ROM Hack [XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

Joele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to edit this file?
I saw Mixeli who did it but as usual Ohana3ds from problems ...
You know if there's a way to change it?
upload_2017-12-1_17-4-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-1_17-1-23.png
    upload_2017-12-1_17-1-23.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: WARlord1903

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of these things can only be done in Citra. And it's not because we don't know the file structures, it's the same as Sun and Moon basically, it's just that no one talented or knowledgeable enough is interested in creating a new program or updating Ohana or something. Pokemon ROM hacking has a very small niche.

WARlord1903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this was asked above, but can someone explain to me why we can't import our own models into S/M/US/UM? Can someone give me the technical reason why it's not the same as X/Y/OR/AS?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this was asked above, but can someone explain to me why we can't import our own models into S/M/US/UM? Can someone give me the technical reason why it's not the same as X/Y/OR/AS?
Um it is, more or less. It's not about we CAN'T it's the fact that there are no PUBLIC programs that can do it. Ohana allowed you to import models in Gen 6, it doesn't allow that in Gen 7. It even had to be "tweaked" to allow us to edit the textures for that game. The dev of Ohana is (for whatever reason) ignorant to the fact that people want the import option back. Ohana/SPICA were both written as VIEWERS/EXPORTERS, they weren't meant to be editors but it was forked and importing was added by someone else, not gDKchan.

The only way you're going to be able to do it, is to convince someone with a private program/method to make it public, fork Ohana/SPICA yourself, or issue some pull requests on these respective Githubs and pray the dev is still active.

In all honesty, we just need a new program made specifically for editing Pokemon models/textures but the devs that COULD accomplish such a feat have no interest in it. So here we are. Money talks, so I'm 99% sure if we donated (or paid outright) for someone to create a program we'd see one a lot sooner.

WARlord1903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, we just need a new program made specifically for editing Pokemon models/textures but the devs that COULD accomplish such a feat have no interest in it. So here we are. Money talks, so I'm 99% sure if we donated (or paid outright) for someone to create a program we'd see one a lot sooner.
If anyone on The Temp has the knowledge to make a program that is specifically for editing Pokémon models, I would be more this happy to pay them to develop it, although I doubt many people on this forum would know considering we don't have it yet. :/

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone on The Temp has the knowledge to make a program that is specifically for editing Pokémon models, I would be more this happy to pay them to develop it, although I doubt many people on this forum would know considering we don't have it yet. :/
Well no, if you want to approach someone then DM a dev or use twitter or whatever to ask them if they would do it for you. I highly doubt they are just going to come across this thread and be like, "Hmm let me get on that" lol. I mean you can always go to the github and ask gdkchan directly why he pretends people don't want import options in his programs. Money talks, so I'm sure he might reconsider if offered some compensation I dunno....

I'm fine with just doing textures lol. You can also edit a lot more if you're using Citra instead of a console.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Joele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New video. Pretty simple edit.

Yeah, I tried editing one of those. The Aether one actually. I wanted to have a black line in the middle instead of white, but black goes transparent.

Do you have a guide to change them?
have been trying for months but without result

LenGamingLab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a guide to change them?
have been trying for months but without result
Seems like you already have the file. Open Ohana3DS. Then in "Tools" open the "BCH texture replacer". From there just export the texture and edit it in photoshop or whatever software you use. Then back in the "BCH texture replacer", click [replace], select your edited texture and finally go to "File" and "Save".

Joele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems like you already have the file. Open Ohana3DS. Then in "Tools" open the "BCH texture replacer". From there just export the texture and edit it in photoshop or whatever software you use. Then back in the "BCH texture replacer", click [replace], select your edited texture and finally go to "File" and "Save".
the only problem is that when I go to select the ohana file it gives me an error

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo! Since I got into modding Pokemon USUM right now, can anyone tell me how to do texture modding and other stuffs?
I haven't seen someone posing guides and stuff about modding 3DS Pokemon games, but I want to know. You can DM me if you know.

Oh BTW. SaltySD works on Citra. I haven't seen someone who tried the SaltySD support on Citra(probably because everyone thinks it's hard to mod a game on an emulator when it's not). I made my first mod and it requires code.bin to make a mod work on Citra.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo! Since I got into modding Pokemon USUM right now, can anyone tell me how to do texture modding and other stuffs?
I haven't seen someone posing guides and stuff about modding 3DS Pokemon games, but I want to know. You can DM me if you know.

Oh BTW. SaltySD works on Citra. I haven't seen someone who tried the SaltySD support on Citra(probably because everyone thinks it's hard to mod a game on an emulator when it's not). I made my first mod and it requires code.bin to make a mod work on Citra.
Is it illegal to tell anyone how to texture mod in Pokemon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.