World of Final Fantasy getting PC port

The once-exclusive Final Fantasy game for the PS4 and the PlayStation Vita, will be making its way to Steam later this year. World of Final Fantasy is set to release for PC/Steam on November 21, 2017. The port will feature Achievements, keyboard+mouse support, and Steam Trading Cards. If you pre-order or purchase the game before November 28, you'll get a "Day One Edition" which includes a digital soundtrack that features a select amount of tracks from the game.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't played this. It's sitting in my backlog of PS4 games. Any one played this? I played a bit of the demo and it seemed kind of like Pokemon where you could capture different monsters.

It was arguably a better game than FFXV. Better characters, better combat system, better worldbuilding... Even when you exclude all the stuff from previous FF games. That said, it's a bit of a slow burn. You kinda need to put aside any of your own pre-existing thoughts about the art style or how much 'like' other things it is and just take an insulin shot, sit down with it, and just accept the cheerfulness of the early parts and embrace the Tama.

Imagine what it was like for the VA who had to say it all - Tama was quite annoying because of it
I'm sure either they got someone who talked like that normally, or it eventually grew on them and they talk like that all the time now. Although an odd way to handle the translation, it could have been done worse.

Last edited by Burlsol,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest

OH BOY OLD MEMES

I don't know why they couldn't just make the animal mascot talk in third person. ...or just not have it at all. Guess they wanted to attract the kids but it's too bad Square Enix forgot all the kids have 2DSs.

I've heard nothing about this game but will probably pick it up when on sale. Final Fantasy has been very meh lately. So much pandering to being fashionable japanese than bloody fantasy RPGs. Final Fantasy XV is simply revolting.

Last edited by Pluupy,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, nice! I am a PC gamer first, and a console gamer second. I usually buy consoles just for the exclusives. But PC ports can be good, if they are done right.

Look at the PC port of Metal Gear Solid 5, the PC port released months after the console release (if I can remember correctly anyway), and even though the game wasn't as good as previous Metal Gear games, the PC port was done extremely well. Metal Gear Solid 5 for PC was optimized so damn well, you could run it on a pretty barebones gaming PC and still have an awesome gameplay experience. So if devs would focus on optimizing and polishing their PC ports before releasing them, most people wouldn't have to worry about if PC ports will run good on their PC or not. Because lets face it, most PC ports now a days are ported so bad over to PC, some PC ports make it almost unplayble on PC.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game has no Cecil or Golbez, and somehow Adult Edea is lesser compared to Yuna. Terra never had her Esper form, you never play as game characters, and it lacjs the depth of other games. Bravely, as silly as it is, is far better in strategy and actual plot.

Last edited by Yil,

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really liked this game on vita (although it was really Bad on it technicaly speaking)! Never finished it (I'm playing from Time to Time and I've 30/40h of playtime) but really like it.

I would buy it again if the cross save would be present, which I doubt.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm hoping the mutilplayer would be removed or re-vamped. i mean battling online is friends only on PS4... and that sucks...

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where's the dislike button?

It's true though. I'd rather play my games on my PC and a lot of the games I seem interested in getting or get on release end up coming out on PC eventually. I'm definitely happy that Capcom is finally localizing a PC Monster Hunter. I would have played Frontier ages ago if it was easily accessible.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I have a mid-end PC, I mainly use it to work (Excel, Word, Photoshop to make drawings...) and to play indie games, I mainly game on console and that's what I'm more used to, I understand that on PC you'll usually get better graphics but I don't really care about game res

Building a PC to play more recent games seems difficult and expensive... thus why I prefer to game on console

I recently got a PS4 for my birthday and so far I've really enjoyed it, I currently own around 8 games (I have always owned Nintendo consoles but wanted to try something different) when I play on PC I can't do it without a controler...

On console I don't need to mess with video setting or the controls... And sitting in front of the screen in a chair really makes my back hurt... that's why I don't like to play on PC
It's true though. I'd rather play my games on my PC and a lot of the games I seem interested in getting or get on release end up coming out on PC eventually. I'm definitely happy that Capcom is finally localizing a PC Monster Hunter. I would have played Frontier ages ago if it was easily accessible.

Last edited by AutumnWolf,
Reactions: Exaltys

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a mid-end PC, I mainly use it to work (Excel, Word, Photoshop to make drawings...) and to play indie games, I mainly game on console and that's what I'm more used to, I understand that on PC you'll usually get better graphics but I don't really care about game res, and building a PC to play more recent games seems difficult and expensive... thus why I prefer to game on console, I recently got a PS4 for my birthday and so far I've really enjoyed it, I currently own around 8 games (I have always owned Nintendo consoles but wanted to try something different) when I play on PC I can't do it without a controller... On console I don't need to mess with video setting or the controls... And sitting in front of the screen in a chair really makes my back hurt... and that's why I don't like to play on PC

I definitely understand. I apologize if my first post came off as PC Master Race-y. I just prefer playing on my PC when I can so I welcome all of the ports when they come. If I don't already have the games I can pick them up on my preferred platform. On the flip side I know many people who were overjoyed when Stardew Valley finally came out on Switch despite being on everything else already.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I definitely understand. I apologize if my first post came off as PC Master Race-y. I just prefer playing on my PC when I can so I welcome all of the ports when they come. If I don't already have the games I can pick them up on my preferred platform. On the flip side I know many people who were overjoyed when Stardew Valley finally came out on Switch despite being on everything else already.
Oh, don't worry, good for those who have a good PC, this game is good (played it today =D)

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both for ps4 and Vita. I really enjoyed them, though the story can be slow in the beginning. Yeah it kinda like Pokemon, but it still quite different with strategy.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
played it on Vita and I at least didn't like it at all !

they tried to make it cool in making it a "gotta catch'em all" game but for me it did not work at all.
Usually you use the same few monsters trough the game as it makes most sense than changing them and this staple stuff makes it completely ridiculous

Reactions: signz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.