Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

For those genuinely hyped about Xbox X, what is it that has you pumped up? The hardware? The games?

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean i said that before they announced the price, but either way there's no way a system made with $500 worth of materials can natively play more than a couple games at 4k 60, or even 4k 30 for a lot of games.
I'm fine with that, as long as games that can be played on the Xbox One X can also be played on the Xbox one S. I don't need 4k, i just want the games they showed off. Also, original Xbox games are cool, hopefully that'd be a feature on the Xbox One S also

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Way to miss the point. Shouldn't have to pay to play online, rather you are rich or poor, period.

Just accept that big studios today don't seem have time to produce game stories, so no online == no game content not even couch co-op if you don't subscribe.

If you are interested in current generations of consoles you should factor in the subscription cost, decide one game that still makes it worth it and wait a year for the subscription freebies to build up,
then maybe you have invested enough to make it worth it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just accept that big studios today don't seem have time to produce game stories, so no online == no game content not even couch co-op if you don't subscribe.

If you are interested in current generations of consoles you should factor in the subscription cost, decide one game that still makes it worth it and wait a year for the subscription freebies to build up,
And if one opts for story mode single player games it will strip down a console's library by a good portion.

PS4 - Strong exclusives and third party support
Xbox - Strong third party support
Switch - Exclusive games and a few third party games, if even that.

PS4 is the best gaming system of this gen.

Reactions: duwen

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And if one opts for story mode single player games it will strip down a console's library by a good portion.

Lol nope.
PS4 overheats.
PS4 has a shitty online service.
PS4 exclusives does not have a legacy in countepart of Nintendo's ones.
PS4 has the same third party library as the Xbox One.
The PS4 premium console (PS4 Pro) is a really bad joke.
PS4 is the fucking same console since the PSX, just more power to the past of the years.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol nope.
PS4 overheats.
PS4 is the fucking same console since the PSX, just more power to the past of the years.

Low quality bait there mate.

I think you'll find that there are more third party exclusive games on PS4 than there are 1st party exclusives for Xbone and Switch combined.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Lol nope.
PS4 overheats.
This is some desperate damage control attempt.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think it's really fair to count the switch as the same generation as the ps4 since they came out 3 years apart, more accurate to compare it to the Wii U and Xbox One. In that case, for someone who doesn't have a pc, ps4 is the obvious choice because of the great third party and solid first party. But if you already have a good pc, I think Wii U beats it because of much stronger first party with botw, smash, bayo 2, Mario etc

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All this does is push people to PC. Now I can't buy any online games on consoles, knowing I still need to pay even more money on top of that, just to maintain playing. Don't care for all the "extra free content", I just want to play online. If people want to buy extras with online, it should be an optional. Let alone all the DLC and Microtransactions on top of that. If people would actually stop defending and not pay a dime. Pay online wouldn't be a thing. In fact, I guarantee that if no one paid for Nintendo's online, they wouldn't speak of pay online, ever again.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I don't think it's really fair to count the switch as the same generation as the ps4 since they came out 3 years apart, more accurate to compare it to the Wii U and Xbox One. In that case, for someone who doesn't have a pc, ps4 is the obvious choice because of the great third party and solid first party. But if you already have a good pc, I think Wii U beats it because of much stronger first party with botw, smash, bayo 2, Mario etc
The Switch is an in-between generation system so it's bound to be compared to PS4, Xbox and then PS5/Xbox.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is an in-between generation system so it's bound to be compared to PS4, Xbox and then PS5/Xbox.
I understand that, but comparing the libraries a half year old system and a 3 and a half year old system is a predetermined outcome. It means nothing. I stand by ps4 it the best console for anyone without a gaming pc, and Wii U is the best for someone with one.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those genuinely hyped about Xbox X, what is it that has you pumped up? The hardware? The games?

Easily the hardware, it's a machine that can play the game's I want to play at the best resolution and FPS. It's great for when I want to sit back and play an exploration game rather than play on my pc at those same settings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm worried about the CPU, it's still using 8 Jaguar cores which I don't think is enough for 4k 60

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
$500 is the price point at which the original Xbox One struggled to sell.

The main draw of this new Xbox, from what I'm seeing, is power. People willing to spend this much and interested in power probably have a PC. Who are they marketing to?

Two types of people I can think of:
1) Those who want 'more power' while having the relative 'simplicity' of consoles.
2) Those who play games which typically aren't as good or not at all on PC e.g. Fifa (as someone at work mentioned).

Personally, I'd likely spend the money on upgrading my CPU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte