Hardware Xbox One X Safe to get one now?

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone,

First off want to say that I used to have a switch i sold it today because it wasnt cutting it for me i used it primary docked as a console and games like doom ran Just terrible on it,
So i figured since im using this like a console why not sell it and get a real console..
So i did that and now im deciding if i should pick up an Xbox one X?
I still have to wait 2 weeks since i only got 400€ for my switch with games and controller and Xbox one X is 488€ But thats alright i can wait..
But the problem is i keep hearing very bad stories about the X like the consoles are dying in few days and the thermal paste on it comes dry on multiple consoles that Will lead to overheating with time...
Are these issues fixed is it safe to get one?
Or should i go for the PS4 pro?

Oh also i dont really care for exclussives Nor Sony and Microsoft have anything that interest me atm.. Its mostly for third party since the games i like are mostly third party like Doom,wolfenstein 2, fallout, overwatch,Cod, Skyrim etc..

Since im a doom fan i just wanna experience it the real way and Nintendo wasnt cutting it

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be a man and buy a pentium pc with win95 and play the original doom. Anything else and you are not getting the real experience.

Like i said im a doom fan i already that i play all kinds of doom wads made by the community as well i play it almost daily Its Just i wanna play doom 2016 in 60 FPS my pc cant do that and im fine with a gamepad doesnt bother me

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Like i said im a doom fan i already that i play all kinds of doom wads made by the community as well i play it almost daily Its Just i wanna play doom 2016 in 60 FPS my pc cant do that and im fine with a gamepad doesnt bother me
If you really want one then just do it. I see you live in Europe so you have 2 years of warranty atleast minimum so if it breaks down you can get a new one. Microsoft has a program that they give you another console in the meantime while they fix your old one if you give them like 300-400 euro in loan wich you get back if you return the other console to them that you got from them.

D

Deleted-355425

I love my xbox scorpio edition, games run amazing and loading times are lightening fast!

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you were REALLY into multiplayer FPS games then go for Xbox One X. (Or if you don't have a 4K TV, Xbox One S is good and cheap.) I can say the performance is way beyond PS4 Pro IF the game utilized the hardware and provide 4K texture.

Otherwise, I think PS4 Pro is a better option as it has more games and 3rd-party supports. (Have almost every AAA titles Xbox has except those made by Microsoft itself.) Almost all Xbox exclusives were made by Microsoft and not really exclusive because of XPA. You can play them on a Windows 10 PC too. Even Switch has a better library than Xbox One. (Don't know, maybe because I'm not a FPS guy and GoW 4 can't have me playing for 200+ hours like BotW, SMO, XB2...etc.)

Just pick one that suits you. I was too lazy to decide so I just buy all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.