The change has been submitted

My dear Vulpes, I wish you the best of luck
The decisions you make keep the forum alive
For the better, or the worst
Keep this forum out of the hearse

~A poem dedicated to one who has always been dedicated

Ah fuck, that's more than 50 words.
frown.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. I read limit, and thought exactly that.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What you should do, is first place gets to pick the card. Then second place gets to pick between the remaining two, and third gets the card remaining. That way nobody ends up with a double of a card they have.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Who to write about.....well, I'll just roll through staff I know of and have seen posts from and such.

Vulpes Abnocto seems to always be around when he's needed. Whenever an emergency mod is needed late at night (well, late PST), Vulpes appears to always be one of the few ready to take action. I enjoy the dedication towards keeping the forums running clean and well. His posts can also be pretty fun to read. Being one of few mods I've actually had any communication with, I gotta say, he's awesome.

FAST: Holy crap lots of tech knowledge. Without FAST around, I'm not sure where many of our members would end up. That is some incredible knowledge to pass on to people in many subjects. If there's a technology related question that needs answering, you can be sure that FAST will be there to clear things up. It is fantastic seeing somebody with so much know how being around.

It's all I've got for now. I don't communicate with staff too terribly often for the most part, even the staff that post a lot.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to dedicate this to FAST6191. Although his post are always extremely long, they are very detailed and always have the correct information. I have learned so much from his posts, mainly about the 360, but also about other consoles as well. Even though he probably isn't 12 years old, he's still a really cool guy and an awesome staff member here on GBAtemp.

EDIT: Typo.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh.. it's a bit of a read. So to regular members and everything, you might not want to read it as it's so frickin long.

To OP: Make sure you have time to read it, it's a long one.

----

Honestly, I've been meaning to write out a post to the staff for a while, I just never got around to it I suppose. One of those things that I forgot to do. So why not do it now right?

This is for the whole staff to read. But that's not to say some of the members aren't awesome as well. It's actually mainly about all of GBAtemp, with the mods getting the spotlight.

I've been on forum boards since 2002 or so. I've been on my fair share. I've been on AdventChildren.net back in the day, AlternateAdventChildren.net me and a friend started after AC.net went to shit. I've been on KHI for the longest time racking up more than 11,000 posts, I've been on GameTrailers forums too. And while you may think that this site isn't really all that different from those, it actually is.

On all of those forums, the staff has been lackluster. They never really took their job seriously. They'd abuse their powers, or not use them at all. They'd play favorites. Rarely delete posts and close threads. Those sites went to crap because it was nothing but flamewar after flamewar after flamewar. Or if you spoke bad about one thing, the staff would single you out and basically put you on the blacklist, and then you'd be posting with a target on your chest and they'd find some way to ridicule you whether it by editing your posts or changing your username or signature or profile details.

I was reluctant to join GBAtemp at first, I'll admit. The first flashcard I had was an R4 SDHC that I received as a Xmas gift about 2-3 years ago. And I didn't know a thing about flashcards. I didn't know what .nds was, I didn't know a thing about patching. Hell I didn't even know what "root" meant. I thought I had the top of the line card. Then Mario and Luigi 3 came out. And all of a sudden, I couldn't play it. I googled "how to get Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story to work on R4SDHC", and it lead me here.

I'll admit, at first, I didn't know a thing about this site. I thought it was just one of those forums that becomes cluttered and threads disappear within a day. A site where the staff pretty much lets everything goes. And to be honest, I haven't had the best history with the staff of sites. Mainly because they never paid any attention to the members when it came to suggestions, or complaints, or anything like that. And maybe that's how the staff of GBAtemp actually is behind closed doors, they're all laughing at us, but the thing is they don't go out of their way to make someone look like a dumbass or a retard like other forums I've been on.

When I first joined, I was reluctant to post. I thought I'd just make an account, and then I would forget all about this site unless I needed a hack to play the latest games on my R4 SDHC. And it was like that for a couple months or so, I won't lie. Then one night, I decided to log on, and I seen a thread where a bunch of mods was posting. I was impressed, and felt like I could really fit in here. I gave it a shot, and wouldn't you know, 3000+ posts later, here I am still, posting, and loving the site.

The one thing that I love most about the staff is simple: they don't play favorites. Which is what I found to be the case with the previous forums I was on. Let's be honest, on forums, there's always someone who's popular, who can get away with everything, and when reported, the staff "warns" them. I put that in quotations because I mean it in a sarcastic way. And, at least in my mind, this site has it's fair share of "cool people", like Monkat (no hard feelings brahski, you're just an example, everybody loves you). Even if he does something wrong, the staff actually punishes him. They put all of us members on equal grounds, nobody gets treated special, nobody gets treated worse, everybody is equal.

I haven't exactly done a whole lot to help this site out. Though when ShopTemp was actually selling stuff, I was a huge contributor and helped raise a lot of sales. Not the highest, but a lot more than the average user on here. Which was odd for me, because usually I never really take part in that sort of stuff. But I felt that I wanted to help GBAtemp going, help keep it the way it is. It was the least I could do.

When it comes to the staff, I haven't really associated with all of them, or any of them a whole lot. I just follow the rules (well I try to at least), and I try to have a good time. When I first spoke with Vulpes, I thought "oh great, here's someone who's obviously older than me, and is going to talk down to me as if I'm a child". But that wasn't the case at all. Sure he spoke more maturely than me, but that's just because of me, I'm not the most mature person ever. Or p1ngp0ng when I complained to him about a certain member (who to this day I have ignored and choose to ignore) multiple times. He didn't tell me "you know what, get over it. Stop pm'ing me".

I'm being completely serious here, the staff of gbatemp is probably the best staff that I've encountered. They do an amazing job in keeping the boards clean, and an amazing job in bringing the members happiness, fun, and all of us together. I was a mod on KHI, so I know how hard it is to keep boards clean, to keep deleting posts, threads, and everything, and have people complain about you. And the fact that I haven't had any problem with a staff member yet (I'm not afraid to speak out and complain and bring problems to the attention of all the members), just shows how amazing of a job I think they're doing.

So heres to the staff *raises pint of beer*.

You guys are doing one hell of a job. You guys have impressed and continue to impress me each and every day. And here's to hoping that you guys continue to do an amazing job in making this the best site I've ever been part of.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blush.gif

Urm...you guys shouldn't be writing about me.
With so many other excellent people around here to choose from there's surely a better subject.
p1ngpong for Super Admin.
Do I need to remind you guys of Densetsu9000?
Toni Plutonij?
Costello?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Um.... I don't know of any mods, so I'll just make something up.

Uh... To the mods of this site, I dedicate tomorrow's breakfast to you. I shall take a picture of this breakfast and lovingly edit it into this post. if I can, I'll photoshop it to look like a cat. Or maybe a low-brand R4i3D SDHC Gold PS1 Extreme. Whatever that is.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Um.... I don't know of any mods, so I'll just make something up.
There's your problem. The mods are people too. It doesn't take much to get to know someone either.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
For my favourite staff member, Another World,
who made me feel young again.
With my fervent hope that when you're
old enough to read my stories, you will
have had (or still be in the midst of)
an ideal childhood -- as different from
the one described here as anyone
could imagine.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I hope this is allowed. I made a post a while back praising all members, because without members the site would be nothing. Well, here we go.

Well to start off, the site we all know as GBAtemp is amazing, and is usually where I hang out most of the time I'm on the computer. If I need to know something, the first place I check is here. Anyway, this is nor a rant, "I'm leaving the Temp", or a "What's going on in my life" thread. Today, I'd like to discuss the backbone of GBAtemp. Basically, users on the Temp find a piece of information, and or ask questions based on knowledge that other users know, or can quickly Google it. The amount of resources available on the Temp is astounding, along with the helpful users, and dedicated Moderators. GBAtemp, has became my new "There's a App for that " website. Every time my friends have a issue, whether it be for the computer, Wii, DSi, XBOX 360, or PSP. Even for iDevices. (I threw that one in there for you iFish.) Friendships, have been created even without physical contact, or peripherals that might block judgment. Everything on the Temp is of great importance. Just think, if we didn't have "Trolls" then eventually we might forget a small detail that could affect a widespread of devices, or create a wrong picture in the minds of Tempers. Debates, cause people to research what there debating for, to use against debaters of the opposite opinion. Which causes them to retain information, that they may then share with others wondering the same thing. The EoF is a great place also, it's primarily comprised of funny joke, pictures, and words that help the life's of many people. Even if you didn't know, some little things can create a big difference in the life's of others. The EoF, can help a person experiencing alot of stress, feel more relaxed by laughing at a joke, or a funny picture. Each Moderator, on GBAtemp was chosen to occupy that position because they were thought to be the best candidates, and from what I've seen so far that decision was very wise. Well, this ends my whatever this is....

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to dedicate my thingy-majig to Another World, he's really great.

After all the time I have been here I have ALWAYS been intrigued and amazed at Another World's professional posts. Always helpful, and always nice to people. I see why he's the head of the Mag Staff -- the professionalism of every piece of work is not to be overlooked.

Another thanks I would like to give it to FAST6191, for mostly the same reasons. Always super helpful and OH MAN, the help I get on GBA stuff that nobody else could give... thanks man! He's into the same stuff I am into, too, electronics-wise and such, and damn he knows SO MUCH more than me. Thanks for all the awesome links to stuff (LOLWUT? I CAN MAKE MY OWN GB FLASHCART?!?!?).
happy.gif

@ FlashX007: Thanks Bro.
happy.gif
I hope I can get my battery and charger back soon... I can't believe my sister lost them, I mean WTF who goes losing other people's camera shit and then refuses to replace it? >_>

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I would like to dedicate the next few lines to FAST6191. He is always willing to help somebody with a romhacking problem. All of his explanations normally are big paragraphs, but hey, I love all that info. These explanations are always detailed and accurate, you can do something even if you don't know anything about hacking, showing how good the content is. Also, he does it in a very good way, does not sound like a guy with god complex because of knowing these things, he is such a really cool, but normal guy. And after reading all those paragraphs, you realize it was only a short explanation.

FAST, if you read this, know that I am very grateful of your long long posts and keep being like that
wink.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
FgAST.png

FAST6191, you have a fantastic function in the faculty force. You are fiery and feisty like fire. Frequently first to find the final figure, and frequently finds fascinating facts to furnish to the forgathered fellows. You figure out fresh, and functional features for all to find fun from. Your fastidious focus to factual factors makes your facts frequently flawless. You are fairly factual and not fanciful, fluent and not flustered, firm and not fluctuating, favorable and not fake, fit and not feeble, and finally; fast. You are a favorite to a fair fraction and a friend to the friendly.

So now I must say that I, KB, look up to you with the highest regard and am highly inspired by your knowledge.[/p]
It's going to be difficult to do this kind of thing with two word names though.. XD.. maybe I'll do a Costello one on this format. Or maybe even an long Another World or Densetsu9000 one.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to dedicate my story to a great staff member. Costello!

What nobody knows about this account that I've had for 2 years is that it was made with a spam e-mail(you may cast your stones now
sad.gif
). I thought nothing of it until a couple weeks ago I decided to try and fix this. I logged out of my account. At that time I realized that I completely forgot my Login password from not having to deal with it for two years. The reason for making the account was that forgot the password to the account that belonged to my real e-mail(you may cast your second wave of stones
sad.gif
). At a loss for what to do, I saw a link that would help me retrieve the password for the account that was attached to my real e-mail. Once I retrieved my e-mail, I logged into the account that hasn't been touched in years and felt depressed and wanted my DarkSeed account. With nowhere else to turn I contacted Costello hoping that he could somehow change my DarkSeed account to my real e-mail address. I wasn't sure if what I was asking could be done so I was a bit on edge waiting for the reply. I left the internet for a couple hours and when I came back I got an e-mail saying it was done! I was so happy to see that I had my account back.
smile.gif

Once again, thank you Costello!
yay.gif

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ShadowSoldier said:
What you should do, is first place gets to pick the card. Then second place gets to pick between the remaining two, and third gets the card remaining. That way nobody ends up with a double of a card they have.
Thats what I wrote up when I was about to post this thread, but to avoid any complications I didnt.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Jun 5 2011, 09:02 AM) Will you be shipping all the way to Asia, Bahrain?? :wtf:
I am aware of the horrible postal services in certain countries, but I have no problem shipping anywhere in the world with the 3 exceptions I mentioned. Brazil, Mexico and Italy.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I would like to dedicate the next few lines to Costello,

O Costello how we respect thee with all our heart,
Avatar ferocious, just like a king, the king of temp.
O Costello when I say the name of thee,
Reminds me of Costa Coffee,
Coffee so energetic that sends shivers down ones spine,
Very effect thee brings with his presence on the forums.
O Costello stay the ferocious Lion you are.

O Costello, we salute you!

costellosalute.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1