directory for saves named N64SAVES in the root directory
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64

Thanx guys!
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
OK. I think I know the problem. I don't think it supports SDHC. I used a 2G card and it loaded fine.

It's pretty sloooww, though...? Ahh well. Might just stick to N64 VC. I wanted to play Perfect Dark, Mega Man 64 and Golden Eye 007.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y