Homebrew Will A Micro SD Card Work For Homebrew?

Maxx182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or will an 8gb SDHC card work too?
Can't seem to find my 2gb...

I'm not tech savvy so I'm just following a tutorial from "Jack Sorell" on Youtube, if anyone has an official guide of some sort, please let me know.

Wolfer473

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or will an 8gb SDHC card work too?
Can't seem to find my 2gb...

I'm not tech savvy so I'm just following a tutorial from "Jack Sorell" on Youtube, if anyone has an official guide of some sort, please let me know.

The micro SD card should work just fine as long as your using an adapter so it will fit into the Wii U's SD card slot. Both types of cards hold data basically the same way.

The also the SD card size doesn't matter, I use a 64 Gig SDXC card.

Last edited by Wolfer473,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The micro SD card should work just fine as long as your using an adapter so it will fit into the Wii U's SD card slot. Both types of cards hold data basically the same way.

The also the SD card size doesn't matter, I use a 64 Gig SDHC card.
I hope you meant SDXC.. if your 64gb says SDHC, you have a major fake.

Reactions: LaPingas

Maxx182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The also the SD card size doesn't matter, I use a 64 Gig SDHC card.
Don't I need to create a partition, or just leave it as is?

MajoraAKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Last edited by MajoraAKC,

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use EaseUS partition manager. I delete the partition then set it as primary FAT32. Then format it again for 32kb. Not sure if the second step automatically makes it 32kb so I just do it anyway because it only takes a few more seconds.

Technically you can stack the steps an it'll do it all at once, but I prefer to do them individually.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work for wii u, but wii is a different thing, you might find that if you try to load wii homebrew like usbloader gx or some other homebrews with your micro sd, they wont work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the highest capacity a Wii U will read on an SD Card?
I believe 256gb, as long as its fat32

Reactions: showdownx

showdownx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe 256gb, as long as its fat32[/QUOTE]

Hey Wicksand, thanks for that answer.

Hey everyone, I having an issue using two USB HDD's on the Wii U at the same time. I have a dedicated USB HDD for the Wii U games on the Wii U side, but when I go to the vWii side of things where all my Wii and GameCube games are located, it's starting to have issues, the game won't load. I am using Ustealth and it giving me the same problem. My only way around this is to have one USB HDD connected at a time then my Wii and GameCube games works fine. However I want to keep them both connected without having to reconnect and connect all the time. Is there a way I can do that?

Reactions: wicksand420

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always had problems with my Wii U reading my microSD card. I had to swap the files between it and a regular SD card to solve it.

It still worked on the microSD card, but don't expect miracles (or a little bonus).

_davvid_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I don't want to start another thread, I have a question. Right now I'm using a 16gb sd card for homebrew, if I want to use another one of 32gb, can I justo copy/paste the files from one sd to another? thanks! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it