Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
In the last year Wiimmfi created much more consoles and profiles than before. Most of them are never used. There are different reasons for it:
* ban circumvention
* random dolphin NANDs
* hunting for nice friend codes with many leading zeros.
For all reasons I implemented the registration limits.

The last point is really a problem. In 2015 we had some consoles with more than 1000 profiles, and one with 5400 (if I remember right). The owners did it to get the nice profiles. But I don't like it and see at as an abuse using of Wiimmfi. And so I disables *all* profiles of the top 3 and removed them from the database.

And now we have 3 consoles wit >1000 profiles again, top is 1800 profiles. I plan a ban again.

To avoid it, I have implemented a nice-fc-stopper:
If the servers is on the way to create a nice friend code, is is simply skipped and the next friend code is used. So it make no longer sense to create much profiles, because Wiimmfi will never again relase a nice friend code!

Another problem are friend codes created by ALTWFC and imported with the PIDtool ar by Wiimmfi portal. Here we have many conflicts, especially at the nice friend codes. I still allow such friend codes as long they are conflict-free. However, most nice FC are already disabled!

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
In the last year Wiimmfi created much more consoles and profiles than before. Most of them are never used. There are different reasons for it:
* ban circumvention
* random dolphin NANDs
* hunting for nice friend codes with many leading zeros.
For all reasons I implemented the registration limits.

The last point is really a problem. In 2015 we had some consoles with more than 1000 profiles, and one with 5400 (if I remember right). The owners did it to get the nice profiles. But I don't like it and see at as an abuse using of Wiimmfi. And so I disables *all* profiles of the top 3 and removed them from the database.

And now we have 3 consoles wit >1000 profiles again, top is 1800 profiles. I plan a ban again.

To avoid it, I have implemented a nice-fc-stopper:
If the servers is on the way to create a nice friend code, is is simply skipped and the next friend code is used. So it make no longer sense to create much profiles, because Wiimmfi will never again relase a nice friend code!

Another problem are friend codes created by ALTWFC and imported with the PIDtool ar by Wiimmfi portal. Here we have many conflicts, especially at the nice friend codes. I still allow such friend codes as long they are conflict-free. However, most nice FC are already disabled!
TBH I never really understood the need for these "nice" friend codes. I never actually had a different FC for any of my games once the FCs were generated. Please don't ban me, I've never done any of these things or abused Wiimmfi.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
New profile creation limits

The profile creation limits are stronger now. For each console it is:
2/day, 3/2 days, 5/week and 10/month. Before it was 2/day only.

Consoles of Wiimmfi users have higher limits:
3/day, 7/week and 12/month. Before it was 2/6h only.

Nice FC (the codes with may leading zeros like 0000-0000-1234) are not longer created by Wiimmfi. They are also not longer accepted as import from PIDtool. So hunting for nice FC is unsuccessful from now on.

Last edited by Wiimm,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure - are we allowed to use 100% save files available online (or Gecko codes) for the purpose of unlocking all characters/racetracks in MKWii?

Last edited by CeeDee,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I'm not sure - are we allowed to use 100% save files available online (or Gecko codes) for the purpose of unlocking all characters/racetracks in MKWii?
Use the codes - savegame usage would be banned.
As long as they dont like permaset you to 9999VR (i.e. they can but dont leave them on so you're on 9999VR all the time) you'll be fine.

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Import of old PIDs by »Wiipid extractor« or by »Wiimmfi portal« is not longer supported.

The old methods to use a Nintendo generated Profile ID are not longer supported. The both methods were:
* Wiipid extractor
* Wiimmfi Portal / settings page.
The reason: Abusive use of Wiipid extractor to import hacked Profile IDs (PIDs).

There is already a first alternative:
Clear your profile ID and connect to Wiimmfi. Then you get a new, unique and clean profile id. The following cheat code does it for you:
* http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Clear_Profile_ID
A tool for easier handling is also planned.

And with this announcement I disable all invalid/hacked profile IDs. Until now I disabled only some hacked profile ids, when at least 2 or more persons claimed it. But with this alternative, no license is lost.

The about 3 millions from Nintendo servers retrieved profiles are still active. Also all profile ids in the Nintendo range imported by the Wiipid extractor.

EdnaMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently running into the following bugs in MKWii:

Using patched ISO or Mr. Bean's disc patcher, ghosts cannot be downloaded from Ghosts in MK Channel. The game freezes.

Using CTGP, I cannot send Ghost Challenges. The game freezes.

Using any patching method, downloading Rival or World Champion ghosts results in error 10331.

Off-topic note: There's a banner that pops up in the MKC saying Receive Mario Kart Channel updates? The thing is that this banner only pops up when you don't patch the game. Why is that?

Wiimm

Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for accidentally banning players of world wide!

Internally, worldwide is handled as region -1. Because of a mistake at the new interface (enabled param printed with identity %u as 18446744073709551615, but scanned as -1), ww was disabled accidentally. I saw it in the night, but I haven't any chance to fix before the morning.

It was an hidden bug in the new websites. I selected Nintendo regions and some others. Then I edited a custom region. While scanning the enabled value for worldwide, the bug becomes relevant and worldwide was disabled.

Then I got a longer PM as reaction of above message at another forum. I'm angry about the educational flair of the PM. Extract:
.... missing of param "enabled-1" ..... test server ..... 24/7 .....

1.) Don't forget, that this is a private project. I'm not payed. So there is no 24 hours and 7 days per week service!!

2.) Yes, I have a test server and I usually test all new code at the test server before transferring it to the product server. And this code was also tested at the test server first. But I can't test all combinations of input for all situations. Overall, Wiimmfi is very stable, and more stable than some services of multi million dollar companies!

3.) About HTML checkboxes:
If not checked, the param is simply absent. So the input scanner has no chance to find out, why the enabled button is not set (not checked or wrong name).

Last edited by Wiimm,

EdnaMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for accidentally banning players of world wide!

Internally, worldwide is handled as region -1. Because of a mistake at the new interface (enabled param printed with identity %u as 18446744073709551615, but scanned as -1), ww was disabled accidentally. I saw it in the night, but I haven't any chance to fix before the morning.

It was an hidden bug in the new websites. I selected Nintendo regions and some others. Then I edited a custom region. While scanning the enabled value for worldwide, the bug becomes relevant and worldwide was disabled.

Then I got a longer PM as reaction of above message at another forum. I'm angry about the educational flair of the PM. Extract:

1.) Don't forget, that this is a private project. I'm not payed. So there is no 24 hours and 7 days per week service!!

2.) Yes, I have a test server and I usually test all new code at the test server before transferring it to the product server. And this code was also tested at the test server first. But I can't test all combinations of input for all situations. Overall, Wiimmfi is very stable, and more stable than some services of multi million dollar companies!

3.) About HTML checkboxes:
If not checked, the param is simply absent. So the input scanner has no chance to find out, why the enabled button is not set (not checked or wrong name).

Can you comment on the bugs I found please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.