Homebrew [WIP] ButtonSwap3DS - Remap buttons on your 3DS

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,
was wondering if this works with GBA VC?
If so, can someone create one that allows X to be used as Start, and Y to be used as Select?
I'm playing Pokemon GBA VC on an o3DS, and I hate using the large Start and Select buttons. Plus, this makes it more like the DS games (HG/SS) as they use these buttons this way.

danger229

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,
was wondering if this works with GBA VC?
If so, can someone create one that allows X to be used as Start, and Y to be used as Select?
I'm playing Pokemon GBA VC on an o3DS, and I hate using the large Start and Select buttons. Plus, this makes it more like the DS games (HG/SS) as they use these buttons this way.
I have no idea if this works on GBA VC or not, never really looked into VC stuff, but i will build that and everyone else's version when i can find the proper version of my program that has everything i need

Reactions: passarbye

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if this works on GBA VC or not, never really looked into VC stuff, but i will build that and everyone else's version when i can find the proper version of my program that has everything i need
Thanks dude :grog: (didn't know you were backed up a bit, sorry)
I tried the one you made for the user panoschuvardas (at the bottom of page 8, this thread), but it didn't exactly work.

EDIT: My mistake, X works as B within the GBA VC without the program being ran first. sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by passarbye,

cesarpk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, not a programing guys here. Tried to set up the building environment but it looks like I need linux for that.
Could someone please make an old 3ds cia that would swap L=Left_DPAD and R=Right_DPAD? It's for games like monster hunter and FFEX, I do not own an circle pad pro so it's very difficult to move the camera
Thanks in advance

danger229

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kathy @cesarpk @passarbye @slashstarex I have attached all of you versions, in each i included a Mode3 and a Non Mode3 version, both should be able to be installed onto the system at the same time unless i messed up on changing the unique id values, you only need the Mode 3 version if you are on O3DS and running a game that uses extended memory mode. this might also be the case for GBA VC but i have done nothing with GBA VC so i dont have much to go off of. let me know if there are problems through GBATemp or my discord

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

double post cause i forgot to upload files

Attachments

• passarbye.zip
    739.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Kathy.zip
    739.7 KB · Views: 170
  • slashstarex.zip
    739 KB · Views: 219
  • cesarpk.zip
    739.9 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: BORTZ

passarbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@passarbye This might also be the case for GBA VC but I have done nothing with GBA VC so i dont have much to go off of. let me know if there are problems through GBATemp or my discord
Tested both the Mode 3 and regular versions you posted for me (intended for the GBA VC) and sadly, neither of them work with GBA VC.
I appreciate the effort though because I'm not sure this hack is even compatible with GBA VC, considering the 3DS switches hardware modes to play that stuff anyway. (AFAIK)
If you come up with a solution please PM me, Thanks.

onedementedsmurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love this if it could swap my power and home buttons, I find it annoying as hell where they placed the power button on N3DS and even more annoying that if you accidentally press it it closes everything down. Oh the countless hours of gameplay I've lost due to accidentally pressing that damned button.:cry:

danger229

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My o3ds r broke can someone make R>Select please?
Ps: Does the button swap work with Ultra moon?
This would work with ultra moom, you would just need to run the Mode3 version of the app and launch ultra moon while the app is suspended on home menu, i cant build versions of buttonswap for a few weeks cause my hard drive died and i am waiting for a new one to shove into my laptop, once it comes in and i get everything set up i can build a version for you if someone else did not already

UIShaggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would work with ultra moom, you would just need to run the Mode3 version of the app and launch ultra moon while the app is suspended on home menu, i cant build versions of buttonswap for a few weeks cause my hard drive died and i am waiting for a new one to shove into my laptop, once it comes in and i get everything set up i can build a version for you if someone else did not already
ok:yay:, thanks man

Alpha_GX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can it be used to do some turbo tricks ?
If is it can someone create something that mash B about ten time a second with the Y buttons ?

danger229

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i get a build that swaps the ABXY for CPP and place the unused ABXY on the d-pad?
Binding to the Circle Pad Pro / C-Stick is not possible with this app, OP would need to add some code in order to make that happen, sorry.

in other news, new 1tb hard drive is installed, just got to get around to resetting up devkitarm and all that to make my program build versions again,
anyone still in need of a version should probably send me a DM on discord

Kråkemannen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If it's not too much trouble, could I have a build that makes select+x act like the R button and select+y act like the L button?
Or, if that has already been made, could I have a link to it?
You'd have my eternal gratitude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"