• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

World of Warcraft helps boy survive moose attack

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A young boy avoids disaster by skills learned from a video game.

12-year-old Hans Jørgen Olsen and his sister encountered a troubled moose while walking in the forest near their Norwegian home.

After diverting the beast's attention away from his younger sister, Hans played possum, "just like you learn at level 30 in World of Warcraft," to avoid being attacked.

"Feign death" is a skill acquired by level 30 hunters in Blizzard's massively popular MMO which recently surpassed 9 million paying subscribers worldwide.

Hans, his sister, and the moose all reportedly walked away from the incident without injury.

Source - GamePro

Now tats somethin u dont hear everyday. Cheers for WOW
bow.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Don't know how much of this is true but it is pretty cool. Although had the boy been a real WoW addict this wouldn't have occurred as he would've been playing Wow during that time.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I guess if he was older, this would be the first thing he would do, regardless if he played WoW or not.

But since he's 12, I'll give him credit! Yay for videogames!
tongue.gif

Now if only more videogame skills were applied in the real world..

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Although had the boy been a real WoW addict this wouldn't have occurred as he would've been playing Wow during that time.
rofl nice call.

anyone with half a brain doesnt need WoW experience to take care of themselves in such an experience.
but noting how young the kid is, i'll give it some credit.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OBJECTION! Everyone knows that if you play WoW, you'd never be caught dead outside. You learn Ignore Society at level 2.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, very interesting. Another forums (PC enthusiast) had a discussion about this, and it was a very different one.

Who said they give credit to the 12 year old that's a level 30 in WoW? Are you kidding? HE WAS BEING ATTACKED BY A FUCKING MOOSE AND THINKING ABOUT IT! Clearly addicted to the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself