Xenoblade Chronicles 2 dedicated Nintendo direct announced

xenoblade_direct.jpg

Nintendo announced that they are having one of their "directs" and dedicating it exclusively to telling you about the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the sequel to the enjoyed, by the fans at least, Wii title and its Wii U offshoot in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The game itself hits the Nintendo Switch worldwide on the 1st of December 2017. The direct is scheduled the 7th of November 2017, 2pm UK time. A timer for those in other regions.

You can view the stream on Nintendo's own website, Nintendo's youtube channel and likely anywhere else they have a presence.

You can see the video released during the Nintendo Direct in September below

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I envy your strong will.
Even though I have already pre ordered the collector's edition I can't help my urge to see more and soon.
Indeed, I'm a sucker for these kinds of directs, mostly one of my favourite RPG series of games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh good, a Direct that won't make me cringe.

What directs made you cringe? The nindies thing?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, I'm a sucker for these kinds of directs, mostly one of my favourite RPG series of games.

What directs made you cringe? The nindies thing?

No, the Animal Crossing mobile on, the Super Mario Run one, mostly. I couldn't care less about them.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Three games in three months? Even ignoring that doom is a rerelease is this what Nintendo has trained people to accept as consistent?
Three games that are far from your ordinary third party port. The Switch already has two greatest game of all time level games.

No, the Animal Crossing mobile on, the Super Mario Run one, mostly. I couldn't care less about them.
I wouldn't really consider those real directs imo.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three games that are far from your ordinary third party port. The Switch already has two greatest game of all time level games.

I wouldn't really consider those real directs imo.

They had the Nintendo Direct name, but they were still bloody cringe-worthy *shudder*. I still despised them, I'm entitled to not liking mobile Nintendo IPs.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's what I watch as well, less boring :lol: And you can be sure I'll watch the XBC2 Direct.
Looking forward to it a lot as well. Not the biggest fan of the english voice actor for Rex, so I think I'll be hoping for Japanese dubbing to be confirmed, as well as some of the story.

Reactions: the_randomizer

GerardSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This actually looks amazing. The next Pokémon main series game, Monster Hunter XX and now this.. I fear I cant resist the urge to get a switch now :|

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Three games that he finds interesting in three months. If you were to count all the games released in those three months they will probably be around 40. Anyway, nice troll.
I don't troll Switch users -- while I am anything but a marquis of queensbury type and will kick someone while they are down, asleep and facing away from me (few better times in fact) they have bad enough.

It was more that I recalled doing GBA, DS and 360 release posts where 3 games in three months would be a slow summer. Maybe they have unique tastes, however a platfomer, a doom clone and an action game/RPG thing is hardly "only likes ancient civilisations 4x strategies".

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
This actually looks amazing. The next Pokémon main series game, Monster Hunter XX and now this.. I fear I cant resist the urge to get a switch now :|
No one can! Muahahaha!
Anyways, the Switch's library is shaping up to be nothing short of very impressive, and that's bound to sell tons of units. Good on 'em, and I wish your wallet the best of luck!

D

Deleted User

I don't troll Switch users -- while I am anything but a marquis of queensbury type and will kick someone while they are down, asleep and facing away from me (few better times in fact) they have bad enough.

It was more that I recalled doing GBA, DS and 360 release posts where 3 games in three months would be a slow summer. Maybe they have unique tastes, however a platfomer, a doom clone and an action game/RPG thing is hardly "only likes ancient civilisations 4x strategies".
True. I remember 10 Years ago when the DS and Wii where a thing, a lot more games where released for Nintendo systems.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Three games in three months? Even ignoring that doom is a rerelease is this what Nintendo has trained people to accept as consistent?
If you have time for more than 1 AAA title a month you're doing something wrong ;)

Anyways I'm super excited for this one, not going to be a day one buy because I like to get a real decent game every Christmas so this is it. I shall be ignoring everything about it untill Christmas day so as not to spoil it for myself.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have time for more than 1 AAA title a month you're doing something wrong ;)

No kids, minimal cost of living and some skills which pay high enough that it is even easier to do the previous? If that is doing something wrong then I am OK with that.

Equally https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2708 reckons 12 hours as average for Doom story. Even if you did not lead a life of leisure that is evenings during a week and maybe a weekend. Said thing also assumes you have not played it before and are interested in it? Going back to the 360 days I referred to earlier you would have a couple of choices for a given style of game, or maybe a couple of different styles of game if one did not float your boat.
Number of FPS stories/campaigns I have done more than once... original Deus Ex and after that we are onto ones with good co-op (Halo, Borderlands, Perfect Dark sort of thing). I have never bothered to look into what the world at large does (does Steam share anything like this?) but among those I have met in the real world I am not unique in this approach.

Wii U xenoblade clocks some 70 hours if https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21287 is anything to go by. I have done worse in a week but not many times and it takes a good game to do that, and xenoblade could surprise us but I have my doubts.

and we shall finish off with Mario.
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=42833
27 hours on the leisurely one. I can't do a Mario game in one sitting but even my favourites of the franchise I rarely return to.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No kids, minimal cost of living and some skills which pay high enough that it is even easier to do the previous? If that is doing something wrong then I am OK with that.

Equally https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2708 reckons 12 hours as average for Doom story. Even if you did not lead a life of leisure that is evenings during a week and maybe a weekend. Said thing also assumes you have not played it before and are interested in it? Going back to the 360 days I referred to earlier you would have a couple of choices for a given style of game, or maybe a couple of different styles of game if one did not float your boat.
Number of FPS stories/campaigns I have done more than once... original Deus Ex and after that we are onto ones with good co-op (Halo, Borderlands, Perfect Dark sort of thing). I have never bothered to look into what the world at large does (does Steam share anything like this?) but among those I have met in the real world I am not unique in this approach.

Wii U xenoblade clocks some 70 hours if https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=21287 is anything to go by. I have done worse in a week but not many times and it takes a good game to do that, and xenoblade could surprise us but I have my doubts.

and we shall finish off with Mario.
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=42833
27 hours on the leisurely one. I can't do a Mario game in one sitting but even my favourites of the franchise I rarely return to.
That's well and good when you selectively miss entire sections of the library out to prove your point ofc.

Many would also count some/all of the following as additions to their library; Skyrim, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario+Rabids, Mario Kart delux, Pokken Tourney, Golf Story, Stardew Valley, Fifa 18, Just Dance, Nights of Azure, Mummy de, Lego ninjago, Rogue trooper delux, Sine Mora ex, One piece, Dragon Ball Xeno, NBA 2k18, Isaac after birth, Gunvolt Striker, Minecraft, Minecraft Story, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2, Fate Extella, Cars 3, Arms.

That's back the last 3 months, also doesn't include the masses of indies that some may find enjoyable, remember just because a game might not be to your tastes it doesn't make it bad, being as you're not the centre of the world to anyone but yourself.

Then we have Sonic forces, L.A noir, Rime, Batman telltale, MXGP3, Xeno 2 and Doom all within the next month.

Selectively stating "3 games in 3 months" is a bit embarrassing for someone describing themselves as a "reporter" to be honest.

I would suggest you leave personal opinions on the floor and try to be more objective than subjective in the future if you wish to be taken seriously. It certainly shows a lack of education past secondary level anyway. I mean I get you are just trolling on the internet but I wondered if you wished to take on some advice to better yourself, I'm sure not though.

As for your examples I'm not sure how many options were available within the first 7 months of release on the platforms without doing some research (This is something you might wish to try doing too before posting) but one thing I do know is that both Xenoblade games on Wii and Wii U respectively can very much lead into hundreds and hundreds of hours and I doubt this will be much different.

Anyway, I bid you good day as that's about as much feeding as I wish to give the trolls today.

Last edited by Risingdawn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning