Gaming Would you like a "bi-worlded" Zelda next?

Would you like a "Bi-Worlded" Zelda game again?

• Hell yea

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell IDK

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really know how to say this in english, Bi-worlded
In short, you remember there was a couple of zelda game with 2 world?
ALTTP/ALBW had light world and dark world
OoA had past and present
OoS had the four seasons
TP had Twilight world and light world (twilight world as in the light world covered in twilight, not Twilight Realm)
So yea, would you like this concept to come back in the next original Zelda game (not remake)?
Personally, I'd like to see this concept back again :)

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Bi-worlded is a really good term!

Yeah I would absolutely love it! I think one where you could go between worlds almost seemingly (Think of Dishonored 2, switching between past and future) - I think that would be awesome!

In fact, even though it's much more unlikely, I'd absolutely love to see yet another game which involves time. Where you have to go to the past to affect the future (and that's how puzzles would work), but of course on a much larger and much more frequent scale than Ocarina of Time. Even more so than OoA. Something VERY similar to that level in Dishonored 2 lol. But I'd like to see different (yet permenant) outcomes too. Like if you flush the basement, vs bulding a ladder to the upper floor (IDK spitballing) you get one item or the other. Similar to in LA DX where you could get the red or the blue tunic, but not both.

Reactions: Noctosphere

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If done properly then yeah.

So often it is just a cheap crutch. No terribly memorable set pieces/characters you can see in both, no particular interaction between them, no subversion of expectations. Mainly copy and paste, add a filter and call it a day.

The interaction thing has me curious actually. Fixing something in one world cleans up the other. That works for me.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
An "underworld" would be better in my opinion. A world that exists below ground in the form of elaborate cave systems, and large underground, open world environments. The surface and mountains in BOTW are already spectacular and fun to explore. Complement this with fascinating exploring deep into the ground.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An "underworld" would be better in my opinion. A world that exists below ground in the form of elaborate cave systems, and large underground, open world environments. The surface and mountains in BOTW are already spectacular and fun to explore. Complement this with fascinating exploring deep into the ground.
thats not really what we mean by "bi-worlded"
Yea sure we'd like two world like you say, but we'd also like them to be connected to each other
For exemple, in OoT, theres hyrule castle and town in both world, but one is flourishing, one is ruined
or OoS, where it's the very same world shown in all 4 seasons

D

Deleted User

I want to see a mix of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Both managed it really well, I'd say. I could go for some Zelda Wii days. By far the best Zelda's (imho).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Bi-worlded is a really good term!

Yeah I would absolutely love it! I think one where you could go between worlds almost seemingly (Think of Dishonored 2, switching between past and future) - I think that would be awesome!

In fact, even though it's much more unlikely, I'd absolutely love to see yet another game which involves time. Where you have to go to the past to affect the future (and that's how puzzles would work), but of course on a much larger and much more frequent scale than Ocarina of Time. Even more so than OoA.
Last time time was used as the main focus for a game, we had a three-way split in the timeline.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
thats not really what we mean by "bi-worlded"
Yea sure we'd like two world like you say, but we'd also like them to be connected to each other
For exemple, in OoT, theres hyrule castle and town in both world, but one is flourishing, one is ruined
or OoS, where it's the very same world shown in all 4 seasons
I get the concept of a parallel dark world like there has been in past Zeldas. I was just saying that I think an elaborate underworld would be better than the usual dark/light world model that they have done in the past.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something I'd like too see also though, is connected games
How about a trilogy, 3 games, but you can choose the order youll play them, like OoS and OoA

But this time, it will be 3 games (as planned for GBC at first, but they had to reduce to two because of the technology not advanced enough at this time) and you choose which one to play first, which one to play second, and which one to play last, but no matter the order, you'll get the story altered in the second game to fit like if it was the sequel of the first one, same with the last.
So in short, each game would actually have 3 games in the cartridge (one as the first game played, one as the second, and one as the last)
what do you think?
would it be too complicated?
Even if it's god view 3d like ALBW (not a wide world like TP, SS or OoT)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.