Homebrew [WIP][DEV] NoAmii - Amiibo emulation within 3DS.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
why the hell would i use luma?
im fine with reinand
Isn't ReiNAND ded?

Luma3DS was forked from ReiNAND, and as far as I am aware it's the only active in development CFW.

Why? You already use Luma, correct? Just hop on the hype train
Cho-chooooooo
Uh... read OP. You need his special fork of Luma. It's not into the normal one (yet I think).

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
reinand isnt dead
As far as I am aware there have been no recent public releases of ReiNAND CFW that support Boot9Strap (which is what one should be running nowadays, that doesn't even go down to preference: it is superior to arm9loaderhax and emuNAND (hah) in every way). So unless you have some secret knowledge, ReiNAND is fucking ded and Luma3DS is it's son that inhereted all of it's features and expanded on it.

D

Deleted User

As far as I am aware there have been no recent public releases of ReiNAND CFW that support Boot9Strap (which is what one should be running nowadays, that doesn't even go down to preference: it is superior to arm9loaderhax and emuNAND (hah) in every way). So unless you have some secret knowledge, ReiNAND is fucking ded and Luma3DS is it's son that inhereted all of it's features and expanded on it.
have you looked at the reinand thread?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit
D

Deleted User

https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/commits/master

"Latest commit April 11"

Compared to Luma:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commits/master

"Latest commit 2 days ago"

Oh and btw the latest commits in Reinand have been by pull requests, not the main dev.

In any way, we are not here to argue if Reinand is dead or not, or if you prefer a certain CFW over another.
Fact is this app is supposed to work with Luma, either you like it or not.
i didnt come to argue either
you guys just got triggered because i said im not using luma after i asked a question i had
https://github.com/CrimsonMaple/RenNand
*aug 9*
*rei6 is currently being tested/made*

Reactions: justneet

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
have you looked at the reinand thread?
I do. All I see is that some people are having test builds? Private CFW doesn't help anyone but the chosen ones that have access to it. You may have access to ReiNAND, but your average user at this point and moment in time does not have access to ReiNAND.

Having said that, I see little reason to use ReiNAND over Luma. The most common argument I hear is "but itz eazier". The worst Luma can fuck up by default is if you start messing with config, and even that config is harmless to fix.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. I have no desire to see this turn into another pointless CFW war.

This won't work on ReiNAND period, since ReiNAND doesn't have exefs rederiction features. You need OP's Luma fork or code some CFW of your own to redirect exefs for it. I doubt TBH if ReiNAND will ever implement such features considering seems to be designed as "set and forget" CFW.
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/commits/master

"Latest commit April 11"

Compared to Luma:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commits/master

"Latest commit 2 days ago"

Oh and btw the latest commits in Reinand have been by pull requests, not the main dev.

In any way, we are not here to argue if Reinand is dead or not, or if you prefer a certain CFW over another.
Fact is this app is supposed to work with Luma, either you like it or not.
I think I already said it, but you really should read OP. It isn't in normal Luma. You need to use OPs fork of Luma before it works due to it needing to redirect exefs.

EDIT: Changed a single instance where I didn't refer to it as a fork of Luma.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I do. All I see is that some people are having test builds? Private CFW doesn't help anyone but the chosen ones that have access to it. You may have access to ReiNAND, but your average user at this point and moment in time does not have access to ReiNAND.

Having said that, I see little reason to use ReiNAND over Luma. The most common argument I hear is "but itz eazier". The worst Luma can fuck up by default is if you start messing with config, and even that config is harmless to fix.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic. I have no desire to see this turn into another pointless CFW war.

This won't work on ReiNAND period, since ReiNAND doesn't have exefs rederiction features. You need OP's Luma fork or code some CFW of your own to redirect exefs for it. I doubt TBH if ReiNAND will ever implement such features considering seems to be designed as "set and forget" CFW.

I think I already said it, but you really should read OP. It isn't in normal Luma. You need to use OPs fork of Luma before it works due to it needing to redirect exefs.

EDIT: Changed a single instance where I didn't refer to it as a fork of Luma.
only reasons i use rei over luma is because its easier on my battery lets you modify the sys with patches and doesnt have the rosilina menu that kills compatability for old 3dsx files
and yeah it turning offtopic so im going to stop
i dont want a cfw war either
also reinand uses a loader.cxi so it may be possible to use this with it (seeing as the files in the zip are 2 cxi files)

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work with the metroid amiibo?
I got all the files setup on my SD card such as the loader.cxi in luma/sysmodules and the titleid .cxi file in luma/titles/
I'm using Luma 8.1.1 and it says on the OP that this requires Luma 8.1.1. Am I missing something here? When I go to the amiibo settings from the home menu and choose change owner, it doesn't black screen.

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got all the files setup on my SD card such as the loader.cxi in luma/sysmodules and the titleid .cxi file in luma/titles/
I'm using Luma 8.1.1 and it says on the OP that this requires Luma 8.1.1. Am I missing something here? When I go to the amiibo settings from the home menu and choose change owner, it doesn't black screen.
You need to enable option to load external modules in luma config. And there is no need to use different fork as it was integrated into luma long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattKimura

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States

Rohul released a save editor that adds those extra features.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/metroid-samus-returns-amiibo-unlocker.484176/

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool