Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play Pokémon Diamond with this and transfer my Pokémon to SuMo?
Kind of. You cannot use 3dsemume to do so, it is severely outdated and you should use twloader alongside the bundled nds bootstrap. You can play through diamond on that without needing a DS cartridge. In addition to this, if you own a legit Pokemon gen 5 cartridge, you can load the diamond save on PC, use twlsavetool to transfer your gen 5 save to your PC, and use melonds to emulate a transfer. Next, just load the save back onto the cartridge with twlsavetool and just use Pokemon transfer. It's long but it works.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: Ecko3351

Ecko3351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of. You cannot use 3dsemume to do so, it is severely outdated and you should use twloader alongside the bundled ndd bootstrap. You can play through diamond on that without needing a DS cartridge. In addition to this, if you own a legit Pokemon gen 5 cartridge, you can load the diamond save on PC, use twlsavetool to transfer your gen 5 save to your PC, and use melonds to emulate a transfer. Next, just load the save back onto the cartridge with twlsavetool and just use Pokemon transfer. It's long but it works.

I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this thread be locked? TWLoader/nds-bootstrap has superceded this in basically every way. This is bordering on rxTools level insanity.
Corbenik does admitadely have its use for devs. It had many toggle able options luma simply cannot give. It's not for most people, but it means something. The same goes for 3desmume. Sure twloader is better from a game user's perspective, but people interested in how it works and how to work on it still have something here. It's interesting, and quite unique. This thread shouldn't be closed just so people can still comment and discuss about it, even if it is outdated.

Last edited by Giodude,

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corbenik does admitadely have its use for devs. It had many toggle able options luma simply cannot give. It's not for most people, but it means something. The same goes for 3desmume. Sure twloader is better from a game user's perspective, but people interested in how it works and how to work on it still have something here. It's interesting, and quite unique. This thread shouldn't be closed just so people can still comment and discuss about it, even if it is outdated.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

ackrocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok chances are this has already been asked and answers but im not reading through 7 pages of replies but will this require cfw of will it run off homebrew

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok chances are this has already been asked and answers but im not reading through 7 pages of replies but will this require cfw of will it run off homebrew
Actually, it runs without cfw. This isn't really meant to bed playable though. It was an experiment that has been rendered obsolete due to a great cfw alternative. If you want to test games for the hell of it, it has a 3dsx version.

D

Deleted User

I tried using this on a New 2DS XL. It's stuck on this black screen with a square of white in the corner. Is there any fixes? It happens on boot. (Sorry if this was already discussed).

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using this on a New 2DS XL. It's stuck on this black screen with a square of white in the corner. Is there any fixes? It happens on boot. (Sorry if this was already discussed).
Tell me you're whole setup. If you're running b9s, or is it's being launched from the hbl on a vanilla console.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using b9s on a CFW New 2DS XL
In that case, if you are indeed aware of how twloader is superior to this Homebrew in nearly all aspects, are you using the 3dsx version or the CIA version? If it's the 3dsx version there might be some incompatibility with the Rosalina launcher. Using the CIA will probably fix it.

D

Deleted User

In that case, if you are indeed aware of how twloader is superior to this Homebrew in nearly all aspects, are you using the 3dsx version or the CIA version? If it's the 3dsx version there might be some incompatibility with the Rosalina launcher. Using the CIA will probably fix it.
I know TWloader is better, I just want to mess around with this. I'm using a cia version.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know TWloader is better, I just want to mess around with this. I'm using a cia version.
In that case, try the 3dsx version, as I'm pretty sure it's more optimized for the regular hbl, but it should work well with Rosalina too. Otherwise I've got no clue. I tried.

Last edited by Giodude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?