Review X360dock review

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great review! I am a big fan of USB and ODD emulators, but I don't support piracy. One of these ODD needs to implement a 'rip' feature so I can backup my purchased games. The only reason I would use these is to reduce heat and try to provide longevity to the console.

I hope so too. I have a few games I'd like to rip as well.

Great review! I am a big fan of USB and ODD emulators, but I don't support piracy. One of these ODD needs to implement a 'rip' feature so I can backup my purchased games. The only reason I would use these is to reduce heat and try to provide longevity to the console.
the 360 already supports this by default, you can copy the game to your hdd to improve loading speed
the drive only checks the disc to make sure the game is a legit copy then shuts down and plays off the hdd

You've gotta remember that not everyone has a huge HDD. Game installs are typically 6 GBs I believe, so if I were to have a 20 GB HDD I'd only be able to store 3. I agree however that HDD installs greatly improve loading times. The x360dock actually supports installing games to your HDD, which I've done with most of the games.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Devin: And to add to your post, not only are HDD installs pretty large, but a lot of games are 3 discs today. FFXIII, LA Noire, RAGE, even forza and BF3 are two discs! I did the HDD hack, so I have a 320 GB hard drive, but not everyone can figure those things out.

Fudge: Agreed. Phat consoles are pretty easy, Depending on the lite-on it can be just as easy but there are about 3-4 versions of it.
360 Slims are much more difficult. Plus if you have a Slim you are completely risking not being able to use the ODE.
The Lite-On 1175 and the Hitachi 0500/0502 don't even have a working method of getting a key yet. As well as no CFW.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and how exactly do you get those files?
IIRC its very complicated?
It's not that complicated, however it varies in difficulty depending on what type of DVD drive you have. As far as phat consoles go the only drives that are somewhat hard to retrieve keys from are Lite-on brand ones. There's a few different methods for dumping the keys off them. For all the other phat drives, it's relatively simple, just hook the drive up to your PC, dump the keys off it, profit.

To add on to Fudge's post, you would use programs such as JungleFlasher to get the files. As said it's varies to drive to drive. Each drive even has it's own tab in the program, as each work differently.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Review! This item looks like a nice, cheap alternative to the x-key ODD. I like its look and simplicity and if they update the software to work with xbox games also...Wow! And for 60-80 dollars thats a beautiful thing. ****Looks for credit card**** :D

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a great alternative to xk3y. I understand using backups is never truly Live safe, but I'm wondering if using an original disc in "drive mode" is? The only reason I haven't bothered with Xbox modding is because there are several games I like to play online.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, it's a impressive piece of tech. From overlooking the review a few times, I see a couple mistakes I need to correct grammar wise. (Also need to add in the drive compatibility chart, which can be found on the x360dock site.) all of which I'll do in a bit, because it's 1:16 AM here and I'm a bit tired.

So, it's not safe for live right now. Can you run this in offline mode & you won't get banned?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, it's a impressive piece of tech. From overlooking the review a few times, I see a couple mistakes I need to correct grammar wise. (Also need to add in the drive compatibility chart, which can be found on the x360dock site.) all of which I'll do in a bit, because it's 1:16 AM here and I'm a bit tired.

So, it's not safe for live right now. Can you run this in offline mode & you won't get banned?

I'm not sure, it's all up to whether or not Microsoft can detect it. Regardless of whether you've used it on Live, or not.

pas7680

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that the only two drives not currently supported are the two drives that C4eva hasn't released cfw for, would indicate this runs off his code probably.

Will still lose out to RGH once that is easily available.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
How long can the USB cable be ? I don't have a laptop and my PC is 5 meters away from the console ? Will it work ?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out that someone is selling these on Amazon. I'll post the link as it isn't a piracy/homebrew/hacking site.

http://www.amazon.co...20872391&sr=8-8

If I do have to remove it, just tell me and I'll remove it. If I can't be contacted for some odd reason, just ask a moderator/administrator to do so.

Shouldn't be a issue. A bit pricey though. You can get one for $72 with free shipping off Digitopz, or from ndscartshop? (Forgot the name.)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose so, I'm assuming they're based in the US as well which is a bonus for those in the US. I don't have a CC, so it's Paypal only sites for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.