Hardware Xbox 360 e stuck on loading screen

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to fire up my Xbox 360 E , and I get stuck on the following display. It hasn't been played very much. It is from 2013, and I can't even connect with controller

I was never very familiar with Xbox's. I own this one and my daughter took the Xbox One lol.

Just not sure what to try, if anyone has any suggestions. I would be happy to try them.

Attachments

• xbox360ribbon.jpg
    xbox360ribbon.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 870
  • xbox360e.jpg
    xbox360e.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,340

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that and nothing. Stays the same. I will try once more tonight when I get home, maybe I didn't wait long enough.

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tips.. Will try a few things

I will get a mod to move this thread... I didn't even realize I actually posted in this section. Thought I was under consoles lol.

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far I have done all the above, and I formatted the Hdd. Put the latest update on a USB drive. I have tried with internet connection and without. Still the same screen, and stops.

Next I am going to disassemble and clean it out

Is there any Safe Mode on Xbox 360, like PS3 and PS4 have. If so what are the steps to do so?

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Dino.. I am thinking the same. It is so strange, bought it from Best Buy, and my daughter used it just fine. Then it sat for a year and a half, and thought I would play on it. I have to say I think the Xbox One is better machine than the 360 for sure.

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe that is true. I have so many consoles, and they all still work fine. But like computers or anything, could just be faulty model. Xbox One was the first Microsoft Console I ever bought. Got it on Launch day even. I bought this 360 after that. I do like the Xbox One
I mostly have Sony , Nintendo and gaming laptop, computers

Anyway for the fun of it, I will tear this down, and see if it needs cleaning or not, or new paste if need be. I am leaning toward thinking it is a heat issue, If that doesn't work I am done with it.

Will post back with any results, good or bad

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Highly doubt it's a heat issue.
Redesigned slims are baked on the <45nm process.
Unlike the 90nm Xenon and Zephyr, they dont heat up as badly.

If you're keen on getting a new 360, I recommend a Glossy Slim from 2010.
They're easier to hack.
A Phatty from 2009 is the cheapest to hack.

Otherwise, get a Matte black Slim.

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh Okay. This is one console I don't know much about, so thanks for the tips.

I don't really care about hacking this particular console, but if I were it's good info.. I just thought seeing my daughter left this one, I would use it. If I can't get it working, I will just trade in the games and maybe look at a newer Xbox. I miss playing Halo series, and Sony doesn't have that game. lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xbone's 360 BC is constantly improving.
You could get a second hand Xbone and try a multitude of games on there.
Halo will never be BC due to the Masterchief collection.

Oh, almost forgot to mention.
Original Xbox BC is also being rolled out.
Expect several more titles to be BC in the following weeks.

Reactions: windrider

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I did take it apart, and left it until tonight. Fired it up, and it froze on where I select Profile. I unplugged it, put the update on USB in the port, fired it up again, and it took the update.

I am now playing Halo 4 again.

I have played the Masterchief Collection on our Xbox one, and loved it. I really wanted Halo 5 Guardians, but will definitely have to get another Xbox One, unless my daughter brings home ours, lol.

I want to thank you all for all the help on this, and glad I got it working again.

Update - I am on the observation deck, and just killed two , and the game froze. So still not sure what the problem may be.

Last edited by windrider,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In all honesty, I'd love to take your 360 apart and check it out for meself, see what the problem is but, I doubt you'd send it to Europe.
Let alone for free.

I think your console is just flawed.
Best is to get a replacement.

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Thanks for the offer, but yes it's not worth it for me to send to Europe

I decided to restore it to Factory, seeing I had formatted it originally on my Laptop. See if that makes any difference.

Otherwise I agree it does seem flawed in some way. It was very clean inside, no dust or hair. I thought it might have had seeing my daughter had a ferret in her room.

I will try the game later today once more. If it works, I am either keeping it or trading it in at EB Games.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember that the xbox 360 is very sensible. If you or someone else accidentally fall the 360 down, It would get some internal damage. I would say, that the mainboard is the problem that it while it boots up, freeze.

Wasn‘t it in the past, that when someone tried to hack a 360 and accidentally erased the Console ID (to set an patched ID to get a hacked 360(?)) it doesn‘t boot up and get stuck like that? It could be fixed by a RGH (Reset Glitch Hack) or might be I wrong here?

(It was long ago when I read about it)

Reactions: windrider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."