Review X360dock review

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about xbox 1 games? I see they dont have it listed in features in progress.

They're working on that as well. They don't update the site much. I gave them a whole redo of their site. (Old one had some broken English.) And only half of my changes are there.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are they working on a way to dump the DVD Drive keys using x360dock and are they working on supporting all Slim models? These two questions seem to be asked by a majority of people that are wanting to buy a USB Loader....

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they working on a way to dump the DVD Drive keys using x360dock and are they working on supporting all Slim models? These two questions seem to be asked by a majority of people that are wanting to buy a USB Loader....

In order of importance Module 2 places priority, drive key extraction is in the middle, and Xbox 1 compatibility is at the bottom. As for Slims, I haven't asked them on their progress but I'll ask later on tonight. Any other questions that would like to be asked, so I can gather up a list to ask if there's more?

Just a side note: I'll be getting the Module 2 as well. Shipped via Priority that I'll post here on GBAtemp. (I'll most likely create a section for it in this review.) Expect it soon.

KlexKavark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other questions that would like to be asked, so I can gather up a list to ask if there's more?

Yeah i got some if you don't mind.

1) How come some of my games show the image on the disc channel and say play game but when i go to play it says disc not supported and its not from a diffrent region.

2) Some games dont show the image at all but allow me to play. Do you think the game is corrupted? I know that when you burn for flashed drives sometimes the game looks like it works till you reach the middle and it crashes.

I have more questions but thats all i can think of right now. Damn i should have wrote them down. :(

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other questions that would like to be asked, so I can gather up a list to ask if there's more?

Yeah i got some if you don't mind.

1) How come some of my games show the image on the disc channel and say play game but when i go to play it says disc not supported and its not from a diffrent region.

2) Some games dont show the image at all but allow me to play. Do you think the game is corrupted? I know that when you burn for flashed drives sometimes the game looks like it works till you reach the middle and it crashes.

I have more questions but thats all i can think of right now. Damn i should have wrote them down. :(

I believe that happened to me once, or twice. What I did to solve it was turn off the xbox 360, unplug the usb cable, and close the x360dock software. Then turn on the xbox, wait till it boots to the dashboard then plug in the USB cable, start up the x360dock software click "Open ISO with reboot" and it's worked fine ever since.

As another method, I'd try a different place where you get your ISOs.

KlexKavark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you disconnect the usb cable from the back of the xbox or from your pc? Also is this to fix the image or the disc not supported problem?

jaysc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm thinking of either getting this or xbox 360 key.
Which one would you think is better?
Aslo, just read on the previous about Module 2. Anything i should know?
Thanks!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm thinking of either getting this or xbox 360 key.
Which one would you think is better?
Aslo, just read on the previous about Module 2. Anything i should know?
Thanks!

Working on my X360 Key review ATM, but I'd recommend the X360Dock Module 2 when it's release. (Release date keeps getting pushed back.)

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
There is one major problem with x360 dock, You have to connect it to PC to play.

The menu iso is controlled in PC, what if I put my PC in my room and my xbox in the living room?

This is why its not very popular than xkey and wasabi. There's a reason why it is cheaper.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one major problem with x360 dock, You have to connect it to PC to play.

The menu iso is controlled in PC, what if I put my PC in my room and my xbox in the living room?

This is why its not very popular than xkey and wasabi. There's a reason why it is cheaper.

Yep, it's pretty much the only flaw. I however in your situation would get a pretty long USB cable, and use a device capable of running Team Viewer to control the ISO Menu wirelessly. Only if for some reason you really want to use the X360Dock. I find the X360Key to be a bit more suited for on the fly gaming, but the only thing is I had to go out and buy a USB HDD. (I'm not complaining, loving the 2TB HDD.) While with the X360Dock, I could use some of my PC's internal HDD space. That's all. As for the Wasabi 360, I haven't had the chance to review it as *cough cough* Team Wasabi have declined sending me a sample to review. Though I have contacted other Shops to see if I can get my hands on one. It's really the only ODE I have yet to review. (Besides another one by the name of Boxzii, which this is a clone of.)

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
How does this run XGD3 or AP25 games ?
I tried with Soul Calibur 5 and Batman Arkham City and both give an " Unsupported Disc Error " . I patched them with the included patches also put them through ABGX to insert topology data .. no results .

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just received the Module 2, and will begin reviewing it soon. Bringing the price up to $90. As for your questions;

@flo I believe you mentioned fixing the issue by installing the firmware from the Boxzii website.

@eydaimon It only has the program files for Windows ATM.

It works on the "new" ones as well. There's a compatibility chart;

table.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.