Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dellboy84 said:
nightmare, im gutted now, do u have a link for where i cn get a proper one in the uk???
Probably nowhere now - http://gbatemp.net/t242883-breaking-news-r4-banned-in-uk

You can still order directly from overseas and hope that customs don't randomly open you package.
wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dellboy84 said:
dnt wanna sound thick, but as i have been using a fake for so long wifout knowing, which is the best to get??
The best cart on the market is really something for debate. Some say the Acekard 2i is the best and other say the Supercard Two is the best.
Really is boils down to what you want in a card.
I would say if you want to spend the extra dollar, go with the Supercard Two, it comes with a GBA emulator, upcoming SNES emulator, updates regularly, and has a built in CPU.
If you want a card with a crap load of features and works quite nicely, go with Acekard 2.1 or 2i.
If you want another R4 and use R4 wood, just spend 6$ and buy one from shoptemp.

dellboy84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a card where i cn put the .nds files on and they play lol, might sound simple but most of the newer games dont work on this card, now i know why

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dellboy84 said:
just a card where i cn put the .nds files on and they play lol, might sound simple but most of the newer games dont work on this card, now i know why
Then just go with either the Acekard 2.1 or R4. Both will do just that, but R4 can't use SDHC.
Well then again I heard R4 is now illegal in the UK
unsure.gif
So just go with the Acekard 2.1.

dellboy84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with acekard do i need to put this program on still??

il got wif acekard if anyone knows where i cn get one in uk, if nt il get it shipped over, nt risking wif r4 being illegal

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dellboy84 said:

il got wif acekard if anyone knows where i cn get one in uk, if nt il get it shipped over, nt risking wif r4 being illegal
The term "R4" was only used for reporting purposes - the ban applies to all NDS flashcarts.

The Wood firmwares only work for genuine R4 cards and the discontinued AcekardRPG. If you're getting an AceKard 2.1/2i you'll be using a firmware called AKAIO which is very similar in appearance and compatibility.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dellboy84 said:

The Acekard 2 uses AKAIO, which very close to Wood, with a few more features.

And I don't think you can buy flashcarts in the UK anymore due to the ban, your best bet is to just buy it from shoptemp.

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering if this upgrade really better? If I do this will still I need to add arm7, etc?

I mean, I'm going for a long trip overseas and plan to bring Layton 3 and Unwound Future with me, but not sure if it'll completely work. Will this guarantee the games will work perfectly? The only modifications I have ever done to my R4 is update to the latest upgrade from the original(?) R4 site.

And if I'm not sure if my R4 is a clone or not, will putting this on a clone break it?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CatzCradle said:
Hello,

sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering if this upgrade really better? If I do this will still I need to add arm7, etc?

I mean, I'm going for a long trip overseas and plan to bring Layton 3 and Unwound Future with me, but not sure if it'll completely work. Will this guarantee the games will work perfectly? The only modifications I have ever done to my R4 is update to the latest upgrade from the original(?) R4 site.

And if I'm not sure if my R4 is a clone or not, will putting this on a clone break it?
The worst that could happen is that it doesn't load. At most it only takes a couple minutes to test. If it works, then it is a LOT better than any of the original R4 website's firmware and should be able to play PL3.

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
CatzCradle said:
Hello,

The worst that could happen is that it doesn't load. At most it only takes a couple minutes to test. If it works, then it is a LOT better than any of the original R4 website's firmware and should be able to play PL3.

Thank you so much for your reply!
biggrin.gif

I feel so much more relieved now~ By any chance would you happen to know if it'd also work for the Last Window too?

(btw, I just love your Kyonko signature xD)

CatzCradle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basher11 said:
last window works on v1.13
tongue.gif

your a little behind

Really?
ohmy.gif

I haven't actually tried it myself yet since I've been wanting to save all the games till I'm on my trip, but I've been hearing about how the game blacks out/freezes after certain parts of the story.
unsure.gif

psycholoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can this emulate GBA games? My old m3 slot-2 died recently (doesn't boot), and I'm using an R4 with ysmenu. I was able to launch gba games on the ysmenu using the slot-2 for ram, but can I do this with Wood? I can't seem to get it to launch.

psycholoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarthTheufel said:
psycholoner said:
Can this emulate GBA games?

Oh. That's a new question! Never heard that!

You can find the answer here.

You didn't read the question properly. I HAVE a slot 2 card. I just want to launch the gba rom from the R4, while using the m3 lite for ram. You CAN do this with the ysmenu. I think its also how EZ flash works too, but I don't really know anything about it. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"