Misc Wiimmfi Dolphin Emulator Requirements?

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I activated my Wii NAND for Wiimmfi and I am now able to play. But I have been reading up on bans (obvious things not to do during races on Mario Kart Wii) and I found out people (dolphin emulator users) were banned for lag. I can only assume its primarily from their FPS.

Here are my Specs:

7th gen AMD A10-9600P APU w/ RADEON R5 Graphics
8 GBs of RAM (7.47 usable)
2.40 GHz

Crammed ALL in a HP Notebook. Lel.
But as all of this, it run Dolphin 60 FPS 100% of the time. I tried it on Grand Prix and the same thing, but there are very occasional stutters that make it go down to 98% and sometimes 96%. Will this at all effect me playing in the race, if so, what should I do?

Also, before anyone asks, I have maxed out my Dolphin Settings for performance. (Any other tips would be great). Its also good to note that I have tried iShiiruka's Dolphin Emulator, but no change whatsoever.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted member 398281

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even with a really good pc you probably won't get there. It's not about your specs, but your internet speeds. Let's say you will have 59 FPS most of the time in online races (It's online, takes away a few FPS) and you're in a race that takes 3 minutes. This means that you'll be faster 1/60 of a second, every second. And that means you'll be 1 sec. faster in a minute and 3 seconds faster in a whole race. With this, you'll probably be banned. However, you can take it and just try it out.
I found this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-how-to-play-wii-games-online-with-wiimfi-patcher-on-dolphin
Note, however, that all Dolpin users are banned and if you use your own NAND and you'll be banned with Dolphin, you'll be banned on your actual wii as well.

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay. Thanks for telling me this. So just be fully clear, people who play wiimmfi on dolphin emulator mostly because its about their internet speed?

MrFake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I just tested it out with two different races and.... It works PERFECTLY. I get the right place at the end of the race (1st, 2nd ,3rd) and absolutely NO lag, Which is kind of strange because even in grand prix I experience even the littlest of lag. Thanks everyone! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended