Hardware Xbox 360 e stuck on loading screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey @windrider , long time no see. how have you been?

iirc, an hdd error usually pops up E68. that's when the hdd isn't properly seated. however, by the sounds of, it's probably hardware failure. there's a button press that can diagnose the problem. I can't recall what it is though, but you should be able to find it. each quadrant of the ring of light refers to a number in the code. the quadrants will flash. you can then look up that number. there's a website that has a list of these error codes on top of the E error codes.

this has how to do it. I think you might have to have rrod, possibly any red light error:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xbox-360-error-codes-explained-and-how-to-fix-them.2480/

Last edited by godreborn,

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey @windrider , long time no see. how have you been?

iirc, an hdd error usually pops up E68. that's when the hdd isn't properly seated. however, by the sounds of, it's probably hardware failure. there's a button press that can diagnose the problem. I can't recall what it is though, but you should be able to find it. each quadrant of the ring of light refers to a number in the code. the quadrants will flash. you can then look up that number. there's a website that has a list of these error codes on top of the E error codes.

this has how to do it. I think you might have to have rrod, possibly any red light error:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xbox-360-error-codes-explained-and-how-to-fix-them.2480/

Hey Pinky.... Long time no talk. I haven't been on psx place since my PS3 had RSOD, but I got that fixed and no more issues. I am doing okay, just busy with work etc. Nothing exciting. How are you?

This XBOX 360 issue is strange. Never had any Red LIght Issues. Microsoft supposed to have fixed heating issues etc with this E Model.

I have heard Microsoft uses cheap thermal paste, and even on this model some say change it out after two years.

I am just going to trade it in at EB Games, and let them fix it lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Pinky.... Long time no talk. I haven't been on psx place since my PS3 had RSOD, but I got that fixed and no more issues. I am doing okay, just busy with work etc. Nothing exciting. How are you?

This XBOX 360 issue is strange. Never had any Red LIght Issues. Microsoft supposed to have fixed heating issues etc with this E Model.

I have heard Microsoft uses cheap thermal paste, and even on this model some say change it out after two years.

I am just going to trade it in at EB Games, and let them fix it lol.

I'm doing well. been trying to get on disability for almost two years now.

I don't believe the secondary error code works unless the lights are flashing. yeah, the early 360s and ps3s are pos really. the heating should be better with slim models. the solder points in both the 360 and ps3 become brittle over time. I think it's due to the sudden heat up/cool down. I like how the ps4 does it - the fans continue running to cool the system down to a sufficient level after powering off. :)

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm doing well. been trying to get on disability for almost two years now.

I don't believe the secondary error code works unless the lights are flashing. yeah, the early 360s and ps3s are pos really. the heating should be better with slim models. the solder points in both the 360 and ps3 become brittle over time. I think it's due to the sudden heat up/cool down. I like how the ps4 does it - the fans continue running to cool the system down to a sufficient level after powering off. :)

I wish you good luck on getting disability. I know it can be hard sometimes. I do rem ember you telling me that before. :)

Yeah I love my PS4.... Had it since Launch Day and no issues so far. I still have so many consoles, they all work fine as well. Thinking one day of cleaning up and selling them lol. Might finally be time.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you good luck on getting disability. I know it can be hard sometimes. I do rem ember you telling me that before. :)

Yeah I love my PS4.... Had it since Launch Day and no issues so far. I still have so many consoles, they all work fine as well. Thinking one day of cleaning up and selling them lol. Might finally be time.

thanks. I've been very depressed throughout the whole ordeal.

I own one of those metal slime ps4s that were sold only in Japan. I love the metal slim dust jacket on top of the system. :D I bought the thing used, so the theme code had already been used. I did get the anniversary theme, but it's ugly as hell. I'm sticking with the final fantasy 7 theme. I bought the version of the game with trophies. :P I don't play my ps4 really ever though. I have maybe 6 games for it, and I haven't beaten any of them. my psn account was recently banned, so I'm going to have to make a new account. I'll probably delete the old account just to be safe. however, I don't even play on psn, so it's no big loss. I'll just wait until a hack materializes that allows access to the ps4 file system. I'm currently blocking updates since the download/install function seems to be broken. ;)

windrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks. I've been very depressed throughout the whole ordeal.

I own one of those metal slime ps4s that were sold only in Japan. I love the metal slim dust jacket on top of the system. :D I bought the thing used, so the theme code had already been used. I did get the anniversary theme, but it's ugly as hell. I'm sticking with the final fantasy 7 theme. I bought the version of the game with trophies. :P I don't play my ps4 really ever though. I have maybe 6 games for it, and I haven't beaten any of them. my psn account was recently banned, so I'm going to have to make a new account. I'll probably delete the old account just to be safe. however, I don't even play on psn, so it's no big loss. I'll just wait until a hack materializes that allows access to the ps4 file system. I'm currently blocking updates since the download/install function seems to be broken. ;)

I can understand the depression. It's hard when things aren't good. I have been down financially since almost three years now, so it is very tough. Hope things pick up in 2018

That system sounds cool. I had one PSN account banned. I forget what year, but it was on PS3, probably in 2011 or 12. I was testing on of Rogero's firmware, and all I did was download netflix lol. I never played online, except on OFW.
Anyway created a new account and all has been good since. I have played quite a few games on PS4 so far. But lately been playing Mass Effect Andromeda on my laptop.
My last game I played on PS4 was Shadow of Mordor.

I am sure they will create some hack for PS4. Seems inevitable lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the depression. It's hard when things aren't good. I have been down financially since almost three years now, so it is very tough. Hope things pick up in 2018

That system sounds cool. I had one PSN account banned. I forget what year, but it was on PS3, probably in 2011 or 12. I was testing on of Rogero's firmware, and all I did was download netflix lol. I never played online, except on OFW.
Anyway created a new account and all has been good since. I have played quite a few games on PS4 so far. But lately been playing Mass Effect Andromeda on my laptop.
My last game I played on PS4 was Shadow of Mordor.

I am sure they will create some hack for PS4. Seems inevitable lol

I'm sorry. I hope things pick up for both of us in 2018. :)

I'm not sure how it happened really. bits on psx place said he had only downloaded crunchy role, then was banned. there seems to be no logic to psn bannings. I remember reading about sony banning reviewers due to their history. I don't they don't know what they're doing. lol the system ban is not so bad since it takes very little effort to unban yourself, but the account banning on three systems is a pita. I've been trying to figure out how to transfer everything on the vita to a new account. with the ps4, I'll probably just delete the account and lose my games. I have very few of them digitally. and, the ps3 is easy to transfer content now that it's been fully hacked. :P

Reactions: windrider

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be heat-related failure. I say this because I think the 360 E fan spins nice and quiet...but too slow to cool it adequately, for my liking. Haven't had a problem with mine yet except for some infrequent freezes and other little oddities that could well be software. Heat is a big killer of hardware.

Reactions: windrider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat