• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Man, reading stuff like this makes me sick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6560685.stm

My thoughts go out to the poor families of those innocent kids and thier families. I dont know how stuff like this happens but it shouldn't be allowed to happen
frown.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, shocked me too, even though I live in California....

Seriously... Now i gotta be freakin scared to go to school cause I might get shot...
frown.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
That's horrific.

*edit*

But a bomb blast killed over 50 people in Iraq yesterday in an act of senseless violence. It kinda makes you think about these senseless deaths.

D

Deleted User

Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

BMH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.
Agreed. These shootings keep on happening in America and no one is doing anything about them. It's not video games or a bad youth that kill other people, it's guns!

There are always crazy people who will try to kill others. Just don't give them a chance to cause massive damage. Ban guns you trigger happy Americans.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
alot of my friends go to tech and i've confirmed that alot of them are okay but i'm still waiting to hear from a few, i'm pretty confused right now, all i can do is hope for the best
A couple of my friends to there as well. I still havent heard back from any of them.

P.S. America really is fucked up, thats the truth of it. I would rather not rant on why this is the case but everyone knows its true.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

I also agree, but a country that values the right to bare arms, more than they do human life, this is just not going to happen.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The right to bare arms is protected by the Constitution of America. Many have tried to ban guns, but there are organizations like the NRA(National Rifle Association) that oppose them. And guns don't kill people, people kill people, there will always be crazy people out there. If you have to blame someone, blame the shooter.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I disagree. Haven't you ever heard the saying 'if you ban guns, only criminals will own guns'.

Think about it, if this guy was willing to do that, don't you think he'd have found a gun whether illegal or not?

D

Deleted User

There MUST be something wrong with America. You don't see this happening in Canada. It's no coincidence that most of the school massacres happen in the US. It's just WAY too easy to own a gun in America. I'm not putting down Americans in general, just their laws ... and their president for that matter.
tongue.gif

Guns don't kill people? People kill people? Yeah, with what? GUNS!

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm a little bit offended by these anti-america comments, remember that america is a country made up of people too that don't necessarily agree with the way things are conducted either. assuming that guns can just be taken away is extremely ignorant. Maybe in a place with less violence or that has historically less of a need for them, but if you were to take away guns in America, i guarantee you that things would be much worse, there would be chaos and a pretty bad scene with crime. america isn't fucked up, certain americans are fucked up, just like certain citizens of X country are fucked up

edit: yah, banning guns itself is a such a stupid idea i can't imagine anyone assigning it any merit, those who use guns wrongly aren't going to care whether they're legal or not

blade85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stuff like this really shouldnt happen but it does anyway, thansk to all the crazy people out there

I read about this on digg already though

Edit: America isnt the only place that has all this stuff happening, look at the middle east, theres a lot of stuff happening there and i dont see anyone bashing them for suicide bombs........... Why does everyone have to insult america?

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aslacker55 you are right that people kill people, but if these people couldn't get hold of guns then there would be less killings.

US has 8259 killing by firearms, the only other countries in the thousands are Mexico, Columbia, Thailand and South Africa, and these are pretty corrupt countries when compared to the US etc.

By comparison, Austrlia has 59, UK has 62, Spain 97 and Germany 384. I know these countries have less people but only by a factor of about 5 and the simpl;e reason why is because guns are harder to get in these countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1