Slimfr01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I currently working on a Homebrew to register all your amiibo collection and browsing all existing amiibo like a kind of virtual collector album.
For now the application can only read data for yours amiibo.

The application is currently in a test phase you can try it and give your feedback.

Note :
Even if someone found a way to do this, I don't want to add an option to use amiibo backup on blank nfc tag. This application is focusing on collector album and nothing more.

Roadmap to the v1.0 :
- Characters and variants recognition
- GUI for top screen and some sounds
- GUI for bottom-screen and catalog of every amiibo
- Touch controls
- Saving the list of possessed amiibos by scanning them
- Auto-update for amiibo data
- Filters for the catalog
- Multi-language ( Firstly only in English and French )
- Maybe some relief effect
- e-Manual

Changelog :

amiibo Collection can now retrieve the collection, series and type of scanned amiibo. ( only current collections and series )

Correction of an issue with the title id and update of the version of build tools

Latest release :
https://github.com/Slimfr01/amiibo-Collection/releases

Source code :
https://github.com/Slimfr01/amiibo-Collection/

Last edited by Slimfr01,

Slimfr01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This script is only a portion of the app to detect the amiibo ( which character, series ... ).
The application will be in a first time only to check which amiibo you had and browse trough information of all existing amiibo. ( like this android application )

I plan to add a system to store the amiibo savedata but it's not a priority.

Slimfr01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this looks interesting, how exactly would a game detect the amiibo?

Isn't very hard :
all data are on a public region of the nfc tag, with these data they can choose to detect a particular amiibo or a wide range.

For example with Mario :

For all mario released and future : Mario is on the collection 00 ( Mario Bros Characters ) and have the 00 number on this collection.

So Mario Kart 8 that look for any Mario Character ( including dr. Mario, Classic Mario ... ) will unlock mario costume when they detect an amiibo with collection 00 and characterID 00.

Dr. Mario had the variant number "01" so Smash bros brawl will look for the variant number to make the difference between Dr. Mario and all other Mario.

Some amiibo with color variant can only be differentiated with the amiiboID, unique to each kind of amiibo, like for Gold Mario with Silver Mario and with the regular Super Mario Bros Series Mario, so if a game want to unlock different content they must look at this id ( like Mario Party 10 or Super Mario Maker ).

They are also a number that indicate the type of amiibo ( currently only figure, card and plush ) and a number for the series so if a game want to give a bonus for all plush amiibo, or for all yarn yoshi or for all "Smash bros series" amiibo they can too.

So if a game want to provide a bonus for a future hypothetical Plush Dr. Mario they can look right now for (collection:00,character:00,variant:01,form:02)

I need this since i dont have amiibo or amiiqo. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding but isn't for piracy, what I plan for this application is just a kind of collector album.

Last edited by Slimfr01,
Reactions: wownmnpare
D

Deleted User

I really like the banner and boot sound! Anyway, here are my results.

Old 3DS Test Results:
Application appears to work fine. Running Luma3DS 6.6 under A9LH v3 on 11.2.0-35U. Homebrew splash screen appears normally, then it starts scanning for an amiibo. When the NFC Reader/Writer is sat in place, it starts reading data from it. When an amiibo is tapped, it displays the correct data. I can then remove that amiibo, it realizes that, and I can scan another one with no problems. I can move the NFC Reader/Writer out of place with no problems. When I place an amiibo on the NFC Reader/Writer base and keep it there then move it into range, there are no problems. I scanned 27 amiibos with no problems.
Upon pressing the Home button, it returns to the home menu. After re-entering the application, everything works normally. I then opened Miiverse, Notifications, and the Internet browser, then returned to the application. Everything still worked normally! I could not find a single problem no matter what I did. :yay3ds:

2DS Test Results:

Same as Old 3DS, except running Luma3DS 6.6-1eb18c17.

New 3DS XL Test Results:

Application does not boot. Running Luma3DS 6.6-1eb18c17 under A9LH v3 on 11.2.0-35U. Doesn't even get to Homebrew splash screen :(
Code:
FATAL ERROR
PID : 0x00040030_00008F02
REV : 61806
AID : 0xFFFFFFFF_FFFFFFFF
ADR : 0x00229350
RSL : 0xC8804478
         Level   : -7
         Summary : 4
         Module  : 17
         Desc    : 120
It appears to be related to the home menu (8F02).
For what it's worth, in Data Management, the amiibo Collection icon is darkened and has a gray X over it. Note that I am not 100% certain whether or not this problem is on my end.
:switch:

Last edited by ,

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Same problem as @Petraplexity with my New 3DS XL.

As someone who loves collecting stuff (including amiibo), this app is very interesting to me. My power is out at the moment (yay mobile internet), so I'll fish out logs later but I'm no expert on the 3DS, so don't expect too much from me other than being able to test things and give you any logs that Luma dumps.

EDIT: Derp, I have an original 3DS as well. I'll try that and report back (but I don't have an NFC reader/writer for it at the moment, so I can only test the app itself).

Last edited by TankedThomas,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk