xbox turning off randomly.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello again. having a sudden issue with the xbox randomly shutting itself off. it seems to happen the quickest when i start an ftp and start transferring files it will just shut down. at first i thought it was being caused by a problem with the 2t sata i put in it, but it had gone about a week or so before i turned it on one day and it was doing this. i started looking into it and there seems to be a type of psu that has problems and can possibly catch fire? does anyone have more info and maybe steps to test and replace if needed?

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
went over the board pretty thoroughly, not seeing any broken lines at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

should i get the same foxlink or is there a better one to use? its a 1.1 board btw.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is the whole board

and here is a closer picture of the left side that the tutorials said would be the main issue.

also i was looking at the spot that i soldered there under where that tape pad thing is, could i have killed that trace to the left?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

forgot this one

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That one spot doesn't come up, do you have a suggestion for it? Is it even a problem? I am totally new to this and finding the most recent information is difficult. Im here because this community is usually helpful with these kind of things.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, thank you. Do i need to just replace it with the same model? Or is there an improved one? I have seen all this stuff saying the foxlinks can catch fire, so I'm wondering if there is an alternative, or if its just over exaggerated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water