Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using cIOS fails on either loader when launching emunand channels.

Using neek, channels work on GX but not on Wiiflow Lite.
wow cios doesn't work on either loader, strange. so i will look into why your channels are not launching using neek and wfl, yet they do with usbgx and neek. time to check the code again.
Well by jove...it was a corrupt wiiflow_lite.ini. I deleted the .ini, restarted wiiflow lite, pointed everything to the correct load locations and by golly the problem titles all work and return to wiiflow lite normally after exiting. My corrupt .ini shows no indication of being corrupted. I will attempt to locate exactly what went haywire at a later time and post if I find it but meanwhile I am elated. Thank you boss for checking the wfl code and for suggesting what you did.

Thanks a million.
great! yes sometimes the ini gets corrupted or messed up. not sure how or why. i know it is saved/written to SD or USB when launching a game or exiting wiiflow. maybe it gets messed up while in memory and then saved that way, i'm just guessing. but i've had it happen before even with the official wiiflow. sometimes when viewing it in notepad++ a NULL will be at the end. that shouldn't be there. anyway, glad it's working for you again!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@fledge68
I know this has probably been asked before but I was unable to easily find it in the posts. Any chance that we could get a default setting to disable the game cube memory card emulation?

Also I think I'm an idiot but I can't figure out how to get to the navigation menu using B like on the normal version of WiiFlow...is that not included in this version or am I just crazy? It would just be nice to be able to quickly shortcut into whatever section I need at the time.

Really loving the loader so far and thank you for your work on it.
as for default/global setting to disable mem card. you will need to edit wiiflow_lite.ini with notepad++ or sim program. under [GAMECUBE] set emu_memcard=0. zero for off, 1 for on, 2 for multi.

as for navigation menu or source menu. you have to have a source_menu.ini like used in Abz's masterpiece pack. if wiiflow lite does not detect it then the source menu doesn't wok and you have to use the view icon to switch views.

Drakonman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, thank you for Wiiflow Lite. I've gotten this to work on my Wii with my HDD over any other loader available.

I have one small issue; when I try to go back to the Wii Menu from gameplay, it just goes to a black screen. I assume it just crashes the entire system. It's a day one Launch Wii.

Another thing I want to know is the basics of creating a theme. I've changed the background images, loaded custom covers and modded the coverflow. I want to change the font's, position of the buttons and opacity of some of the buttons (perhaps even change the color of the font's to black.) It look's passable right now but I wouldn't mind having something that looks more.... Wii like.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thank you for Wiiflow Lite. I've gotten this to work on my Wii with my HDD over any other loader available.

I have one small issue; when I try to go back to the Wii Menu from gameplay, it just goes to a black screen. I assume it just crashes the entire system. It's a day one Launch Wii.

Another thing I want to know is the basics of creating a theme. I've changed the background images, loaded custom covers and modded the coverflow. I want to change the font's, position of the buttons and opacity of some of the buttons (perhaps even change the color of the font's to black.) It look's passable right now but I wouldn't mind having something that looks more.... Wii like.

back to wii menu from gameplay - wiiflow lite will return to wiiflow lite after gameplay if you have the wiiflow lite forwarder channel installed on system menu. so install wfl forwarder channel and in wfl goto main settings and set return to option to wiiflow lite. or just set that option to disabled and wfl will return to system menu after gameplay.

here's a couple links to help with themes.

https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/themes - wiiflow 4 wiki themes page. notice the black and white wii themes. they resemble the wii menu. but were never updated to work with wiiflow 4 or wiiflow lite. with some work maybe you can get them to work. in their current state they may cause wiiflow crashes. they just need someone to update them.

https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/customization/themes/theme-template - old wiiflow 2.2 wiki. i forgot to add this to wiiflow 4 wiki. anyway this template is really old but it explains a lot for you. and i recommend using notepad++.

Reactions: Drakonman

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I am using wiiflow lite, can you please tell me how can I add emulators like snes, nes etc having games covers? In wich folder have I to put them? Can you explaine me step by step? I am using your app playing wii and gamecube games, and is awesome. But if I can use the emulators too, would be super awesome :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your link, but there is a problem. When I click on the link fot download the abz masterpiece pack it send me to this page http://nintendont.gxarena.com/MasterPiece/Wiiflow_Pack.html and I am not able to download anything.

Can you please give me a link where I can download it?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z

some of his plugins may be a little old. especially retroarch. but should still work.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z

some of his plugins may be a little old. especially retroarch. but should still work.

Reading the guide is like I have to install the wiiflow channel 1.1, I tried to but it doesn't work on my wiiu vWii, the app freeze. So at the moment I have installed wiiflow lite just on the homebrew channel, I don't have the wiiflow channel installed because not work.

So, I have my wiiflow lite with wii and gamecube games and I have this plugins.... what have I to do to let this plugins work?

Sorry for asking you so many question but it became a fight between me and my wiiu!!! :)

Thanks

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the wiki page i linked. just follow steps 1 and 2 then skip down to 'adding roms and covers'.

whenever you add roms and/or covers you will need to start wiiflow lite and goto the 'home menu' and select the option 'select plugins' which takes you to a menu to select the plugins you want to view. so select the one you want and click back or done button. you may have to go to the 'home menu' again and select 'reload cache'. then wfl will read the roms directory and covers directory and update the cover list that you will see on screen.

Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: KiiWii

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
on the wiki page i linked. just follow steps 1 and 2 then skip down to 'adding roms and covers'.

whenever you add roms and/or covers you will need to start wiiflow lite and goto the 'home menu' and select the option 'select plugins' which takes you to a menu to select the plugins you want to view. so select the one you want and click back or done button. you may have to go to the 'home menu' again and select 'reload cache'. then wfl will read the roms directory and covers directory and update the cover list that you will see on screen.

Thanks, but is normal when I click on "select plugins" nothing happen?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but is normal when I click on "select plugins" nothing happen?
that means you don't have any plugins in your dev:/wiiflow/plugns folder. you didn't follow step 2 on that wiki page which says - Extract his wiiflow/plugins/ folder to your root:/wiiflow/plugins/ folder. which means open his mastermod 7zip file you downloaded and scroll down to wiiflow, open it and scroll down to plugins folder, open it and select everything in it. then drag those files out of the 7 zip and drop them in your dev:/wiiflow/plugins folder. now when you run wiiflow lite and goto home menu and choose select plugins you will get a menu with a list of each plugin. put a check mark in the ones you want to view the roms and covers for.

Last edited by fledge68,

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
that means you don't have any plugins in your dev:/wiiflow/plugns folder. you didn't follow step 2 on that wiki page which says - Extract his wiiflow/plugins/ folder to your root:/wiiflow/plugins/ folder. which means open his mastermod 7zip file you downloaded and scroll down to wiiflow, open it and scroll down to plugins folder, open it and select everything in it. then drag those files out of the 7 zip and drop them in your dev:/wiiflow/plugins folder. now when you run wiiflow lite and goto home menu and choose select plugins you will get a menu with a list of each plugin. put a check mark in the ones you want to view the roms and covers for.

Thanks a lot man :)

Now I finally got the source menu with all the consoles, but when I click for example on the snes emulator the system say "roms not found". Obviously I have to set the path for the roms. All my roms are in the usb drive but I can't find any option for setting the path to the roms folder of the emulator. How can I?

Thanks

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot man :)

Now I finally got the source menu with all the consoles, but when I click for example on the snes emulator the system say "roms not found". Obviously I have to set the path for the roms. All my roms are in the usb drive but I can't find any option for setting the path to the roms folder of the emulator. How can I?

Thanks
You need to tell wiiflow lite that your roms are on usb. Start wiiflow lite and goto main settings. On first page choose set partitions then on the menu that opens set plugins default partition to usb and return to main screen.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to tell wiiflow lite that your roms are on usb. Start wiiflow lite and goto main settings. On first page choose set partitions then on the menu that opens set plugins default partition to usb and return to main screen.

Is what I did, but roms not found. Maybe the roms must be in the main directory of the usb drive? Cause wii iso and gamecube iso are easy to find for the system, but for the roms I can't set a route to the roms folder.

Anyway Marry Christmas :)

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France

or maybe I have to prepare specific foulders on the usb?

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I was wondering if this is an appropriate place to ask for some help with WiiFlow Lite. These are my 2 issues:

I just tried a fresh install (with no previous folders) of WiiFlow original, WiiFlow Mastermod and WiiFlow lite. Original WiiFlow loads from the forwarder immediately (WiiFlow loading screen comes up instantly). WiiFlow Mastermod and WiiFlow Lite both show a ~15 second black screen before the WiiFlow loading screen pops up. If I start them with an empty usb drive plugged in they load instantly. The 15 second black screen happens only when there is nothing plugged in to the usb port. Having anything at all plugged in to the usb port makes them load instantly but with an empty usb port there's a 15 second black screen at startup which tells me it's searching for a USB device. It's annoying because every time I back out of a game and return to WiiFlow I have to wait 15 seconds.

I also wanted to ask about the setting to display emunand and real nand at the same time. I can choose "both" which displays both real/emunand at the same time which is great but then if I look at another source and go back the "both" setting has reverted back to the original setting of only showing one at a time. I'm wondering if this is a bug or is it possible to change the setting to stay on "both" always so I don't have to keep changing it every time I look at a different source.

Thanks in advance :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was wondering if this is an appropriate place to ask for some help with WiiFlow Lite. These are my 2 issues:

I just tried a fresh install (with no previous folders) of WiiFlow original, WiiFlow Mastermod and WiiFlow lite. Original WiiFlow loads from the forwarder immediately (WiiFlow loading screen comes up instantly). WiiFlow Mastermod and WiiFlow Lite both show a ~15 second black screen before the WiiFlow loading screen pops up. If I start them with an empty usb drive plugged in they load instantly. The 15 second black screen happens only when there is nothing plugged in to the usb port. Having anything at all plugged in to the usb port makes them load instantly but with an empty usb port there's a 15 second black screen at startup which tells me it's searching for a USB device. It's annoying because every time I back out of a game and return to WiiFlow I have to wait 15 seconds.

I also wanted to ask about the setting to display emunand and real nand at the same time. I can choose "both" which displays both real/emunand at the same time which is great but then if I look at another source and go back the "both" setting has reverted back to the original setting of only showing one at a time. I'm wondering if this is a bug or is it possible to change the setting to stay on "both" always so I don't have to keep changing it every time I look at a different source.

Thanks in advance :)
as for the 15 second delay: does the delay happen when you boot wiiflow lite or master mod from the HBC? if you use a forwarder where did you get each one?

as for "both": how are you changing sources? are you using the source menu or are you using the view icon at the bottom of the screen? i'll look at the code maybe that's a minor code problem.

Reactions: WesMods

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1