ROM Hack [WIP] 3DS Fan Translation Projects List and Discussion

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this belongs here, but since you got uncenor and whatnot.

[WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-story-of-seasons-trio-of-towns-true-love-edition-patch.465917/

Unlike with Harvest Moon DS Cute or Story of Seasons Trio of Towns Hamtaro restoration or restoration patches for Fire Emblem Fates focused on restoring just the pairings cut by the overseas versions, this doesn't restore something that was cut or censored.
Not even the Japanese version has this.
It's not even restoring unused text. The new content is completely fan-made.

So it would be a fan romhack, not an uncensor/undub or a translation. And considering there are so many (especially Smash) and with varying quality that can't be classified as clearly as translations (full/partial/menu), their section on this topic will no longer be updated. It's a legacy holdover from when 3DS mods were first possible and people excited about its possibilities, but that novelty factor from 2013/2014 is now gone, and it has never been the focus of this thread.

Sorry to ask here, but has anyone followed Headmasta001's progress with the Kunio 3DS games? I ask because he hasn't been on here since January, and apparently he was tackling the Japan-only titles, for which there are a handful. Some have even been requested on this forum.

I'm sure sending him a PM asking progress won't help if he's not been here in over two months...

If you have any info or link to these or EX Troopers or any project done outside this site, then by all means please share those (even through PM if the site is a bit too seedy to be publicly mentioned over here)

Last edited by GHANMI,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: samcambolt270

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I make a translation request?

I suspect many don't know about this game. The NDS got a sort of Animal Crossing/Harry Potter mashup called Enchanted Folk or Magician's Quest.

A 3DS one was made in Japanese only called Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Machi.

Here's a nice writeup on it: http://ladiesgamers.com/about-games/review-tongari-boushi-to-mahou-no-machi/
You probably meant to post that here. https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-3ds-translation-request-topic.380178/

Reactions: samcambolt270

JV1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need an English translation for Tomodachi Life(Japanese and Korean versions). Regional differences in content, but fun in the same.

The Korean version only gives me question blocks(since I got it from freeShop) and the Japanese version needs to be in English(since the DS version from 2009 was already fan translated).

Last edited by JV1986,
Reactions: justneet

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need an English translation for Tomodachi Life(Japanese and Korean versions). Regional differences in content, but fun in the same.

The Korean version only gives me question blocks(since I got it from freeShop) and the Japanese version needs to be in English(since the DS version from 2009 was already fan translated).
Non-Korean 3DS doesn't have Korean fonts. You need to play on Korean 3DS or Korean EmuNAND/region changed 3DS.

JV1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Non-Korean 3DS doesn't have Korean fonts. You need to play on Korean 3DS or Korean EmuNAND/region changed 3DS.
I tried to find a Korean CTRtransfer download, but its long since gone from 3ds.guide's site. If only I knew where one can be found?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to find a Korean CTRtransfer download, but its long since gone from 3ds.guide's site. If only I knew where one can be found?
No. People usually just make their own. I don't think the guide ever had one, but I could be wrong. There are several people around that has Korean EmuNAND. Maybe someone will make a CTRNAND.

JV1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. People usually just make their own. I don't think the guide ever had one, but I could be wrong. There are several people around that has Korean EmuNAND. Maybe someone will make a CTRNAND.
Ah. I see. Yeah, I could get the three main CtrTransfer files, but Korean just wont work. Even the busted Google robot pic says it all. "File not found".

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I see. Yeah, I could get the three main CtrTransfer files, but Korean just wont work. Even the busted Google robot pic says it all. "File not found".
I've never seen a Korean CTRNAND file in the Guide, but I never looked for it until beginning of this year. It's not that hard to make a Korean EmuNAND. I used NUS, but it's probably easier with the 9.0 CIA files from iso site. I did it on a 6.0 2DS so that made it easier. I just had to update instead of downgrading.

Why do you need a Korean version? Are you working on a translation from Korean to English? I don't think there are any Korean games that aren't in English already, but I could be wrong.

I just remembered there's MapleStory, but that's been translated already. I guess there are others I don't know about.

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, this is not the translation request thread.
Posting outside of that thread gives your replies a lot less visibility and likelihood to be helped.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Defunct

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Koro-sensei Daihouimou / Assassination Classroom 3DS
Alien Game, Namco Bandai, 2014 (JP)
Licensed anime 3DS/eShop game

Language: English (WIP), Spanish (WIP), German (Planned) | Link
Team: Mustache Stone Studio