Gaming Will the Switch get a "Mario Kart 9"?

Do you think the Switch will get a "Mario Kart 9"?

• Yes

• No

• No idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure they will not be another Mario Kart game on Switch, unless there was some seriously new dynamics, it would just feel like a cash grab, MK8D is a pretty incredible package.

Prizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I reckon there will be MK9 on Switch, but probably not for 18+ months. MK8D is just an easy money-making port to beef up the Switch's early library.
"Only one Mario Kart per console" is a rule for a unique Kart game. MK8D is a port, not a brand new game. The Wii U had THREE Mario Kart games... two were ports. Ports don't count.

I think we'll see more Wii U game ports since their sales were severely stunted due to the Wii U console. It's a crime to let those games collect dust and it'd be very wise of Nintendo to release them over time to fill out the Switch library and let those games experience the sales and exposure they deserved.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they called it Mario Kart 9 and placed emphasis on Battle mode and double items would you notice? I suspect they could even strip out many of the tracks to bring the number back down and
Yep, I reckon there will be MK9 on Switch, but probably not for 18+ months. MK8D is just an easy money-making port to beef up the Switch's early library.
"Only one Mario Kart per console" is a rule for a unique Kart game. MK8D is a port, not a brand new game. The Wii U had THREE Mario Kart games... two were ports. Ports don't count.

I think we'll see more Wii U game ports since their sales were severely stunted due to the Wii U console. It's a crime to let those games collect dust and it'd be very wise of Nintendo to release them over time to fill out the Switch library and let those games experience the sales and exposure they deserved.
The other two Wii U MK games were VC titles iirc that could never be mistaken for a system seller.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we may see such a game, but if they do, I'd like to see it do something really special. Keep in mind that if the Switch got another Mario Kart game, it would be the first Nintendo system to receive 2 Mario Kart games built for the system (even if one is an enhanced port).

So with that in mind, if the Switch gets a Mario Kart 9, I'd like it to have a modern day "lock-on technology" similar to what Sonic & Knuckles could do with Sonic 2 or Sonic 3. If you have a digital copy of MK8 Deluxe, it'd be cool if Mario Kart 9 could integrate itself into that game and MK8 Deluxe could integrate into Mario Kart 9 to collectively make one large game known maybe as Mario Kart 9 Deluxe. I believe that 8 and 9 would need to have something uniquely different between the two titles to justify its existence beyond just being more DLC for MK8 Deluxe. So as an example, perhaps MK9 would be like the MK8 mechanics meets the Double Dash experience in that every kart would have 2 racers and you'd see the return of the special items based on your racers. On its own, MK9 would be only the Double Dash formula, but if you have MK8 Deluxe, the 2 games share all their features. So now you could play all the MK8 courses with the Double Dash formula, or you could now play the new MK9 courses in the traditional single racer mode of MK8. That of course would be coupled with sharing all the racers, karts, battle maps, and most importantly race tracks between the 2 titles. I would love to see something unique like that.

However, if all MK9 ends up as being nothing more than just more MK8, then I'd rather they just integrate all the new tracks, racers and karts into 8 as DLC and not make a separate new game.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest I just wrote down a random name, didn't knew there was a rumor about it, Kek.
Nintendo Fusion was a rumor long ago, when NX just got announced (not the switch)
It was actually two console
Fusion DS
Fusion Terminal
as you may have guessed, Fusion DS was portable, Fusion Terminal was a home console
Also, there would be games where you can unlock features if you own the other console

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't even see how people can think it'll get another MK. If you want new stuff, I don't see why any sane dev (that is not part of EA lol) would republish a game which would be exactly the same in terms of graphics and physics. Just update it or put some DLC. And if "bleh buttt Mayrro Kratt Wiii is da bestt Mrio Karr 8 is garbajje" shut up and return to your 2008 game.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't even see how people can think it'll get another MK. If you want new stuff, I don't see why any sane dev (that is not part of EA lol) would republish a game which would be exactly the same in terms of graphics and physics. Just update it or put some DLC. And if "bleh buttt Mayrro Kratt Wiii is da bestt Mrio Karr 8 is garbajje" shut up and return to your 2008 game.
2008? oh noes
the best mario kart game is the very first one released on SNES

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Ancientboi at it again. +1