• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesuz cripes! You people wanna maybe get back on topic or what?

I leave for a few hours and come back to this?

Just what does the Iraq war have to do with some nutball snapping and taking out a bunch of students?

Did I miss something?

Oh, hello jtroye32!

This isn't some national/global violence debate or gun control debate. This is about some guy that lost it emotionally/mentally and decided to kill a bunch of people. If he didn't have guns he would have made bombs, end of discussion.

Thank you!

np, just trying to get back on topic
happy.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Just for the reference: The dude may be Korean, but he was living in the United States since he was a kid. That pretty much makes him an American, huh?

Completely unrelated - I'm disgusted by moves of the American government
and the attitude of certain Americans (I don't hate Americans as people, mind you!). Why the hell do they have to mess with nations across the world? Well, the official statements claim that they want to establish peace in certain countries. But as we all know (god, this sound so cliché), fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. It's all about maintaining the power.
Let's take a look at some examples:

Vietnam - officially, it was a war against communism (by the way, I'd rather be a Communist that a Republican). But quite obviously, they never dared to invade Cuba and Cuba never did any harm to the States. Is communism really so harmful for America? Let's just remember how many civilians were killed by the American soldiers (a lot more than by Vietcong -- Tiger Force, anyone?).

Kuwait - USA gave Hussein the weapons and power to make Iraq a powerful country in the Middle-East and give Hussein the power to remain a dictator. But, guess WHO was the one trying to remove Hussein from that position 15 years later? Wow, being a hypocrite is good now?

And I could continue with Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, etc ...
We all know Iraq and Saudi Arabia have the most of the oil fields in the world, that there were no weapons of mass destruction and it's just as bloody now, after Saddam is gone. Bloodier even. Why deny it?

America is the most powerful country in the world, but power corrupts.
And that's what I like about living in a small country nobody ever heard of before. Just my 5 cents. Don't be offended.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, every single country of government is corrupt. It is easier to point the fingure and accuse bigger countries as they are a bigger target. When America does something it is considered bad. When they don't do something it is considered bad. You really can't win in those cases.

You really must not focus in on the countries, but focus in on the corporations. They are responsible for most wars, and civil upheaval. The big countries of the world get corrupt by these corporations. The US is a prime example. However, Russia before it was the same. China already has the stink of corruption. It's more important to focus on what is causing the country to be corrupt and not the country itself.

As for Republicans, you should not so easily judge. The fact of the matter is that all party's are equally bad. I for one am a Repulican, but not a modern day Republican. The Republican party believes in no government intervention in the lives of it's citizens. No over taxation and no over spending.

The Bush administration has gone against all of these core fundemental believes. The problem is that no politician has a back bone to fight back for what they believe. They are full of corporate money and wan to keep their chairs in the Senate or the Congress. So don't be so quick to point the fingure at Republicans only. I would point the fingure at all politicians.

As for the shootings in VT, the fact is, this can never be controlled. I know many people will think this is messed up, but if you want this to be controlled every person needs to carry a gun. So if one person goes pyscho, the rest of the people around this person are not left helpless. That is as much of an answer as anything. It's not a good one, but there never is a solution to this type of insanity.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just reading back on all the America bashing. The only reason this country pisses me off at the moment, is because of idiots who believe that really simple concepts will solve the worlds problems. I know most of you are still in school and idealistic, but get in the real world and then speak.

First off, getting rid of guns won't solve anything. Whenever you take something away, there will always be some one who will be able to provide it. Let me put this in an easy way. I bet a lot of you smoke weed. Well weed is illegal right? Did you still manage to get the weed? Well guess what, something that is illegal and not sold in stores can still be purchased.

If you are a pyscho, you will still get your hands on a gun. I wish people would just think. It's like the whole, fast food makes people fat, so let's sue the fast food industry. Or Don Imus said something racist on radio, so let's go after everyone who uses the word ho in a song and make sure they don't use those words anymore.

Come on, this is a free country. The problem is that people don't take ANY RESPONSIBILITY for their own actions. If your fat, stop eating and excercise. You know that McDonald's is fattening. If you don't then your a moron, and you need to go back and learn to read. Our civil liberaties are already infringed upon already.

Do you really want 1 pycho to set the rules for a who civilization? That's the direction America is going in. Hopefully people wake up before we end up being a communist state, or a dictatorship.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My condolences to families and friends of those lost in this tragedy.

And regarding this discussion.
Knock it off. It's not just America, it's the entire world.

There's lunatics everywhere. Nobody seems to do anything. This was supposed to be a warning. The last shooting was supposed to be a warning. And the one before that. And the one before. And the incidents in Japan. And in France. And the recent one in England. And all over the world, but there aren't that many TV stations over there to report it on a global scale.

It's not about America, or about Korea (or about Iraq; how quickly do discussions slip towards it, simply amazing), and it definitely isn't about World War 2, despite the posts on that subject, for some reason.

This will happen again, in your neighbourhood. Mental illness isn't exclusive to America. The world is sick. It has always been sick. But now we aren't limited to wooden clubs. Now we have guns. One man can kill dozens. How do we stop it?

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i'm disgraced to be a GBAtemp member after reading through these pages. i can't believe the hate you all put out. If you all hate my country, that's fine, but for hells sake, keep it to yourself, or open another goddamn thread. I lost a buddy in this, hell i don't even know where to start. The goddamn media turns this into a bigger than life incident which in turn causes mass hatred in Americans. i just don't understand this.

You all, americans, europeans, whoever, get a life and stop watching televised news, instead read some grassroots internet news or read the new york times. And for hells sake, all you non-americans who use this thread to bash american laws, you don't live in America, you don't reside in Virginia, and you sure as fuck don't go to Virginia Tech. You never tried to purchase a gun in America, you didn't know this kid or anyone who died, so why the hell do you all of a sudden have some great statement or point with any bit of validity whatsoever. Why? Is it because you saw the video on cnn.com, or worse did you get your facts rom friends or family?

Why don't you use your brain for a second and think about those 30 Americans who died and if they read this 14 pages what they would feel? I'll tell you for sure, in those 14 pages that you don't offer any condolences besides a few Americans. My buddy James is gone and what do I, as an American, College Student, friend, and fellow school mate feel about this, ill tell you first off, I sure as hell don't blame America.

QUOTE said:
Several students and professors described Cho as a sullen loner. Authorities said he left a rambling note raging against women and rich kids. News reports said that Cho, a 23-year-old senior majoring in English, may have been taking medication for depression and that he was becoming increasingly erratic.

Professors and classmates were alarmed by his class writings -- pages filled with twisted, violence-drenched writing.

"It was not bad poetry. It was intimidating," poet Nikki Giovanni, one of his professors, told CNN Wednesday.

"I know we're talking about a youngster, but troubled youngsters get drunk and jump off buildings," she said. "There was something mean about this boy. It was the meanness -- I've taught troubled youngsters and crazy people -- it was the meanness that bothered me. It was a really mean streak."

Giovanni said her students were so unnerved by Cho's behavior, including taking pictures of them with his cell phone, that some stopped coming to class and she had security check on her room. She eventually had him taken out of her class, saying she would quit if he wasn't removed.

Lucinda Roy, a co-director of creative writing at Virginia Tech, said she tutored Cho after that.

"He was so distant and so lonely," she told ABC's "Good Morning America" Wednesday. "It was almost like talking to a hole, as though he wasn't there most of the time. He wore sunglasses and his hat very low so it was hard to see his face."

Quote from the Boston Metro

Now I'm more than angry that this thread has been construed and used as a means to voice politically stubborn and racist ideologies about America, but i'm even more mad that you all have forgotten what this thread was about: 29 innocent deaths

RIP James "Jimbo" Sully

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
mikeosoft: I agree completely, but as Opium stated - 50 people, innocent people died the previous day in Iraq. :/
Also, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you're more concerned about your friend that people you don't know. Should read your post better.
frown.gif

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
mikeosoft: I agree completely, but as Opium stated - 50 people, innocent people died the previous day in Iraq. :/
Also, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you're more concerned about your friend that people you don't know. Should read your post better.
frown.gif

I agree with this. Already 160 dead people today already..... I don't want to fully blame the US for this but they are too blame in this a bit too
lecture.gif
, but the media has much more attention to that korean that killed people in the US.....
huh.gif
The media compagnies are way too powerfull in the US (which is also caused by the excessive watching of the television by americans.).

personabovemeCLOSE THIS THREAD

its just becoming a american bashing thread now from the ignorant

Why can't we have express our opinion? Don't like critism on your country?

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

I agree with this. Already 160 dead people today already..... I don't want to fully blame the US for this but they are too blame in this a bit too
lecture.gif
, but the media has much more attention to that korean that killed people in the US.....
huh.gif
The media compagnies are way too powerfull in the US (which is also caused by the excessive watching of the television by americans.).

personaboveme said:
CLOSE THIS THREAD

The problem is that this thread was used in order to fan the flames of hate for America. You're government is no better than mine, as my government no better than yours. I am one of the reason why this thread has become like this and I'm sorry, but not once did I say anything bad about another country. Like Azimuth and I, we had different points of views and we came to the conclusion that it's better to make peace with each other. None of us here are politicians, we have no control of our governments. Everybody is patriotic about their country, no one is to blame.

To mikeosoft, I'm sorry for your loss and condolences to all that lost their love ones and friends. Lets put it to rest everybody, Let's agree to disagree. We're all no better, each one of us have fallen for the trap of hate. I extend my hand out to all my temper brothers and ask everyone to put aside your differences. Maybe we can do one thing here that the world can't do, let's make peace here. Thank you
smile.gif

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
thats only welsh people who molest sheep but still that was a really immature response *clap clap*

I know, but I'm tired of hearing about it. Switzerland has mandated firearms ownership per household as I understand and this doesn't happen there. Hi-capacity firearms have existed for decades, but mass shootings are a recent phenomenon. It's not the guns, it's not video games, it's not rap music, it's not violence on TV and it's not consumption of trans-fats.

So sanctimonious foreigners (not you personally, I don't think) it's fine you don't approve and you don't have to. Just keep those brie-eating, snaggle-toothed, champagne-swilling, soccer-discussing gobs shut about it. Thank you kindly.

Your opinions are your own, as are mine, but are the immature comments really necessary. It really degrades what is a valid argument. There are a million stereotypes I could apply to American citizens, some alot more offensive and generalised than the ones you just mentioned but I find that when you do, people begin to detect just a hint of sour grapes.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

lecture.gif
huh.gif

personaboveme said:
CLOSE THIS THREAD

NO what i hate is a double standard if i were to start a thread and say I HATE MUSLIMS MUSLIMS SUCK it would be closed and i would be banned !

yet its ok to bash americans ?

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please read my message and let's stop this hating.
QUOTE said:
The problem is that this thread was used in order to fan the flames of hate for America. You're government is no better than mine, as my government no better than yours. I am one of the reason why this thread has become like this and I'm sorry, but not once did I say anything bad about another country. Like Azimuth and I, we had different points of views and we came to the conclusion that it's better to make peace with each other. None of us here are politicians, we have no control of our governments. Everybody is patriotic about their country, no one is to blame.

To mikeosoft, I'm sorry for your loss and condolences to all that lost their love ones and friends. Lets put it to rest everybody, Let's agree to disagree. We're all no better, each one of us have fallen for the trap of hate. I extend my hand out to all my temper brothers and ask everyone to put aside your differences. Maybe we can do one thing here that the world can't do, let's make peace here. Thank you

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I must say, this thread is about what Mikeosoft the fact that people died. It is insensitive for anyone to say who died in Iraq or anywhere else in the world, when Mikeosoft personal friend died. Not a news report about some people none of us here met. Imagine the person you grew up next to died. Try to put that in perspective.

Secondly, I think it's ironic that we fight and argue against each other based our goverments believes. Do you have the same moral structures as your neighbors. Do you always agree with everything that your friends agree with? No, I doubt it. I think everyone disagrees with everyone's own personal government. So don't go bashing any countries government, when most likely your is flawed to. You are not your government. You don't need to increase the hate and anger.

As for anti-americanism. I just want to share a little story with you guys about a soldier I know. He was positioned in Bosnia, during the time the Serbs began to do mass slaughterings of the Muslims in that area. His responsibility as a US soldier was to keep the peace, and stop the genicide of the Muslim race. While he was there, 9/11 happened. And the world turned on it's head. Fast forward some time, and you have my friend station in Bosnia for nothing. At this point, the Serbs and the Muslims were both attacking the American soldiers. The same person you saved less then a year ago is trying to kill you today. Think about that for a second before deciding America and all American's are evil SOBs. Don't be so quick to pass judgement.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone's posts to this thread. You have answered the topic question perfectly! The ignorance and arrogance from posters from all over the world is here. Every country on the earth has their fair share of idiots who love to point fingers and attack others based on whatever beliefs they have. Some commit individual acts to eliminate/harm others. Some rise to positions of power and eliminate/harm others in the millions. To see what is truly wrong with this world you need look no further than this GBAtemp thread. Cheers
grog.gif
to all those that posted and have shown that idiocy is truly a global phenomenon.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone's posts to this thread. You have answered the topic question perfectly! The ignorance and arrogance from posters from all over the world is here. Every country on the earth has their fair share of idiots who love to point fingers and attack others based on whatever beliefs they have. Some commit individual acts to eliminate/harm others. Some rise to positions of power and eliminate/harm others in the millions. To see what is truly wrong with this world you need look no further than this GBAtemp thread. Cheers
grog.gif
to all those that posted and have shown that idiocy is truly a global phenomenon.

Here here... total agreement.
grog.gif

If we all did more
grog.gif
then
lecture.gif
this world would be a better place.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who don't know, America is a business. And if something goes wrong, they do whatever is in their power to fix it. Even if it means screwing over someone's life. Some day I might move to Canada, people here make me sick. But for the time being, I just reap some of the benefits and wait to figure out where I want to be and stay away from these idiots in government power.

The people who are doing the most good are the ones who are taught to believe in freedom and upholding peace. Those are the ones you see fighting in Iraq and other overseas nations, but a lot of them are very brainwashed and blindfolded from the truth. At least it gets the job done, trying to maintain peace..but they do teach them to hate Arabs and more than likely some other nationalities. I don't agree with that part but it gets things moving in the right direction anyway.

Personally I don't agree with going into Iraq and I didn't agree with that to begin with. America is not suppose to be about revenge, but look where this led us. I think we will have another dipshit republican president again (also bush has proven that there is virtually no such thing as check and balances). The reason why I say this is because nobody's going to allow a woman or a black to be president (even though we could benefit from having a woman or a black, depends on how they behave in office I mean nobody wants an extremist for president). Well anyway watch how the next election goes and watch a republican jack up your gas prices more and get more americans as well as iraqi killed.

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those of you who don't know, America is a business. And if something goes wrong, they do whatever is in their power to fix it. Even if it means screwing over someone's life. Some day I might move to Canada, people here make me sick. But for the time being, I just reap some of the benefits and wait to figure out where I want to be and stay away from these idiots in government power.

The people who are doing the most good are the ones who are taught to believe in freedom and upholding peace. Those are the ones you see fighting in Iraq and other overseas nations, but a lot of them are very brainwashed and blindfolded from the truth. At least it gets the job done, trying to maintain peace..but they do teach them to hate Arabs and more than likely some other nationalities. I don't agree with that part but it gets things moving in the right direction anyway.

Personally I don't agree with going into Iraq and I didn't agree with that to begin with. America is not suppose to be about revenge, but look where this led us. I think we will have another dipshit republican president again (also bush has proven that there is virtually no such thing as check and balances). The reason why I say this is because nobody's going to allow a woman or a black to be president (even though we could benefit from having a woman or a black, depends on how they behave in office I mean nobody wants an extremist for president). Well anyway watch how the next election goes and watch a republican jack up your gas prices more and get more americans as well as iraqi killed.

I totally agree with this. I was flabbergasted that Bush actually got re-elected in the first place. (who voted for him and WHY, WHYYY???
wacko.gif
) All this patriotism talk and his additute of ‘the US is the best and greatest country in the world’ may be good to win votes in the US but the rest of the world, including here, really got a began to hate Bush (and because of that the US).
Why is he doing like this? The US isn’t the great country anymore, just face it.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
First I must say, this thread is about what Mikeosoft the fact that people died. It is insensitive for anyone to say who died in Iraq or anywhere else in the world, when Mikeosoft personal friend died. Not a news report about some people none of us here met. Imagine the person you grew up next to died. Try to put that in perspective.

It's bloody sad either way but really, I don't know Mikeosoft's friend do I? How it is different for me personally from someone else who died that I also don't know?

No disrespect meant, this is a horrific incident and all the lives lost were a senseless waste. But these are 32 deaths in an overseas country shooting. On the same page 45 people died in bomb blasts in another overseas country too. Both are tragic, senseless wastes.

*EDIT* Jesus, I just saw on the news over 150 people were killed today in a blast in a Baghdad market. But it was late in the news bulletin as per usual. For some reason people care less about it......the shootings in the US were still number one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end