• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I must say, this thread is about what Mikeosoft the fact that people died.  It is insensitive for anyone to say who died in Iraq or anywhere else in the world, when Mikeosoft personal friend died. Not a news report about some people none of us here met.  Imagine the person you grew up next to died.  Try to put that in perspective.

It's bloody sad either way but really, I don't know Mikeosoft's friend do I? How it is different for me personally from someone else who died that I also don't know?

No disrespect meant, this is a horrific incident and all the lives lost were a senseless waste. But these are 32 deaths in an overseas country shooting. On the same page 45 people died in bomb blasts in another overseas country too. Both are tragic, senseless wastes.

*EDIT* Jesus, I just saw on the news over 150 people were killed today in a blast in a Baghdad market. But it was late in the news bulletin as per usual. For some reason people care less about it......the shootings in the US were still number one.

That's easy. It is because people are sick of the war. Any act of violence in Iraq is shown as losing the war. So this bit of information is usually put towards the end of the news reports. When a shooting like the one in the US occures, it is occuring in "peaceful" country. So if it can happen in the US, it can happen anywhere type of thing. Iraq is looked at under the circumstances it is under. There are hundreds of thousands of people killed or allowed to die in Africa every year. This shodows all the deaths in the rest of the world combined, and do you see any of it on the news? The only reason you see Iraq stuff on the news is because of the war. If there was no war, and the bombings continued to occure, noone would give a crap.

Wait and see what happens in Iraq when we pull out. There will be a genocide occuring and nothing on the news.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My sympathy goes out to those friends and families of the victims.

This was a horrible incident. The dude was obviously insane. He was declared mentally unstable in 2005. Yet since he was sent to a VOLUNTARY (BS) hospital, it was not recorded, and therefore he could buy his guns. As an American citizen, I would like to see some stricter gun laws, for my own safety as well. Being in college is hard enough without the threat of a gunman shooting me down.

Did they ever reveal why he did this, other than the fact that he had some ordeal with rich kids???

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This was a tragedy. But an even greater tragedy is that this isn't an isolated incident. This will happen again. And not only in America. America doesn't have the exclusive rights to lunatics. It can happen anywhere.

And what is worse: media have shown us that this is the best way to be heard, to bring your message to the general public, to achieve immortality. News networks aired his photos, read his letter. Everyone knows his face. In a year or so, no one but the families and friends will remember the victims, but the whole world will remember the murderer. And this will give incentive to other lunatics.

In my opinion, news networks shouldn't have aired his letter. They should have handed it over to the police, profilers, psychologists, people who know how to learn something from it, to prevent it happening again. If nothing else, then out of respect for the victims. He does not deserve to be heard.

This way they told every other lunatic in the world: "If you want the whole world to listen to you, kill somebody."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr